Kill-Team New Edition Box

Lord Marshal

Alternating Activations has me actually paying proper attention, but I worry GW will still make hordes OP even with additional activations for 'elites'. Even some of the better AA games out there have struggled with volume of activations being a huge plus over quality.

GW: "We're taking the tape measure out of Kill Team!"

Also GW: "Here's how many inches each bespoke movement/range icon is..."

I think that‘s not bad, I can see the competitive scene using normal tape measures… by using the gauge three times you introduce too big of a inaccuracy and it‘s easier to misposition the gauge to get the last 10th of an inch to have an enemy in range

GW: "We're taking the tape measure out of Kill Team!"

Also GW: "Here's how many inches each bespoke movement/range icon is..."

I think that‘s not bad, I can see the competitive scene using normal tape measures… by using the gauge three times you introduce too big of a inaccuracy and it‘s easier to misposition the gauge to get the last 10th of an inch to have an enemy in range

Going in a straight line, you should be able to use the longest gauge for movement, and curiously, there doesn't seem to be a range for the lasgun.

EDIT: So, presumably, only the shortest range weapons will have an actual max range.

Also, I had not seen the grenade launcher before, it is beautiful.

Edited by MagicHat

Hm, ok, so what's the advantage, for the player (you'll need a GW measuring stick , so we know what advantage is there for GW), of multiplying symbols, over just taking a ruler/tape and measure it freely? What am I missing?

EDIT: For shooting, short/medium/long, I understand. That makes sense. But for movement? Yuck.

Edited by Balerion84

Love the fact that a Guardsman is a veteran after a few months of fighting :biggrin.:

Fifteen hours makes you a veteran in certain conflicts...

hell, considering Krieger training involves a live fire battle to wipe out the drop outs, any Krieger that sees deployment likely constitutes a "veteran" by anyone else's reasonable standards.

Hm, ok, so what's the advantage, for the player (you'll need a GW measuring stick , so we know what advantage is there for GW), of multiplying symbols, over just taking a ruler/tape and measure it freely? What am I missing?

EDIT: For shooting, short/medium/long, I understand. That makes sense. But for movement? Yuck.

I'm currently in agreement, but I suspect it'll be in difficult terrain and similar that it'll shine - I can imagine that you get '-1X' movement in dense terrain or '+1X' when advancing, which will mean that your movements won't be entirely at the whims of the dice

I do hope they get this right. Kill team has always get like an ideal scale for 40K to me but none of the actual versions have quite clicked.

Looking through the unit options available it seems to me that they’ve made some good choices about what units can be used. The really heavy hitters are mostly gone (hello Custodian Guard) and now you’re mostly looking at troops and elites. I’d like to have seen eliminators in there, probably instead of heavy intercessors, but maybe their guns are too good.

I’ve actually had a sprue of sisters of silence on sprue since the 30k box set came out. They’d be ideal to make up as a kill team, or most of one, with a custodian or two.

Edited by Mandragola

If they really wanted to make everyone's day, they'd release an SoS KT with character models that the range lacks and let you beef it up with mixed SoS from the existing range. Then drop a Talons dex that includes both the new models and rules for either Aleya as a solo model, or a generic SoS HQ which could be represented by the Aleya model.

Playing SoS in KT is a really good suggestion though, even with existing kits. Might have to pick up a box.

I'm currently in agreement, but I suspect it'll be in difficult terrain and similar that it'll shine - I can imagine that you get '-1X' movement in dense terrain or '+1X' when advancing, which will mean that your movements won't be entirely at the whims of the dice
Could be. But I'm also thinking, what happens, if I don't want to move in a straight line for example. Will I have to move less than my max movement limit?

Could be. But I'm also thinking, what happens, if I don't want to move in a straight line for example. Will I have to move less than my max movement limit?

To be honest ...who knows ?!?... 

all i can say is that i hope it's a nice fresh revamp for Kill team ...new ruleset new models... i guess i need to bin  recycle the old books when the new stuff hits... I Don't have the room anyway :sweat:  ... 

I feel vindicated that at least I didn't buy pariah nexus.. :tongue.: 

Mithril 

To be honest ...who knows ?!?...

all i can say is that i hope it's a nice fresh revamp for Kill team ...new ruleset new models... i guess i need to bin recycle the old books when the new stuff hits... I Don't have the room anyway :sweat: ...

I feel vindicated that at least I didn't buy pariah nexus.. :tongue.:

Mithril

The separate price of the pariah models was more than the box retailed at. It was a bargain! (Relatively speaking...)

Hoping that the new box isn't more than £125 otherwise it's going to be rough over here. Yay for ork releases being spaced out though for financially recovery in between.

In the main picture for this morning's Warcom article there is an interesting wall panel in the background shrine terrain.  It appears to be a human pysker wrapped in flame.  Does anyone know where this comes from?  Possibly a new kit?

Interesting write-up today, the saves in the article are similar to those in Blackstone Fortress (BSF)(maybe all Warhammer Quest games?). The critical saves in particular remind me of BSF. Also, interesting that lasguns have unlimited range.

I’m curious what will be available for sale after the box set is released. Does anyone remember if the tokens for the previous Kill Team were available outside of the initial box set?

New Killzones and Kill Team boxes, with terrain, would be interesting.

I really like the weapon changes. The ranges in 40k have never really made sense, and this just simplifies it and makes it more immersive. Really curious to see how the game will handle objectives.

That said I really think GW needs to start giving us some video examples of how some this stuff works. Its just really abstract when you don't see the templates in action. They really should have battle reports and example games that we can watch before a product launches.

That said I really think GW needs to start giving us some video examples of how some this stuff works. Its just really abstract when you don't see the templates in action. They really should have battle reports and example games that we can watch before a product launches.

I think we may see a how to play video for this but it will be closer to launch.

Steve