Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters

Joe

Forget Xcom combat, gears tactics is the superior combat model. I'm hoping the here combat is like gears tactics- weighty/ heavy impact, ultra violence, executions etc. Using explosives + grenades is so satisfying in tactics.

The video certainly seems to indicate that!

Well, previews from Valrak and the like ;)

Edited by Charlo

Forget Xcom combat, gears tactics is the superior combat model. I'm hoping the here combat is like gears tactics- weighty/ heavy impact, ultra violence, executions etc. Using explosives + grenades is so satisfying in tactics. Also DLC that adds UM and WB would be very cool. 

personally found gears tactics a lot of fun but very easy. Good game though!

OOH this looks sweet... I remember the Original Chaos Gate game..."Come to Chaos!"... :laugh.:  (I played that to death but it was buggy sometimes...ah the late 90's early 2000's were a fun time)

I'm looking forward to this, more so that ADB's Stamp is on it... at least the storyline will be rock solid :yes:

Mithril

Andy Serkis's voice acting took that female voice actor to school and back again.

I wonder what the soundtrack will be like? Mechanicus was an incredible soundtrack with a game attached.

The soundtrack is sounding a lot like DoW2 if I believe the trailers (and it's the same composer).

Hopefully we’ll get something as glorious as the demonic tooting in “Word Bearers March”

Forget Xcom combat, gears tactics is the superior combat model. I'm hoping the here combat is like gears tactics- weighty/ heavy impact, ultra violence, executions etc. Using explosives + grenades is so satisfying in tactics. Also DLC that adds UM and WB would be very cool. 

I really must get back around to finishing Gears Tactics!

XCOM: Deathwatch

That's a game worth making.

It is probably the only computer game I would honestly consider buying a new computer for (I have next to no hope that my current computer would be able to run it).

I do wonder why Deathwatch aren't utilised more when it comes to these sorts of rpg/strategy type games. They just seem perfect in many ways; they're space marines (which, let's face it, is what most people associate with 40K), they're "super special" which fits in with the "chosen one(s)" narrative of most computer games, it makes perfect sense to have recognisably different characters/roles in the player-controlled squad and they open up the possibility of having a highly customisable and individualised squad (which is always a player favorite) without breaking with the fluff of the setting.

On top of that, they also provide an easy answer to the question of "where's the rest of the Blood Angels (or whatever chapter) and why don't they just send a couple of Thunderhawks along, instead of just one squad against all these Orks?!?" that most players will ask at some point during a game (even if we do usually realise that it's just an established part of the genre).

Edited by Antarius

• 2 months later...

The reviews are all coming back positive. Quite a few I have read even state that it carves its own path away from xcom successfully.

Can't wait to have a go. Just looked on steam it unlocks in 3 hrs.

Yeah even though this one ticked all the boxes for me, I'd been holding off on preordering because of how reliably bad most GW-IP games are. That the reviews are coming in positive is a pleasant surprise.

The reviews are all coming back positive. Quite a few I have read even state that it carves its own path away from xcom successfully.

Can't wait to have a go. Just looked on steam it unlocks in 3 hrs.

Yeah even though this one ticked all the boxes for me, I'd been holding off on preordering because of how reliably bad most GW-IP games are. That the reviews are coming in positive is a pleasant surprise.

I'd say don't pre-order games at all, period. We have so many examples of titles turning out to be complete trainwrecks at launch in terms of functionality and content.

That said, the reviews for Daemonhunters are looking to be a pleasant surprise indeed.

I did preorder it yesterday but it was based on videos I had watched.

Started playing I am enjoying it.

How's the hardware optimization looking for you so far? There was a glimpse of hardware usage % in some clips of a vid review I saw that raised my eyebrows - like 100% on a high-end CPU and >95% on an RTX 3080.

I did preorder it yesterday but it was based on videos I had watched.

Started playing I am enjoying it.

How's the hardware optimization looking for you so far? There was a glimpse of hardware usage % in some clips of a vid review I saw that raised my eyebrows - like 100% on a high-end CPU and >95% on an RTX 3080.

About 40-50% 3GB memory

I am loving little things...

3 missions so far.... its fun, combat feels nice, grenades are very satisfying,

The way Grey Knights move, etc its pretty great... I have a low opinion of GW PC games as a whole but this I really enjoy.

Currently have a Justicar, Interceptor, Purgator and Apothecary.

Edited by Wolf Guard Einar

I'd say don't pre-order games at all, period.

I'd say people can make a judgment call on that. For new studios or ones with patchy track records, sure. But if there's a worthwhile bonus on offer for pre-ordering and you have some reason to be confident in the quality of product then why not? That could be anything from positive early previews to the pedigree of the developers or even direct experience yourself playing an early-access version or closed Beta.