State of the Union (Heresy)

48 minutes ago, SkimaskMohawk said:

Well...that's almost correct. You have to exchange a power weapon for the special night lords gear, so that's 20 points for a glaive or blade, and 25 for an axe. 10 for the lightning claw and 15 for the power fist. 

Well that makes it an easier pick. Shame, for the same points they'd be perfect sidegrades that lean into different play styles, but with a power weapon tax they're actually worse.

Well, work with me on that. Why would you spend those points on a guy to attach to a scout / recon squad. For the melee weapons? You're probably not using scouts / recons for that. Shooting? Vigilator or heavy weapon guy does it better. Standing around? ... then why did you spend the points then? He really doesn't offer much right now. But he should! The concept is super sick!

There isn't a way to have a squad armed with Disintegration combi-weapons in a squad, is there? There are some cool ones by Pop goes the Monkey and I'm tempted to make a squad. I guess I could counts as them for melta or something.

I sadly still lack the Liber books.

16 minutes ago, JeffJedi said:

There isn't a way to have a squad armed with Disintegration combi-weapons in a squad, is there? There are some cool ones by Pop goes the Monkey and I'm tempted to make a squad. I guess I could counts as them for melta or something.

I sadly still lack the Liber books.

Could you show us these cool disintigration combi weapons?

23 hours ago, Stitch5000 said:

The Glaive... Volkites aren't famously good at armour penetration, so it being 2 steps higher than any other weapon of its type is pretty good.... 

Also, can you imagine how bad it would be if high ticket Stormbirds and Thunderhawks were actually GOOD? People would complain that it was "pay to win". 

Until that 2+ sargent just tanks your while volley xD, since now positioning actually matters not. But that's not the worst offender, problem is, you stand behind small wall for example, and glaive can't hit you :)
Basically the moment it clips terrain, beam stops. So yeah, that sandbag just gave you invunerability VS best and strongest volkite weapon, yet for some reason, all those smaller versions can still hit you and kill you xD
Also, considering that it stops also on dreadnought, any vehicle etc. while not doing much to them even more nerfs it. 

So you have to constantly manuever it, to actually do anything, while at the same time doing worse job at it than other alternatives like falchion or fellblade that can happily stay in place and do more dmg, while being cheaper. It makes no sense. If enemy spreads a bit, you will be hitting like 2 guys in squad with your beam, and maybe 2 squads if you are lucky and enemy allows you for some reason. Only for them hits to be tanked on 2+ prolly.

Here we go!! 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/07/01/warhammer-the-horus-heresy-classic-units-rejoin-the-age-of-darkness-with-these-free-rules-downloads/?utm_source=instagram&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=the-horus-heresy&utm_content=hharticle010722 

EDIT - ninja’d by a minute! 

First quick skin through and…Indomitus Terminators as non-compulsory troops with access to storm shields, assault cannons?! 

Edited by Astartes Consul

11 minutes ago, Astartes Consul said:

Here we go!! 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/07/01/warhammer-the-horus-heresy-classic-units-rejoin-the-age-of-darkness-with-these-free-rules-downloads/?utm_source=instagram&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=the-horus-heresy&utm_content=hharticle010722 

EDIT - ninja’d by a minute! 

First quick skin through and…Indomitus Terminators as non-compulsory troops with access to storm shields, assault cannons?! 

Atleast you wrote somethig with it! :biggrin:

Don't have time to look at right now, but great to get the OOP/oddball stuff back. First thoughts - Indomitus termis yay. the Hammerfall Bunker? Huh, I guess it's not explicitly Primaris, though it is laden with aquilas! And the updated Exemplary battles! Woo!

Edited by Arkhanist

Jeeze the Warmonger is still fantastic with deepstrike for him and the lads. Doesn't even matter that he lost the gear. 

Box dreads having invul but ID doing 3 wounds is cool.

Attack bike being 1 wound is...weird. 

Indomitus are troops with support!?! And have thss /assault cannon options?!?

Sadly the artillery is real expensive, and the whirlwind is real bad for being cheap.

Caestus is a chonk.

9 minutes ago, Darkwrath121 said:

750pt+ baneblade-type vehicles. Really?

This particularly sucks, i was quite set on getting a Legion Shadowsword for my Sons but it cant be taken in 3k which would already be pushing my upper tolerance for the system

Yiiiiikes did atrementar get screwed.

Went from WS 5>4, lost the ability to score or fill the compulsory slot, and need to charge an already engaged unit to get cloaked from murder. 

Them having native deepstrike, but without bloody murder or night vision makes you want to take them far more in a curze list than sevatar one as well.

Too bad. I honestly just wanted an excuse to do a double lightning claw terminator unit, but I wanted WS5 to get the best value out of it.

1 hour ago, Darkwrath121 said:

Uh. Brutal 2, AP2 Fulmentarus.

New Locutarus too look... A lot.

It's like both units were tailor picked to fill gaps in the Ultramarines weaknesses.  Especially the Logos RoW.

Though I do find it funny that the Locutarus all have Duelists Edge and the only guy who can make use of it is the Sergeant.

1 hour ago, Cruor Vault said:

It's like both units were tailor picked to fill gaps in the Ultramarines weaknesses.  Especially the Logos RoW.

Though I do find it funny that the Locutarus all have Duelists Edge and the only guy who can make use of it is the Sergeant.

Locutarus have Chosen Warrior; they can all challenge.