Tau Wishing listing for 9th, why not?

I'm taking the plunge.

When the Stormrsurge first came out, i bought one just because i thought it was a great model, and then recently I've managed to nab the Start Collecting set at a decent price.

With that in mind, what should I be looking to add to make a small playable force, based on what we know from the new book?

I only play casual with friends so not looking to go too mad in terms of meta builds etc.

Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure taking something as huge as the Stormsurge in small point matches would still be considered casual tbh. It's our Imperial Knight equivalent. If you want to use it I'd consider building up to at least a 1500p army.

Other than that, more Strike Teams, Pathfinder and Stealth Suits are always a good option as long as you have your anti-tank needs already covered.

@Progenitor - thanks, I do like the Ghostkeel so thats a good shout

I'm taking the plunge.

When the Stormrsurge first came out, i bought one just because i thought it was a great model, and then recently I've managed to nab the Start Collecting set at a decent price.

With that in mind, what should I be looking to add to make a small playable force, based on what we know from the new book?

I only play casual with friends so not looking to go too mad in terms of meta builds etc.

Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure taking something as huge as the Stormsurge in small point matches would still be considered casual tbh. It's our Imperial Knight equivalent. If you want to use it I'd consider building up to at least a 1500p army.

Other than that, more Strike Teams, Pathfinder and Stealth Suits are always a good option as long as you have your anti-tank needs already covered.

Thanks - yes the Stormsurge is more of a display thing to be honest, but it would be nice to use occasionally :)

Not sure on Anti-tank, need to do my homework.

I'm taking the plunge.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks - yes the Stormsurge is more of a display thing to be honest, but it would be nice to use occasionally :)

If you don't like the little open air cockpit at the top (I didn't) there's a great STL I printed off to close that up over a year ago; if you (or somebody you know) has a printer!

I'm taking the plunge.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks - yes the Stormsurge is more of a display thing to be honest, but it would be nice to use occasionally :smile.:

If you don't like the little open air cockpit at the top (I didn't) there's a great STL I printed off to close that up over a year ago; if you (or somebody you know) has a printer!

There is a plate that is on Shapeways as well if you don't have access to a printer yourself. It's part of the Stormwave set.

I don't remember seeing all that much interesting for Farsight Enclaves from what I've read from what has been published online.

I guess that means later there has to be a supplement of some kind? I was hoping they would've included that content in the base codex. It's nice to have extra stuff, but I prefer not having to carry a separate campaign book or however that gets handled.

Sadly yea, they are getting the DLC treatment because they are popular no matter what since their leader is the only guy in the empire who decided to pick up a sword and use on enemies and not themselves.

Sad but not entirely unexpected.

As for the Stormsurge, the rather cool Stormwave conversion kit parts can be really good for making the thing look less derpy. The big one to me is the cockpit covering as to prevent one frag grenade being lobbed in there and ending the crews day (not a gameplay thing. Just a personal thing I hate...I hate models without helmets on when they have the option for them in lore/game. The Phobos reiver lieutenant is a big offender. Has his helmet on his WAIST while charging...)

I wonder how soon we might see a farsight supp

Did they feature any rules in the articles? They completely skipped them over from what I've seen.

I'm hoping tonight we might see something.

I'm updating my wishlist now:

* Farsight supplement, as the rules in the codex aren't sufficient

* Farsight transfers

* Khorne red spray :smile.: 

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

I'm taking the plunge.

Thanks in advance!

You could pick up some Kroot Carnivores, it's a pretty inexpensive kit and you get a lot of models. It does kinda pigeonhole you into the Dal'Yth sept if you want to get the most out of them this edition, but if you're just playing casual they'll work fine anywhere. Since you get 16 models per kit, you could make 3 units of 10 Carnivores and 2 shapers out of just two cheap kits. 

Edited by Tawnis