State of the Union (Heresy)

Posted in the N&R thread but I'm wondering if the prices were in Euros if this was from a German source, if so then the box would be 180 GBP by GW conversions.

Nope, I'm dumb I posted here.

This is what happens when you are speaking and typing via 4 different platforms about the same thing

Edited by No Foes Remain

Its also a huuuuge assumption that its been translated from German

Nah it's not and I already explained why (Seiten-> sites) and why that kills the rumor.

But anyhow.

I will build me a nice unit of Knight Errants with this 10 man box. ;)

Edited by Gorgoff

The "both characters are not the same from the launch box" bit is odd. Does that mean there will be four different HQ models released in various configurations? Seems unlikely.

The "both characters are not the same from the launch box" bit is odd. Does that mean there will be four different HQ models released in various configurations? Seems unlikely.

Could be the original pair of plastic characters from Betrayal at Calth, especially if the rumors are saying they're bringing back the monopose contemptor

Honestly that's the one thing that makes these rumors seem fishy to me. Why create a brand-new plastic contemtptor kit to only put it in the launch box and saddle all the other boxes with the old, terrible monopose one?

Could be the original pair of plastic characters from Betrayal at Calth, especially if the rumors are saying they're bringing back the monopose contemptor

Honestly that's the one thing that makes these rumors seem fishy to me. Why create a brand-new plastic contemtptor kit to only put it in the launch box and saddle all the other boxes with the old, terrible monopose one?

To get rid of all the back stock and replace it with the new one, removing the old one from the store and shoving it in the starter boxes.

See, I'm wondering it (since it was translated from German) if the 240 is Euros and not Pounds. If so then by GW numbers 240 Euros would be 180 GBP, which would be better to swallow but GW have been ballsy with their prices lately.

Price wise it’d make more sense and would be a lot more palatable if it was in euros and I could see myself still buying it. If it’s In pounds they’ve finally gone too far as far as I’m concerned

See, I'm wondering it (since it was translated from German) if the 240 is Euros and not Pounds. If so then by GW numbers 240 Euros would be 180 GBP, which would be better to swallow but GW have been ballsy with their prices lately.

Price wise it’d make more sense and would be a lot more palatable if it was in euros and I could see myself still buying it. If it’s In pounds they’ve finally gone too far as far as I’m concerned

Well having a re-think aren't the price leaks usually in USD? So it could be 240 USD?

I'm with Gorgoff on this one, everything here smells a wee bit funny to be honest.

The best 'typo' though, in the entire article, has to be the  'lunch box'  ... I almost spilled my breakfast and my coffee reading that.

The characters are indeed rumoured to be ones from BaC.

And yes, I'm back baby :teehee:

240 GBP will be somewhere around the 450-500 Dollaridoos mark...so not going to be getting new peeps in and I feel only the 'whale' end of the spectrum for veteran 30kers.

My biggest fear with them 'mainstreaming' heresy is they are going to murder all the 'grey area' armies and say good by to all the wargear options you have, if there isn't a kit, good luck with the rules.

I for one fear deeply for milita and cults! 

Well, IF there is indeed a friggin' plastic Spartan in the box, I'll grab three of them and store them in my cellar for a few years (Did that with the original 'Renegade Knights' set).

These things will sell faster than O.G. polish hot dogs with a free ham sandwich on top.

But yeah, ... we'll see ... :teehee:

When it came to rumors or leaks this site was very, very accurate. They were pretty much the go to site before Warhammer Community started.

He did not only just copy and paste. Read the last paragraph.

'A few words

I share because It confirms a few infos I had myself.

Still Medium and large set had a smaller head counts in the info i had but the rest seem correct.'

Personally I think that the rumoured contents of the boxes are perfect. They are exactly what id want from starter sets model wise. Id be a bit gutted with a softback rulebook in the more expensive boxes but other than that they're pretty good. Following the price points of the current 40k and Aos starter sets at £105 £65 and £32.50 would make more sense and be more believable. Sadly we just have to wait and see now.

I wonder if the SoH Praetor is in Terminator armour and thats why we only got a new resin power armoured one? They just brought the release forward due to them sending out the wrong model a few times.

Maybe they talk about the new terrible monopose Contemptor we saw at the potato picture?

You know the one who looks like it is taking a dump.

Maybe they talk about the new terrible monopose Contemptor we saw at the potato picture?

After making so many good legion specific contemptor's I don't understand how they can mess the generic one up TWICE!

I think the old Contemptor and characters will be used to dump excess stock+ keep the price a bit lower of the new starters. Old contemptor will move to exclusively the HH starters and retire from stand alone, the new one will replace it as the stand alone + price increase on the separate new one. New characters will be locked behind the bling box awhile, then release separately like the Indomnitus characters. Thats how I would do it IMO

Are you and I looking at the same picture? The new contemptor looks miles better than the old one...and it's a bit of a stretch to say it's monopose from one static picture, we just don't know.

Are you and I looking at the same picture? The new contemptor looks miles better than the old one....

Yes, it looks better than the old one.

Who knows that this is possible. :wink:

Fun aside I like him, but he looks a little dumpy to me.

and it's a bit of a stretch to say it's monopose from one static picture, we just don't know

Ah you mean, like, stating that there is a new edition with a huge boxset on the horizon based on one picture:whistling:

Edited by Gorgoff

Checking out the info on Heta-Gladius on Lexicanum, I find it interesting that Maloghurst seems to play a significant role in the background to the conflict (alongside Horus Aximand), which is curious considering Mal got a mini after all these years seemingly out of the blue - while it could be passed off as coinciding with the release of the SoH Praetor, a bunch of Legions which have their Praetors are still missing special character models. Also creates the possibility that if the Heta-Gladius book is legit, we could be getting a profile for Horus Aximand in there - and it would further cement the idea that there's Shadow Crusade content coming given we've suddenly gotten models for Remus Ventanus and Argel Tal.