Black Templar Teaser and Rumors

Acebaur

I’m loving the Combi weapon style looking forward to seeing the Combi Plasma

I’m also a fan of the iron circlet, it’s a nice nod to the nasal helm but also looks like it’s bolted on & holding his face together

Edited by BladeOfVengeance

Combi-flamer and power axe sounds absolutely awesome in my book so thats what he's getting, I'll just have to search my bits for a helmet that fits the look. 

There were rumors that the Sword Brethren box would be able to build a Marshall, what if the Castellan doesnt have a proper model but is part of the Sword Brethren unit? Like some sort of Primaris Command squad where for each Marshall you can have a Sword Brerthen squad led by a Castellan in your HQ? That would be dope as all heck but if it doesnt work like that then I still think its the Castellan that will be able to be made out of the SB box since we have a stand alone kit for the Marshall so having two makes no sense to me.

Don't know if anyone has seen this yet, but the multimelta for vehicles is confirmed. You can see it on the Repulsor Executioner in the image. Possibly a new head from an upgrade sprue on the Outrider Sergeant as well. I don't have Instagram so can't verify myself.

Multi-Meltas upgrades coming for for the Repulsor. From WC insta : BlackTemplars (reddit.com)

Don't know if anyone has seen this yet, but the multimelta for vehicles is confirmed. You can see it on the Repulsor Executioner in the image. Possibly a new head from an upgrade sprue on the Outrider Sergeant as well. I don't have Instagram so can't verify myself.

Multi-Meltas upgrades coming for for the Repulsor. From WC insta : BlackTemplars (reddit.com)

Question is, Is that a normal Executioner or a "Crusader" variant of it. If so, that means you cannot put MM to "every" vehicle, just the "variant"

I know thats a long shot but, everything is possible, If we are talking about GW

Edited by BayOkuz

What about using using Black Templar contrast over a Leadbelcher base coat for a metallic shine? Has anyone tried that?

Yes, often.  Leadbeltcher -> Nuln Oil -> directional drybrush Iron hands -> edge highlight Sotrmhost silver.  Then hit with the Black templar.   i then pait the soft armor the fang and hit with a light all over shade of Nuln oil gloss.  Once you use your dull coat after all otehr details re done, it looks great.

GORGEOUS, man, GW is really on point so far with the re-work of the models. I CAN'T WAIT to get my hands on these. The article speaks well as to his potential abilities on the table! 

Speaking of, I really really would like to see some rules start getting released ha ha. 

Its so crazy to see our chapter is now the most focused chapter of them all. We have a Crusadersquad which gonna be very different to other troop choices in comparison to other Marines and 3!!! Primaris Special characters - More then Ultramarines

Calgar, Tiggles and Uriel.... But who cares the new BT stuff is so nice.

Eberious made an awesome conversion for me based on the old model. Awesome as it is, the age of the old model means there's some trouble with symmetry on the helmet and such, so it will be nice to have this as well. And the new servitors just blow the old ones out of the water. 

Also, GW must know of Grimaldus' popularity from helsreach, even Helbrecht didn't get his own trailer!

Other than the backpack there is nothing that really that signifies him as a Primaris marine other than being far better scaled than old marine models

Well, high-ranking Astartes will of course have more custom-made artificer stuff than a line Primaris marine, so it's indeed not necessarily MkX at all. Fluff-wise it's entirely possible that artificers just reworked his old armor to account for the added bulk (I do believe Primaris being bigger than firstborn is still a thing in the fluff, even with all the retconning they've done?). Marines do like their relics, after all.

The only downside is how much work that banner is going to be,

I'm just dying to take a stab at it!

Other than the backpack there is nothing that really that signifies him as a Primaris marine other than being far better scaled than old marine models

Well, high-ranking Astartes will of course have more custom-made artificer stuff than a line Primaris marine, so it's indeed not necessarily MkX at all. Fluff-wise it's entirely possible that artificers just reworked his old armor to account for the added bulk (I do believe Primaris being bigger than firstborn is still a thing in the fluff, even with all the retconning they've done?). Marines do like their relics, after all.

No its clearly MkX. You have the backpack already. You can also tell from the greaves its MkX. It has a bit of a knee pad rim, the telltale boot design. Let's not pretend its something else. And we already know from helbrecht, MkX artificer armor is a thing. 

Edited by Reinhard