Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I actually got my box in the post from Dark Sphere on the Saturday of release. Pretty happy with that. I then went abroad for a week, with the book but not the models, and have enjoyed spending the occasional quiet time analysing and complaining about the book.

 

I expect I'll get the combat patrol when it comes out, giving me a full 20-man Crusader squad, along with Helbrecht and Grimaldus. This will leave me with two Marshalls, neither of which I expect to use as an actual Marshall due to Helbrecht's awesomeness. I'll probably make one into a Castellan with the Teeth of Terra. One might get given a Bladeguard shield, to serve as either a Sergeant, Lieutenant or some other thing. I think I'll wait till I have the second set of Crusaders before making my Sword brother (or else I'll convert up an Intercessor to make an 11th man) because I want the Sword of Judgement, which comes in the CP. I'll grab at least a couple more of the accessory sprues for the multimeltas, too.

 

I think I'll actually paint my stuff up as a homebrew chapter. I've got a Crimson Fist army that I'm pretty happy with and also a lot of grey plastic. I've decided I don't want to be tied to any particular supplement in future so the idea is to make an army that can use any models I like. There's quite a lot of stuff that my Crimson Fists have no use for, but which could be good for other chapters. I think they'll tend to be used mainly as either Black Templars or Ravenguard, though the contents of this army box will probably only be used as Templars.

One thing I have noticed with the marshal in the launch box/combat patrol is that he seems to be wearing artificer armor (judging by his segmented legplates). I have the launch box, and since my primaris collection is near non-existent besides, I will probably be picking up at least two combat patrols. This will leave me with three of that Marshal. So what can I do with him? I am thinking a few things.

 

1) paint one of them in black armor and use him as a generic Marshal, which can also just be a sword brother.

 

2) paint another in gold armor, with weapon options and perhaps some extra "effort" to make him into Marshal Hector for the Lycia crusade proper. (If I wasn't going to buy the helbrecht model, I would probably kit bash him into helbrecht somehow). As such, with gold armor I can also personally feel good about giving him a chapter master command upgrade.

 

3) Paint the third in red armor, and do some kitbashing to convert him into a black templars primaris techmarine, similar to what I did with my only firstborn tech marine as well.

Edited by Urkh

My box arrived today, and I have to say that the models look amazing in person.

 

I might get the combat patrol box, but I'll definitely get each of the characters and a couple of boxes of Sword Brethren.

 

I also have a pile of shame that I was holding off on completing until the codex, so I can use spare bits and the upgrade kit on them

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.