State of the Union (Heresy)

Considering that lascanons got sunder, melta tl so you don't miss and whole lot of at guns got boost, vehicles lost ceramite, got mostly 1hp more. How are they usable at all? I mean, your 400+ pts spartan can get blown by 1 melta shot not that hard for example. On the other hand, you will need bunch of those hits to kill land speeder or dreadnought, logic behind that is?

Pretty sure the new 'Reinforced' Vehicle Sub-Type is basically Armoured Ceremite, no?
Nop, reinforced basically means they ignore shaken and when stunned they don't have to make snap shots but still can't move/pivot.

So 1 melta gun or god forbid something bigger with a bit of luck can just end tank, while at same time land speeder laughs at it. Like it's literally easier for lascanon to kill tank than paper thin land speeder.

That 10 man lascanon devastator squad will remove LR, while at the same time won't even kill dreadnought.

Why just not spam devastators with lascanons? They remove vehicles, and remove all those elite 2+ 2w infantry that everyone has, while at the same time are cheap and lascanon is only 10pt upgrade. Kinda seems no brainer to spam. And gone are times that they need to fear arty or pie plates because they are nerfed to the ground.

Hello hello lascanon spam,lol

If you are DG, fear not, have them behind terrain so enemy can't target them if they go first, and you can then move and delete anything.

IW ones will just delete vehicles if anyone is foolish to actually bring any to the game.

IH ones get nice boost to survivability.

Seems 1st turn might get even more important, since you are able to delete even bigger chunks of enemy with your shooting.

Edited by Fallen11

You young whippersnappers, the M4 IV boxnought was the face of heresy dreadnoughts long before Contemptors bothered to get released :biggrin.::tongue.: 

They always had a LOT more character than contemptors for me too, you see one contemptor youve seen them all, too human! But the old stompers with their big flat sarcophagi's had so much more going on, thats character. 

I still have hope that the Boxnought will be released at some point in the future. A discount contemptor at great points per value. Maybe in packs of two like the Armiger Knights to make economies in weapon options (two dreads share in left-right hand pairs: 2 CCW, 2 twin-linked lascannons & 2 twin-linked autocannons, maybe some other options). Wishful thinking I know, but it's a shame that the Boxnought is gone now that Fury of the Ancients is playable.

I wonder how great BA will be with the new Deep Strike rules. Should work fine to drop and charge.

Well day of revelation lets you pick a turn to auto come in, around a no scatter marker.

So bringing your entire deepstrike assault in automatically, no scatter, presumably forcing pins and then easy charges.

Seems like they thought that potential play was strong enough to limit the trait to needing to charge to proc.

Those Deep Strike rules are going to make BA armies using Day of Revelation hit HARD

You young whippersnappers, the M4 IV boxnought was the face of heresy dreadnoughts long before Contemptors bothered to get released :biggrin.::tongue.: 

They always had a LOT more character than contemptors for me too, you see one contemptor youve seen them all, too human! But the old stompers with their big flat sarcophagi's had so much more going on, thats character. 

See, this is why whenever anyone mentions Boxnoughts I think of the old FW kits and not the GW plastic ones!

Those kits were released around the time that the Heresy trading card game & some of the early art books were released IIRC, and matched the style of Dreadnoughts shown in those. They might even have been originally marketed as 'Pre-Heresy Dreadnoughts' in the same way the Phobos / MkIIb was, I can't quite remember.

I'm trying to work out Drop Pod Assault with these Deep Strike rules.

Everything will come in on the same turn but we still have to roll for reserves?

So I can have nothing arrive for turns?

I appreciate we haven't seen the Drop Pod rules themselves but I don't recall seeing multiple Deep Strike Assaults as part of the Drop Pod Assault RoW (or changes to how it works, I literally just remember "everyone" pods and no infiltrators) and this is all getting bloated.

Edited by Hfran Morkai

I'm trying to work out Drop Pod Assault with these Deep Strike rules.

Everything will come in on the same turn but we still have to roll for reserves?

So I can have nothing arrive for turns?

I appreciate we haven't seen the Drop Pod rules themselves but I don't recall seeing multiple Deep Strike Assaults as part of the Drop Pod Assault RoW (or changes to how it works, I literally just remember "everyone" pods and no infiltrators) and this is all getting bloated.

Oh lord...

Turn 1 for all my pods, that seems very powerful (then again I suppose most other armies have most of their stuff on the table, yes I get better deployment but also lose out on heavier kit).

Are Dreadclaws/Kharbydis still Assault Vehicles? Because that's going to hurt.

Those Deep Strike rules are going to make BA armies using Day of Revelation hit HARD

See, this is why whenever anyone mentions Boxnoughts I think of the old FW kits and not the GW plastic ones!

Those kits were released around the time that the Heresy trading card game & some of the early art books were released IIRC, and matched the style of Dreadnoughts shown in those. They might even have been originally marketed as 'Pre-Heresy Dreadnoughts' in the same way the Phobos / MkIIb was, I can't quite remember.

There doesn't seem to be anything stopping normal deep strike from conga lining their men in for the first drop, then basically auto charging from it.

There doesn't seem to be anything stopping normal deep strike from conga lining their men in for the first drop, then basically auto charging from it.

I'm assuming the unit coherency rules won't allow that though?

Presumably the intercept and the closest to furthest model removal will make an extended conga line untenable, as well as opening yourself to more interception by having a larger footprint. Or the current iteration is too strong and they're putting stronger controls in, like the circle deployment of 4th-7th. Or it's staying abusable.

There weren't boxnoughts on the table partly because the Contemptor overshadowed them points-per-model, but mostly because the MKIV boxnought went OOP.

There is the 40k one, but without weapon options, where is the fun?

But we play Heresy, it’s not about points per model but rather the narrative! :wink.:

I’ve seen plenty of people try to source them and heard about Fury of the Ancients dream lists coming to fruition, although again - I think it’s just certain perceptions that play into that.

The decision to remove the Boxnought makes sense and doesn't.

It makes sense because by removing the Boxnought, you shove the Contemptor down people's throat.

I may be in the minority on this one, but the Boxnought never screamed Heresy to me in the way the Contemptor chassis did. I liked the distinction and visual evolution between settings, and the justification for progression too. I can’t genuinely recall facing a Boxnought on the table either, but if something like this doesn’t make the new edition and people have been using them, proxy or count-as would likely be best employed here, and I imagine most would be amenable!

Same.

All of the HH stuff seemed more sleek than their 40k counterparts. The box-naught was a slab with legs compared to the multi jointed and better proportioned Contemptor.

The utilitarian nature fits the 41st millennium better, in any case!

You young whippersnappers, the M4 IV boxnought was the face of heresy dreadnoughts long before Contemptors bothered to get released :biggrin.: :tongue.: 

Each to their own of course: I imagine many of us feel the same in the other direction, whether whippersnapper or not :laugh.:

It looks like drop pod assault no longer gives terminators units deep strike and therefore you can only assign 1 deep striking unit to a drop pod list.

The deepstriking unit can assault, but units embarked in drop pods can only assault if their pod has the assault transport  (presumably dreadclaw, kharybdis)

Have I understood that correctly?

Edited by Varyn

Well, not a fan of the Reactions, and not a fan of the new WL traits that seem more or less just focused on Reactions.  :down:

Really liking the EC and IF consul upgrades, nice and fluffy.  :thumbsup:

But why are Terminator Centurions (of any type)  3 wounds a piece, as opposed to regular Centurions with 2 wounds ?  Meh.  :mellow.:

Charging out of DS ?  Yeah no ...  :down:

And yeah ... Contemptors are now  SIX  wounds per model ...  say good bye to your infantry. Pretty clear what kinda model they wanna sale. :rolleyes:

That language under Characters and Wound Allocation will need an FAQ. RAW it could be interpreted to break how sniper and precisions shots work.

It really can't.

Sniper and Precision Shots give control of wound allocation to the shooting player.

If the shooting player wants those wounds on the character, that's where they go. With look out sir being gone, it actually makes Sniper and Precision Shots better.

Well, not a fan of the Reactions, and not a fan of the new WL traits that seem more or less just focused on Reactions. :down:

Really liking the EC and IF consul upgrades, nice and fluffy. :thumbsup:

But why are Terminator Centurions (of any type) 3 wounds a piece, as opposed to regular Centurions with 2 wounds ? Meh. :mellow.:

Charging out of DS ? Yeah no ... :down:

And yeah ... Contemptors are now SIX wounds per model ... say good bye to your infantry. Pretty clear what kinda model they wanna sale. :rolleyes:

Anything special and in Terminator armour gains a wound, I guess?

Contemptor wound count might be the kind of thing that gets knocked down for the final release.

That language under Characters and Wound Allocation will need an FAQ. RAW it could be interpreted to break how sniper and precisions shots work.

It really can't.

Sniper and Precision Shots give control of wound allocation to the shooting player.

If the shooting player wants those wounds on the character, that's where they go. With look out sir being gone, it actually makes Sniper and Precision Shots better.

Unfortunately, those would fall into the category of "factors that would normally require it to have wounds allocated to it".

But its a beta rule, and very much not the intention, so don't expect that phrasing to survive into the final product.