State of the Union (Heresy)

Last I checked this thread was about horus heresy, not complaining about GW’s painting videos.

They've been posted in the thread 17 times now, over the course of 3 weeks. If that's been allowed, then we're allowed to discuss the content of the videos.

Its such a flawed concept though, the ranges are already deeply entwined to the extent any of that data is going to be off base, especially during this first mega surge in popularity around the new edition, when a lot of people are still going to be leery of resin (I mean, even in our group where literally every member has at least one 2-3000pt fully resin Heresy army under their belts from the pre plastic HH era the Resin prices are... yikes inducing these days) and going to want things NOW, which is why i got 3 mars predators for my birthday and im eyeballing wrecked second hand land raiders to rebuild as Mk2bs on the cheap for example. Maybe they get a plastic version out in time, maybe they dont but i imagine thats true for the swathe of "40k" kits that work fine for both.

I suspect it does explain the larger than anticipated number of kits coming out alongside the starter, after a starter, giant army book, a Kratos, a couple of Rhinos and a bevvy of dice/glue/transfers you are probably running up against most hobbyists upper planned purchase limit and they'll delay that wing of land speeders they were eyeing up :biggrin.:

It's not a terribly flawed concept. As a company, they need to at least have some rough metric of where their money is coming from.

Of course there will be a spike at the beginning, but sales should stabilize and they can make certain conclusions based on that. Even the spike at the beginning, they can get some metric on what a new release may sell at.

If only each product had some sort of... i  dunno... code? On the box? That lets them track how many of that box sold? The flaw is trying to differentiate between the two systems when the models are so completely interchangeable and significant, if not the majority of purchases go to people who legit dont care about the rules in any meaningful sense.

Last I checked this thread was about horus heresy, not complaining about GW’s painting videos.

If it makes you happier, there's only one more to go, so all you have to do is wait it out another day.

If it makes you happier, there's only one more to go, so all you have to do is wait it out another day.

inb4 we get thousands of painting tutorials for all the forge worlds and auxilia cohorts when they are released

Has anyone seen the 2.0 ally rules and/or grid?

Regarding the Dark Angels, Iron Hands, and Raven Guard all in black. I preferred when the Dark Angels had more of a lacquered black, the Iron Hands were oily black, and the Raven Guard were matte black. 

Regarding the Dark Angels, Iron Hands, and Raven Guard all in black. I preferred when the Dark Angels had more of a lacquered black, the Iron Hands were oily black, and the Raven Guard were matte black. 

I wouldn't mind seeing it myself.  I am also hoping that there will be something for those who want to run traitor loyalists alongside traditional traitors, or vice versa.  My DG are loyalists, it would be great if I could run a small unit alongside my new Loyalist legion.  But, seriously doubtful - I'm not that lucky.

New Kratos tank looks pretty cool and mean....I guess perhaps maybe worth the price.  Plenty of flat room for good hazard stripes.  I'm curious to see how Tanks fare vs the new Dreadnoughts with more infantry-like stats.  From a lore-perspective this makes sense for Dreadnoughts.  Just not positive they'll be more or less or equally durable as they were in 'vehicle' form.

Let me ask you this - how durable do you think, Mechanicum Automata like the Domitar/Castellax or the Thanatar are/was in that regard? Pretty damn durable and that with less wounds! =]

Edit: Meltabombs are much better at dealing with "monstrous creatures" now, which makes them more or less the same against Dreadnoughts, as they are now. Just that they are much more rare now, since assault squads cannot wield them anymore.

Plasmaweapons however - much better at dealing with Dreads/ high toughness "monstrous creatures", thanks to rending (4+).

Melta bombs are worse now- mostly because their targets have higher WS and most units that take them cap out at 10. So while they'll work well against robots, they're not that as good against dreadnoughts anymore. They still work, mind you, but its gonna be a drawn out affair.

Its in the leaks, looks unchanged from 1.0

Edited by Brofist

Pretty sure Heresy Thursday will be continuing tomorrow right? Based off the Mk VI sprues being stamped with 2021 on them, they've probably built a bit of a backlog of releases.

Resin:

Character series (Corswain, Exodus)

Legion upgrades

Legion Praetors (Got a lot of these still to go, who will be next)

Other:

Liber

However they plan to expand or add content for a mainline game

Plenty of stuff there before getting back to the next kits to be plastic-ed

What legion praetors will be next... :pinch:

My bet is the leviathan (or maybe contemptor upgrades) but what makes you think we could be getting blood angels upgrades?

I believe Corswain is the only unique character in the liber leaks that doesnt have a model so i guess it could be him too.

Edited by JDizzle

My guesses are tomorrow will be one of the following:

plastic Leviathan, full reveal of the plastic “relic” Contemptor, or Blood Angels “Mk VI” heads and shoulder pads.

I just recieved my order of Blood Angels helmets from FW so seems like just the right time to announce a MKVI version.:)

I really doubt it'll be a Levi this or the next few Thursdays. Mainly because there is a boatload of plastic going up for preorder soon and I think they'll hold off on any big announcements for a "but wait, there will be more to come". I'm betting resin character/praetor, liber reveal possible too.

I really doubt it'll be a Levi this or the next few Thursdays. Mainly because there is a boatload of plastic going up for preorder soon and I think they'll hold off on any big announcements for a "but wait, there will be more to come". I'm betting resin character/praetor, liber reveal possible too.

Yeah I think character(s) or smaller upgrade sets are more likely for now. Stuff like the Lucius and Sedras models that they can preview but don't have to tie into the man release schedule. 

New Kratos tank looks pretty cool and mean....I guess perhaps maybe worth the price.  Plenty of flat room for good hazard stripes.  I'm curious to see how Tanks fare vs the new Dreadnoughts with more infantry-like stats.  From a lore-perspective this makes sense for Dreadnoughts.  Just not positive they'll be more or less or equally durable as they were in 'vehicle' form.

Let me ask you this - how durable do you think, Mechanicum Automata like the Domitar/Castellax or the Thanatar are/was in that regard? Pretty damn durable and that with less wounds! =]

Edit: Meltabombs are much better at dealing with "monstrous creatures" now, which makes them more or less the same against Dreadnoughts, as they are now. Just that they are much more rare now, since assault squads cannot wield them anymore.

Plasmaweapons however - much better at dealing with Dreads/ high toughness "monstrous creatures", thanks to rending (4+).

Melta bombs are worse now- mostly because their targets have higher WS and most units that take them cap out at 10. So while they'll work well against robots, they're not that as good against dreadnoughts anymore. They still work, mind you, but its gonna be a drawn out affair.

Its in the leaks, looks unchanged from 1.0

Worse?

It depends entirely on the unit. In the WORST case, they hit on 5s, but reroll their woundrolls (3s/4s in most casses +reroll), thanks to armorbane, dealing instant death ( i think thats w3 wounds on cybots?) and dreads get a max. of 5++ against it.

Didn't mathhammer it, but i don't see, whats exactly worse.

If the unit has the same WS, or better - much better.

If the unit has worse WS, i would say, its the same as before, if not better.

Edited by MichaelCarmine