Kill-Team New Edition Box

Lord Marshal

If I want to play kill team but don’t want those armies will I be able to get what I need from some other set?

They will almost certainly release the rule book separately (maybe Softback in box, hardback on its own, like Titanicus) and the cards. Future “Kill Teams” may come with counters. But as the poster above said, so many people plan to get this just for the models, eBay will be your friend if you just want the other stuff. That’s my plan.

Hell I might even buy the whole thing and then sell the models because I’ll probably cover the rules for very little if I split it sensibly.

The description on Warhammer community says 1 30x22 board, and the pictures show two.

Kill Team boards are double sided, it's probably showing the other side of the board :)

If I want to play kill team but don’t want those armies will I be able to get what I need from some other set?

They said that all the contents will be available separately later, but I'd have thought the Core Rules will be available on its own straight off - they released them individually alongside the current edition of KT when that was released in 2018, and also did the same for Warcry.

Very tempting...love everything in the box. However, with Black Templars on the horizon, not sure I'll be able to justify purchasing this.

We've got the full Ork release, Thousand Sons and Grey Knights before Templars at minimum. If GW keep to the one codex a month run they're on at the moment, you've got a few months. Treat yo'self!

Good on for people that want the Orks or DKK, good looking models. I’m done with KT though. I play Aeldari and Chaos, who haven’t even gotten a starter box since day one.

The movement measuring stick is already interesting/concerning.

Why is it concerning? There have been measuring sticks in many other boxes before, e.g. WH40k starter sets. It's just a cheap way of getting a tape measure substitute into a "all you need to play" kind of box.

So the hints were that we’ll get Warcry style boxes of units we haven’t seen before. Obviously Inquisitor and retinue are likely but what else? Mixed AdMech team of unusual cyborgs? Phobos Marines? Grot Revolutionaries? Last Chancers?

CSM Chosen.

GW, please.

"Best we can do is another Primaris unit... but you can convert them into Chosen if you like."

- GW, probably.

So the hints were that we’ll get Warcry style boxes of units we haven’t seen before. Obviously Inquisitor and retinue are likely but what else? Mixed AdMech team of unusual cyborgs? Phobos Marines? Grot Revolutionaries? Last Chancers?

CSM Chosen.

GW, please.

"Best we can do is another Primaris unit... but you can convert them into Chosen if you like."

- GW, probably.

Shadowspear Primaris contents - check.

That upside-down printed sheet of Ultramarines decals - check.

Some rules and lore whipped up by the intern that has only ever played Blood Bowl - check.

Here ya go - it's your Alpha Legion killteam!

I really like the look of Krieg and with the sprues you can basically make anything you need for a foot-slogging Guard force minus a banner and heavy weapons.

But I'm unsure if I should go down that rabbit hole, considering how much Guard I already have.

Edited by temneb

I really like the look of Krieg and with the sprues you can basically make anything you need for a foot-slogging Guard force minus a banner and heavy weapons.

But I'm unsure if I should go down that rabbit hole, considering how much Guard I already have.

Have the spreus been sighted??

I was just thinking it was disappointing there where no special weapons.

Yeah they're in the Octarius thread page 18

Anyone have any guesses on prices?

Its hard to say. The description on Warhammer community says 1 30x22 board, and the pictures show two. I think its going to be cheaper than people think, but also have a lot less terrain.

Just had a second look at the board pictures again…

During the unboxing part of the preview, the new box appeared the roughly the same size as the Indomitus one. The Indomitus box is only big enough to fit half of the mentioned 30“x22“ board that is supposed to be included.

I guess the included game board is folded in half and for now I assume the warcom article is correct… but nice catch of the folding mark, wasn‘t that obvious at first ;)

Just had a second look at the board pictures again…

During the unboxing part of the preview, the new box appeared the roughly the same size as the Indomitus one. The Indomitus box is only big enough to fit half of the mentioned 30“x22“ board that is supposed to be included.

I guess the included game board is folded in half and for now I assume the warcom article is correct… but nice catch of the folding mark, wasn‘t that obvious at first ;)

The board that came in the last Kill Team set folded four times to fit the box.

The boards that come in the Kill Zones terrain sets fold double the amount.

So it'll definitely be one board in this set :)

I’m done with KT though. I play Aeldari and Chaos, who haven’t even gotten a starter box since day one.

Chaos and Eldar will have rules in this edition of Kill Team, and appear on the new website GW have made to promote the game (https://warhammer40000.com/kill-team/). This new edition isn't just Orks and Krieg.

I’m done with KT though. I play Aeldari and Chaos, who haven’t even gotten a starter box since day one.

Chaos and Eldar will have rules in this edition of Kill Team, and appear on the new website GW have made to promote the game (https://warhammer40000.com/kill-team/). This new edition isn't just Orks and Krieg.

WTH, the Forge world is so messed up!

Vanguard picture for the Ranger text, a Marshal picture for the Vanguard text and the Sicarians are called Sycarians as their title, but then they spell Sicarian Ruststalkers correctly in the text itself!

I'd guess at a bunch of other more niche unit concepts.

Warcry warbands are all more niche rather than big faction sets, so id not expect marines and stuff like that.

But..

Cultist kill team is almost certain IMO, maybe even more than one. I could see an eldar pathfinder one maybe, im not sure marines will get a specific new killteam tbh, stormcast didn't. That said it's possible they do choose a unit for every faction, in which case yeah phobos of some kind for marines.

The rule book will be sold separate. 

Just bear in mind you'll need the "compendium" that's being released alongside the set, as well as the rulebook - the boxed game only includes rules for the sides included in the box; the compendium (not in the box) has the rules for all the factions.

The fact they have Kroot as a faction gets me pretty hyped. I know they've been a part of kill team for a while, but I never assumed it would last after an edition change. I might have to get around to stripping those Kroot I painted 12 years ago. Hopefully a rules system divorced from 40k will help Strengthen some of the weaker factions, like Kroot

I'd guess at a bunch of other more niche unit concepts.

Warcry warbands are all more niche rather than big faction sets, so id not expect marines and stuff like that.

But..

Cultist kill team is almost certain IMO, maybe even more than one. I could see an eldar pathfinder one maybe, im not sure marines will get a specific new killteam tbh, stormcast didn't. That said it's possible they do choose a unit for every faction, in which case yeah phobos of some kind for marines.

Ah good point about no Warcry Stormcasts. Marines are so much more popular though, maybe they could do an additional spec ops sprue to fit with the Phobos 5 man sprue.

But ultimately I want to see the niche stuff like you say.