Ork Updates & New Models - 9th Edition Discussion

Triszin

Well if he's an image on the reveal of Warhammer+ then I hope he's not linked to Warhammer+... cause I'd never get him then if that's the case ... :ermm:

Mithril 

++EDIT++ 

That is unless your just talking the standard rumour engine pic :sweat: ... if that's the case then...yay... OK i went and looked, thats def a beast Snagga, look at that white chipped armour and glorious hair squig...:wub:

Edited by mithrilforge

For the love of Gork and Mork, please GW have a release date in todays ere we go article.

And please dont let it be "just" be a reveal of the white squig + rider.

With dominion not yet dropped I don't think they will. We've been given a pre order month for the box, everything else will be "later in the year". Brace yourself for a drawn out, heavily spaced release. I'm expecting the AI Eldar/ marine box to be up before snagga box.

For the love of Gork and Mork, please GW have a release date in todays ere we go article.

And please dont let it be "just" be a reveal of the white squig + rider.

With dominion not yet dropped I don't think they will. We've been given a pre order month for the box, everything else will be "later in the year". Brace yourself for a drawn out, heavily spaced release. I'm expecting the AI Eldar/ marine box to be up before snagga box.

A Warboss can dream.

AI Eldar/ marine box?

Edited by Azaiel

What do you think of the Wurrboy?

I like the model, so if I get one -I’ve just finished two weirdboys so I’m in no hurry - I would add a lot to it to make it more Snakebite.

Looking at his arms it would be easy to have him being dragged forward by minders, and also I think it would be easy to convert one into a Mekboy.

I’ve seen people commenting that he doesn’t look like the beastsnagas and I think that’s deliberate. We know there are non-snaga models coming too (mega armoured warboss for one).

I like the body of the Wurrboy. I find the accouterments pretty poor. Would have liked more weirdness, and less stuff that seems more at home on a Mek than a psyker.

That's actually the reason I like him so much...it's just so quintessentially ork!

I've been custom building a guy who was going to be a wierd boy and may now just be a wurrboy. Going fairly techy on him because I like the idea that orks saw Librarians smiting people and thus starting sticking wires into weird boy brains thinking that would give them more mental dakka. So the new model really fits with my idea for them.

Getting T5 and S5 on boys just brings us up to about the same place we were in 8th. 

I think there is much more to come which will bolt onto this and make orks more competitive and resilient. 

A hoard combat army is a huge cost to buy and paint and then wading in with 100 attacks and getting minimal results due to -1T, or -1S or 3/4+ svs) is going to feel pretty samey to me and looking at the other codex they all got a serious overhaul and massive boosts. 

Im looking for multiple layers of rules, more defensive strats, Baked in abilities for buggies so i dont start each game on 6-7 CP. Better psychic. 

Im looking forward to the new units but its another huge cost to buy multiple boxes to max out units and have efficiency on strats and CPs.

If all we get is +1 T and +1 S i will be very salty. 

First and foremost every other new codex has been brilliant in the way that everything has been useable.

Add in the fact we get a range refresh plus snaggas I don't think we have anything to worry about.

As things stand horde, buggy horde, dread mob, grot army are frankly all viable playstyles. If you're wanting hyper competitive then that's your call but currently I can play what I want and have fun. Providing that's the case then I honestly don't really mind.

I'd just like to know what's coming and the crusade rules as they are so much fun!

So I reckon the new Beast Snagga boyz will be a troop choice (and it will be nice to have another choice in the slot). But what do you think the +1S and special rules will cost per boy? 2pts? 5pts?

I’m trying to get a feel for what I’ll be able to include in the Crusade Waaagh I’m planning.

New article up:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/07/07/5-ways-the-beast-snaggas-prove-squigs-arent-just-for-biting-people/

The alternative build for the painboss-dok look better. And the rumour engine earlier was 100% Beastsnagga warboss.

GW still shifty about the date for the Beast snagga box, my wager is 31 july for pre-order.

New article up:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/07/07/5-ways-the-beast-snaggas-prove-squigs-arent-just-for-biting-people/

The alternative build for the painboss-dok look better. And the rumour engine earlier was 100% Beastsnagga warboss.

GW still shifty about the date for the Beast snagga box, my wager is 31 july for pre-order.

I'm wondering the same. At this stage I wish they'd just give us the date. We've had articles now across 3 months. The tease is getting tiresome.

The fact we've been shown some more rules today gives optimism that it may be sooner but who knows?!

I thought based on last article that today's would show the first wave completely. As it hasn't then I assume that'll be Saturday plus a peek at wave 2 if lucky.