Black Templar Teaser and Rumors

Acebaur

At my local Warhammer store, I had to purchase a couple of Bladeguard Veteran sets (needed two more sets anyway) to get the Black Templars coin. Have to wait until the official release tomorrow to pick up the items though.

wait, tomorrow is preorder?

At my local Warhammer store, I had to purchase a couple of Bladeguard Veteran sets (needed two more sets anyway) to get the Black Templars coin. Have to wait until the official release tomorrow to pick up the items though.

wait, tomorrow is preorder?

Do we actually have any idea when preorders will go live?

Sometime before November because the roadmap said BT supplement in November. Not this weekend, that leaves 9th, 16th, 23rd, and 30th. Unless they mean to drop the launch box less than a month before the rest. We still have Aos dragons and the starter set of kill team, and ork and krieg kill team boxes to mix in.

My guess is 16th or 23rd but it's just that, a guess based off releases making sense.

Edited by General Strike

Because it's inconceivable that the launch box comes out at the launch of the the product line.

Yeah, because GW used launch boxes as a way to get the codex and some of the models early. Name one launch box by GW that launched at the same time as the rest of the line, and I will change my opinion. Sisters, Orks, and Lumineth all came out about a month earlier then the rest of the line, or more for Orks. Even starter sets usually make you wait for the codexes for the two starter armies, like Space Marines and Necrons. So, using context clues and historical data in place of sarcasm, yes.

Ill be explicit, Mr. L, at one point stated publicly on the IN discord that sword brethren as unit exists, that he's working them into his lists, and that it wasn't as a fire support role. He has the book.

Just saying this in an attempt to eradicate any doubt to them appearing

And a nice big section that says "sword brethren markings", seems a lot of decals for just one model out of the launch box. Further hopes / evidence of a sword brethren box in the future. 

It's our "generic" transfer sheet, thus not really in any way exclusive to this army box or the units in it. But no further evidence is required anyway.

Edited by tvih

The decal sheet is interesting compared to the launch box pictures. You can see how they used parts of the heraldry section to make the tilt-shield markings and the knee on the dreadnought. What raises a question in my mind is the pre-made shield heraldries. There's enough of each for one tilt-shield, ten hips, and a large one. With 50+20 chapter markings, I think the sheet is enough for a full army using a crusade heraldry decal on characters and squad leaders?

Shoulder pads are sepperate, a small variety of design exists. the aforementioned fist and axe. Some bling bits, like crusader seals...

Is that a sheathed chainsword?

I think there must be a third sprue cause I counted:

3 auto boltrifles

5 carbines

3 Heavy Bolt pistols

3 chainswords for big boys

5 chainswords for small boys

1 flamer

1 powerfist

1 power sword

1 power axe

Hip heavy bolt pistol

Edit: Nevermind that adds up to 3 bolt pistol and chainsword and 3 auto bolt rifles, which is six total. My brain is just melted from college work.

Edited by General Strike