State of the Union (Heresy)

My guess would be it’s just rendering the nav starting from the wrong root node in a hierarchical tree, showing either a working area in the CMS, or a previous version of the site. Could be due to a corrupt session, faulty caching, or catching it mid-deployment.

forgeworld.co.uk moved to the same platform as games-workshop.com in 2015, which was the same year AoS launched. At which time they’d presumably need an area in the backend to create a few hundred Forge World products.

“Warhammer Forge” was the old brand name for Forge World Warhammer stuff they used for a few years before AoS, starting when Rick Priestley was at Forge World and they were releasing stuff like the Skin Wolves and Fimir. They stopped using it mid-2015 when the site relaunched into a post-AoS world. Here’s an archive from March 2015:  https://web.archive.org/web/20150325092502/http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer

So, the sections you can see in those screenshots exactly match what you’d expect for the Forge World website mid-transition in 2015, before AoS was announced.

Everything GW wants to maintain trademarks for will inevitably some day be relaunched in plastic, but I think there are plenty of other more likely explanations for this than it being an indication that’s imminent for Age of Darkness.

Edited by Lucien Eilam

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/04/15/meet-the-true-power-behind-the-warmasters-throne/?fbclid=IwAR1sN3nxVLiVXqsjRdewrZwCkJ4EcVNfGfkEj5rRsuIrAZ-By0n1xF1LwyU

This is promising. 

'Welcome to Legion dispatch, the first in a regular series of articles where we'll show off new models for the Horus Heresy.'

That certainly came out of nowhere, hopefully its a sign that maybe they will go back and fill in the missing characters and units from past black books.

Now I don’t want to get anyone’s hopes up but it’s interesting that Maloghurst has those indents/vents/whatever you want to call them on the bottom of his shoulder pads, as far as I’m aware no resin 30k power armoured marine from forge world has them, perhaps he may be plastic. 

at the very least we know he isn’t a character series just like Tarvitz so who knows, either way I’m excited for him to be released.

Now I don’t want to get anyone’s hopes up but it’s interesting that Maloghurst has those indents/vents/whatever you want to call them on the bottom of his shoulder pads, as far as I’m aware no resin 30k power armoured marine from forge world has them, perhaps he may be plastic. 

Interesting, yeah I kinda thought similar.  It's a lot chunkier than most resin pieces - check the neck armour compared to DG torsos as a fast example, along with the rather 'thin' section of banner either side of the hand as well as the straightness of the pole (yes I realise that's no indication lol).  But the vents could be because of his pose, needing something to decorate the big flat sections that are exposed from a frontal view.

Definitely got me wondering now!

Resin and plastic models get sculpted basically the same way these days so its hard to tell by eye but i think its interesting hes not listed as character series so far, and the base does not look like it slots into a larger decorative one, though again thats hardly conclusive either :D 

It's great to see some more Heresy content and the talk of a "regular" series.

FW have implied there's quite a bit to come (and some surprises, well this was a surprise!) but that could be unfounded hype given some of the GW "massive" announcements have been underwhelming.

I doubt he's plastic, I fell into that trap with Tarvitz.

But good news!

The styling of the more recent HH figures has been increasingly in line with the main studio – bolder, chunkier details. I think that's a deliberate strategic choice, to ensure the GW aesthetic extends across the whole brand. In the past, FW designs seemed to have much more leeway.

Not saying that's a good or a bad thing, but I'd fairly confidently predict Maloghurst here is going to be resin.

Does the stylistic change presage anything for the future? Is the new series indicative of anything? Together with the new '30' code for HH figures, there are lots of crumbs, but whether they lead to an empty plate or a banquet, who can say?

Yea all the last few characters got the "they have a different design style, will they be plastic?" question. The design has changed quite a bit from the OG slim-limbs and the paintjob is distinctly main studio which all help push the plastic vibe, but I'd be shocked if ends up in plastic.

I’ve given up hope on anything WC saying being either true or accurate. Not from malice, just because they are essentially extremely online redshirts. Hopefully this series keeps up but I fully expect to get canned in the next few months so we can see some still from an animated series you can’t build or paint.

I thought the Word Bearers praetors were great.. Maloghurst looks incredible!

Definitely bodes well for the HH.

I think Mal beats the pants off them. Like, they're good; but Mal's model.... hooo-eeee, damn... got me a case of the vapors.

In all seriousness though, dude looks great. I can't wait for a 360 view so I can see if I can fit him in my Luna Wolves force without breaking theme. As of right now I'll have to clip the skulls on the banner and a little bit of filing the spikey armor, maybe. Armor is much more tame that the old unofficial Mal model, the non-banner guy in the SoH command set. Nowhere near as cthonian/spikey.

Edited by Dark Legionnare

Lovely looking model IMO and can see it looking really nice painted in both the 'Eavy Metal style or the more traiditonal Forge World Heresy style.

I’ve given up hope on anything WC saying being either true or accurate. Not from malice, just because they are essentially extremely online redshirts. Hopefully this series keeps up but I fully expect to get canned in the next few months so we can see some still from an animated series you can’t build or paint.

Heresy is the main GW line that I follow/collect, so I may be wrong here, but it always seems like Warhammer Community is broadly correct in what it puts out about previews, release windows and other similar things? 

I've seen some comments about this news on Facebook to the tune of 'lol this will just die like Road to Thramas lol' but that did exactly as advertised until the whole globally disruptive killer virus thing came along.

To me the issue with Heresy has always been that things haven't been publicly given a timeline, and we all sit around waiting for models and releases to drop without any frame of reference. 

Lovely looking model IMO and can see it looking really nice painted in both the 'Eavy Metal style or the more traiditonal Forge World Heresy style.

Heresy is the main GW line that I follow/collect, so I may be wrong here, but it always seems like Warhammer Community is broadly correct in what it puts out about previews, release windows and other similar things? 

I've seen some comments about this news on Facebook to the tune of 'lol this will just die like Road to Thramas lol' but that did exactly as advertised until the whole globally disruptive killer virus thing came along.

To me the issue with Heresy has always been that things haven't been publicly given a timeline, and we all sit around waiting for models and releases to drop without any frame of reference. 

Probably exponentially exacerbated in everyone's minds by the fact that the Siege of Terra books are already coming out hard and fast while the Tabletop setting is still pre-Imperium-Secundus basically.

Edited by Dark Legionnare

Well Road to Thramas did what it was supposed to do, lead up to the release of book 9, and then stop. I dont know why any facebooker would expect that to go on beyond it.

The issue at the time was that many thought the contents of the articles, which appeared only once a month, were very bare. The bigger issue is that after they stopped....nothing replaced it. But in and of itself it did what it was advertised to do.

It’s definitely not about Road to Thramas, it’s about the WarCom Team essentially being given a list of things to write about from someone else, but then instead of saying ‘hey nothing is coming for a while’ it just goes silent and things get dirty deleted.

Having been in a similar house before I found it was very, very rarely the fault of the marketing team. They get given some information and directions and follow them through - only for someone to come down later on and say "oh, sorry, we meant to tell you something else" or "plans have changed - scrub what you put out before". It's a nightmare.

Then there's the expectation that person x will give person y information consistently enough (and with sufficient detail) to push an article. That's a pain in the backside on a normal day.

It’s definitely not about Road to Thramas, it’s about the WarCom Team essentially being given a list of things to write about from someone else, but then instead of saying ‘hey nothing is coming for a while’ it just goes silent and things get dirty deleted.

WarCom also have a habit of removing post they don't like from public view without letting the poster know they've been placed on mute and have been doing this for many years 

Have FW even filled the post for 30k head yet? 

WarCom also have a habit of removing post they don't like from public view without letting the poster know they've been placed on mute and have been doing this for many years 

Have FW even filled the post for 30k head yet? 

That's standard practice on Facebook - and is typically employed against people that are being abusive, racist or otherwise engaging in disruptive behaviour (i.e. trolling, flame-baiting, etc). This is like complaining that the shop keeper has banned you from coming into his store because you keep knocking over the magazine stand and urinating on the chocolate. It doesn't even have to be Games Workshop that pull the trigger on you given user reports and automated systems.

They were hiring for the position, but there's been no visible update on our end. Generally speaking the company has never announced when someone is filling / vacating a position (beyond the board positions), so it's not entirely unsurprising.

the fact they dont allow comments on any of their social media proves they have no interest in what any of us have to say.

... no? They allow commentary on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter - and engage with consumers where they can. Those are the social media / networking sites that they frequent. Games Workshop does have a presence on LinkedIn as well where they actively allow commentary, however that's another ballpark.

I suspect you're thinking of YouTube and Twitch, which are video / streaming services. With the former, they recognised the futility of open comments and on the latter they allowed open comments from everyone for one stream last year - the first lockdown stream - where the community demonstrated once again that they can't be trusted to acquit themselves sensibly. Between racist slurs, personal insults and off-topic chatter it's no wonder they locked that back down to subscribers only.

So I'm not sure where this "they don't allow comments" thing is coming from - because as far as anyone can see they absolutely do.