State of the Union (Heresy)

Checking out the info on Heta-Gladius on Lexicanum, I find it interesting that Maloghurst seems to play a significant role in the background to the conflict (alongside Horus Aximand), which is curious considering Mal got a mini after all these years seemingly out of the blue - while it could be passed off as coinciding with the release of the SoH Praetor, a bunch of Legions which have their Praetors are still missing special character models. Also creates the possibility that if the Heta-Gladius book is legit, we could be getting a profile for Horus Aximand in there - and it would further cement the idea that there's Shadow Crusade content coming given we've suddenly gotten models for Remus Ventanus and Argel Tal.

It's also John French's work (Slaves to Darkness), and French is of course a heresy lumniary in both sides of the BL/fw fence.

But more so, Andy Hoare has credited John with games idea that turned up in Necromunda (especially the Law and Misrule campaign). They are close, so it just feels right :)

Also we've also seen the Exemplary Battles taking BL as their source.

Overall, a good thing to get that synergy.

Edited by Petitioner's City

As always, I don't believe anything is real until GW reveals it but..... I am starting to think of how I would build my box.

I've never done tac squads in blobs of 20 before and for some reason that seems appealing (until I'm actually painting them :)). And somewhat fluffy if I do Alpha Legion - the sprawling mass of the Legion that could possibly be larger than the Ultramarines.

Spartan would go to my Iron Warriors though. Whole bunch of Tyrants are gonna pop out of that thing.

Edited by Corswain

Checking out the info on Heta-Gladius on Lexicanum, I find it interesting that Maloghurst seems to play a significant role in the background to the conflict (alongside Horus Aximand), which is curious considering Mal got a mini after all these years seemingly out of the blue - while it could be passed off as coinciding with the release of the SoH Praetor, a bunch of Legions which have their Praetors are still missing special character models. Also creates the possibility that if the Heta-Gladius book is legit, we could be getting a profile for Horus Aximand in there - and it would further cement the idea that there's Shadow Crusade content coming given we've suddenly gotten models for Remus Ventanus and Argel Tal.

It's also John French's work (Slaves to Darkness), and French is of course a heresy lumniary in both sides of the BL/fw fence.

But more so, Andy Hoare has credited John with games idea that turned up in Necromunda (especially the Law and Misrule campaign). They are close, so it just feels right :)

Also we've also seen the Exemplary Battles taking BL as their source.

Overall, a good thing to get that synergy.

John French was also very close with Alan Bligh and the two of them and ADB wrote lots of stuff for Dark Heresy. I get the impression that John French is just a well liked guy with lots of great ideas.

And at this point, given the number of awesome things that have come out for necromunda, AT, and more recently the small stuff for Heresy, I’d say Andy Hoare has a pretty deft hand as well.

John French was also very close with Alan Bligh and the two of them and ADB wrote lots of stuff for Dark Heresy. I get the impression that John French is just a well liked guy with lots of great ideas.

And at this point, given the number of awesome things that have come out for necromunda, AT, and more recently the small stuff for Heresy, I’d say Andy Hoare has a pretty deft hand as well.

Absolutely!

John's obituary for Alan is beautiful and very sad. John and Alan's work on Necromunda's second edition was also great, I loved the campaign John ran with Alan's divergent cawdor modelled with Mordheim and Necromunda minis. Amazing collaborators.

To add; Neil Wylie was also quite close to Alan, and worked with Alan and John on some of the earlier black books. With Andy seemingly taking the helm and Neil almost certainly working alongside him on future books, I have to hope that John joins in as well.

As much as I loved Alan's work, he very much needed his colleagues to reign in his worst excesses.

Good points Joe! Neil Wyllie is strangely effaced from a lot of considerations of Imperial Armour and Heresy - alongside Talima Fox, I think. It's strange because Fox was so central to the marketing for IA11 in a way that paralleled Betrayal and Alan in it.

https://youtu.be/KKCj38E8G-I

https://youtu.be/6S0ZaG9xEIA

Do any of you know what Fox went on to do? Or is she still at GW?

They would be identical. They just allow for a (slightly) cheaper option than the hardbacks.

Wish some of the hardbacks would get a second release though, there are a few I'd like to pick up.

Looks like bolter with overslung melta like the ones in the 40k Sternguard kit. But I need him, as long as his scale isn't stupidly big like the IF praetor, and I'm sure I can find a use for him.

Well, bad news for you on that front. Assuming the rumours of Imperial Fists versus Sons of Horus are the start of a rescaled range, then I think this size is what we can look forward to in the future. I've run up a mock-up on Death of a Rubricist to compare the new Sons of Horus Praetor with the Imperial Fist, and also the Word Bearers and Ultramarines Terminators.

Terminator%2Bsize.jpg

AGHGH, why is there such a stupid scale difference between the same armour types....

My guess is that it's a general re-scaling incoming. Given the rumours have a pile of Cataphractii sprues in the 'super-exclusive launch box', I wonder if that's a sign GW are using the opportunity to dump a load of old stock by bundling it with the new exciting Mark VI... but that's a guess.

It could equally well simply be that these characters are using the Character Series scale, and line infantry Terminators will remain the old size. Whatever the case, I find it interesting that the Sons of Horus and Imperial Fists models are rescaled, while the others are not.

AGHGH, why is there such a stupid scale difference between the same armour types....

My guess is that it's a general re-scaling incoming. Given the rumours have a pile of Cataphractii sprues in the 'super-exclusive launch box', I wonder if that's a sign GW are using the opportunity to dump a load of old stock by bundling it with the new exciting Mark VI... but that's a guess.

It could equally well simply be that these characters are using the Character Series scale, and line infantry Terminators will remain the old size. Whatever the case, I find it interesting that the Sons of Horus and Imperial Fists models are rescaled, while the others are not.

Yeah, it's very strange if there is a scale change as all the other releases have so far been roughtly inline (base rocks not withstanding) but then the IF Termie Praetor blew that out of the water by being near Primarch sized (something I assumed was the 3d printed masters being printed too big and not noticed). But yeah, it's all rather strange and quite arbitrary and the usually silence from GW is just beyond the joke at this point.

Got a bit of info from a solid source that I know.

The Spartan while plastic is not included in the box, the picture going round is of an expanded battle scene.

The contents are pretty much identical to calth in that 30 power armour, two hqs,5 termies and a contemptor. The rumoured price is of a webstore bundle where you get the Spartan and other extra models.

Toodles

The Spartan while plastic is not included in the box, the picture going round is of an expanded battle scene.

The contents are pretty much identical to calth in that 30 power armour, two hqs,5 termies and a contemptor. The rumoured price is of a webstore bundle where you get the Spartan and other extra models.

Toodles

Thanks for sharing.

I wouldn't survive another scale discussion.

Toodles

Sounds reasonable.

Any hints on what those other extra models are?

Toodles

This makes sense. You have a starter set that GW can maintain while offering a potential discount at launch through these bundles to draw in new and existing players.

Sounds reasonable.

Any hints on what those other extra models are?

Extra bundle models would be the Spartan, extra unit of termies and beakies. The extra models wouldn't be discounted as per my understanding and would be like the usual gw big bundle release when items come out.