Archeotech - OOC and General Discussion

Trokair

4 hours ago, Petragor said:

Certainly, that sounds very cool! Obviously, she doesn’t have the funds to pay for a bodyguard anymore, so Aria and her would be on much more even ground in terms of authority.

Aria is a literal pariah - so being in the service of some recognised authority is just good sense.

43 minutes ago, Trokair said:

Any questions at this point?

Any opportunity to buy or otherwise pick up rations?

10 minutes ago, Lord_Ikka said:

Do we have any hints or vague ideas on possible archeotech sites? 

If not, having Helene check on Ecclesiarchy rumors or Varn on outlander talk might be job one. 

A briefing pack and map will be issued.

2 minutes ago, A.T. said:

Any opportunity to buy or otherwise pick up rations?

There will be, currently rereading the planned opening post (to make sure it all works), once that is up you will see. 

Edited by Trokair

28 minutes ago, Lord_Ikka said:

I think for now limiting the team funds for food/lodging would be best (staying at inns when available, buying rations/tents if not), though possibly hiring transport to a potential site would also be a good use. 

Do we have any hints or vague ideas on possible archeotech sites? 

If not, having Helene check on Ecclesiarchy rumors or Varn on outlander talk might be job one. 

Currently, the team looks like this (in combat / utility):

Helene- close combat / political interaction + face

Kasimir- close combat / brute force + driver

Aria- close combat+sniping / bodyguard + anti-psyker

Varn- fire support / scout + low-tech knowledge

Ravia- fire support / technology + leader(?)

Let me know if that is a good general guide to your characters. 

Sounds about right to me, I can also buff with Faith talents, and I’ll be able to do some AOE if I ever get my hands on a Flamer.

21 minutes ago, A.T. said:

Aria is a literal pariah - so being in the service of some recognised authority is just good sense.

Alright then bodyguard, you’re hired! You’ve got your work cut out for you, considering Helene’s Chainsword-centric combat style.

Well, that takes care of transportation and initial supplies.

Edit- I'll be able to post my intro segment this evening, as I'm about to head to bed (night shift worker).  

Edited by Lord_Ikka

Until that was listed I didn’t realize just how Close combat oriented this team was. And my pseudo Oygrn might be able to pick up the ability to be mid range but that would be a waste of his talent lol.  

edit: also do we get Vox beads once we meet up at David? Since it has the links for that.

Edited by TechCaptain

1 hour ago, TechCaptain said:

Until that was listed I didn’t realize just how Close combat oriented this team was. And my pseudo Oygrn might be able to pick up the ability to be mid range but that would be a waste of his talent lol.  

edit: also do we get Vox beads once we meet up at David? Since it has the links for that.

It seems a fair split, two melee, two range and one that can do either. 

Yes, micro-beads will be provided, they are part of the briefing package. 

Edited by Trokair

12 minutes ago, Machine God said:

How does Twiceborn get into the enclosed Driver's position of the Goliath with a Greatsword strapped to his back?

He has to take it off on the interior, assumingly he places it tucked between the drive seat and the hull in easy reach. I am picturing how I placed my M249 in a MRAP while deployed.

This is feeling more and more of the crew of outcasts story lol. Aria the pariah, Kazimir the rebuilt, Varn the Feral are all lacking in anything wanting to deal with people. Helene and Ravia are more normal but a Noble among the commoners and a Techpriestess that was mainly a documentary person are not the usual haha. I am loving the dynamic that is starting to develop though especially with Varn there to be a literal different view.

I will try to get another post up after work.

Edited by TechCaptain

21 minutes ago, Petragor said:

With Aria spotting and Kaz driving, that leaves one spot. Should go to the expedition leader imo

Aria can also ride outside or walk alongside - it seems odd that Helene would be on foot unless she is planning on standing atop the goliath praising the sun or something :p

Ravia has taken the coms seat already, so with Aria spotting and Kaz driving that is the front cabin full, so Varn and Helen would need to be in the back. While the raised platform on the left behind the cabin is technically full of supplies I can see Varn climb on top of them and sit there while the weather is fair. So Helene could sit anywhere along the bench on the right side in the back of the goliath, perhaps looking out back, or sting in the shade of the canvas cover.  In fact if all the other team members are in the cabin (or in Varn’s case sitting on supply creates on the raised platform) then there would be plenty of space in the back for Helene to kneel and pray if she so chose.

Before we depart the mustering grounds there is also some choices for the team.

• You can join the East grouping (about 50 vehicles and a smidgen under 270 people) in their convey and head out along the Great East Highway, this follows along the cost from settlement to settlement. Travelling in Convoy limits sped to about 50KPH, but you don’t have to worry about navigation, civilian traffic and such.
  • You can attempt bypass the Convey and head out along the Great East Highway at your own pace. You will require 6 opposed drive tests to do this (there are six teams within the east grouping). If you fail you are forced to be part of the convoy.
  • Any other transport arrangement you can think of and suggest will be considered.