My Adeptus Titanicus Plog

It’s long been a pipe dream of mine to one day own a Forge World Titan. I love the design of Imperial Titans in general and really enjoy the lore side of them too. Sadly the Challange of painting something that large has always put me off (Not to mention the price!). With the new edition of Adeptus Titanicus however I finally have to opportunity to scratch that Titan itch, albeit on a smaller scale! I plan on creating my own Legio and already have a solid idea of what colour scheme I’m gonna use. I’m waiting on getting a permeant painting station set up before tackling the Titans themselves but in the meantime I’ve made a start on some terrain.

gallery_33348_16891_2014431.jpeg

gallery_33348_16891_1542586.jpeg

Edited by Master Commander Ajax

That terrain piece looks really good. How did you do the streaking?

Thank you! I painted small, vertical streaks of Windsor and Newton Burnt Umbar oil paint thinned with white spirit. Then I came back with a large, soft brush and lightly brushed over the streaks, softening them. In real life they’re actually a bit starker than what they appear in the pictures, I might go back and tinker with them a bit more tomorrow.

I added some chipping to the shield generators today. My first time doing so with 8mm scale models.

gallery_33348_16891_1275241.jpeg

Overall I’d say I’m pleased. Feel like they’re a little “off” though, maybe I’ve just been staring at them for too long. Below is a before and after comparison.

gallery_33348_16891_145811.jpeg

First of all, those are great! Oil paints adds a whole new dimension to shading and weathering.

As for the chipping, to my eye it seems like a little too much of it. It draws the eye away from the great streaking you did and makes things seem a bit "cluttered."

(Meant as constructive criticism, and I acknowledge that there's a lot of personal preference involved...)