New minis inbound

This game keeps tempting me. Necrons, Tau, Eldar, Thunderhawk.

If only I could persuade some others at the local club, but when I asked a while back AT got some mild interest and AI much much less, so trying AT first. Maybe one will lead to the other.

I'm not one to tell you how to spend your money, but the monetary investment into AI is really low. Maybe if you got a starter and used that to wrangler some of your club mates in that could spark interest

This game keeps tempting me. Necrons, Tau, Eldar, Thunderhawk.

If only I could persuade some others at the local club, but when I asked a while back AT got some mild interest and AI much much less, so trying AT first. Maybe one will lead to the other.

I'm not one to tell you how to spend your money, but the monetary investment into AI is really low. Maybe if you got a starter and used that to wrangler some of your club mates in that could spark interest

Ironically since that post in November, and partially on account of the AT starter box being out of stock for over half a year, I have actually bought into IA.  Got a box of Skies of Fire and a box of Wrath of Angel is on order with my local store.

Edited by Trokair

Thanks for posting the pics Master C !,

Kinda weird though points wise… a 100 pt game is not happening with necrons… bare minimum is 79pts … might have to push it out to 105pt games … just to fit 3 basic croissants in , and that’s before cheese and tomato!!

They look hard as nails though !

Mithril

I just did a dry run order on a set of each… $158.00 Aus for 4 tiny resin planes… erk, to think I could get the skies of fire or wrath of angels boxset for less than this is a bit annoying…. I might hold off on my order for now…

Mithril

Hail!

Yeah - those wee planes do run up, moneywise. I had two in the cart…but decided to hold off, until I at the very least have painted the remaining AI stuff that I do have.

I will probably take the plunge on all of them, once the new Eldar planes come in hot. Then I will finish off the Eldar collection with a pair of Vampires (one of each), the Eldar Ground Assets, and one of each Necron box. I might get a extra box of the Necron fighter thing - a game with dogfighting should have planes suited for dogfighting…ie fighters.

Now - do you think the Necrons will get a set of Ground Assets as well?

Faithfully,
Master Ciaphas

Good ideas on finishing painting what you have and waiting and getting Eldar planes till later Master C ,

To be honest you could make necron ground assets from sprue :-D … obelisk shaped turrets or rectangular power towers..pyramid shaped facilities, the only iffy one would be a necron pylon weapon ..?!?.. still not a hard one though ..

Mithril

Everybody else has gotten ground assets, so I am expecting Necrons to have some. Might also help out with rounding out their lists, as the high cost of their fliers fit awkwardly into 100 and 150 point games from what I can see.

I have some spare Pariah Nexus terrain; the little things could probably work well for some sort of ground based structures (apart from the doors obviously).

On the Necron ground assets, I guess a good steer would be if they're included in the Companion or not (obviously that doesn't stop them from releasing them separately with the rules in the pack like all of the other Forgeworld releases)..?

• 4 weeks later...

Annoying, the WarCom article calls out both as "a pack of two Vampire XXXX" but the Forgeworld webstore says the packs are of one.

Asking on their Webchat to confirm.

Update, Webchat Transcript:

You: Hi, the Warhammer Community article that went up today says that the Vampire Raiders and Hunters are "Packs of Two" but the webstore listings seem to imply there's ONE to a pack. Which is correct please? 

Daniel: joined the chat

Daniel: Hi there! Thanks for getting in touch today.

Daniel: Give me just a moment to double check that.

You: ok

Daniel: My apologies for the confusion there! These are single models.

You: you might want to mention that to whoever puts the articles up on the community site then

Daniel: I'll ask for that to be corrected now - thanks for letting us know!

Not great news but also not unexpected.

Rik

Edited by Rik Lightstar

Umm... Is it ok if i get a full size hemlock fighter and proxy that as the vampire?... cause for me the models are about the same cost !! :huh.: .... :laugh.:

I don't think ill be getting a Vampire for my forces... :dry.: 

Maybe if it was for two...but not for one small resin plane... 

Mithril 

Hail

I like the models; for a European the price is not toooo atrocious. Yes, it is expensive, but it is also a rather large model. So it is only 45% unreasonable :-) When my mates and I get a combined shipping, we are also of free postage, so...

Now, the choice is then, which variant would complement the Eldar planes from Wrath of Angels best? The Raider or the Hunter? I think it might be the Raider, as that has transport capacity?

Cheers!

Master Ciaphas

Hail

I like the models; for a European the price is not toooo atrocious. Yes, it is expensive, but it is also a rather large model. So it is only 45% unreasonable :-) When my mates and I get a combined shipping, we are also of free postage, so...

Now, the choice is then, which variant would complement the Eldar planes from Wrath of Angels best? The Raider or the Hunter? I think it might be the Raider, as that has transport capacity?

Cheers!

Master Ciaphas

Hail Master C,

If I were to choose one... I guess it would be the transport variant ...   When you get one please paint it up ASAP :wink.:

Cheers, Mithril

Second the vote for the transport - the Eldar already have bombers, so the greatest benefit is the transport as they don't have any other options for them (unless you're never going to be playing as the attacker in any of the landing missions, obviously :smile.:).

Obviously, rule of cool takes precedence over others, so if there's one you prefer the look of ... :D

Edited by Firedrake Cordova

This arrived in the post today, and it is big! Well comparatively. The fact that the main body is all one piece was a surprise, I expected the wings to be separate bits just like with the Necron croissants.

gallery_29932_13153_78655.jpg

Plastic plain for size comparison, and I don’t feel like the picture truly dose it justice either.

Edited by Trokair