All done with the airbrush step now, time for the brush.

I am genuinely happy with how this thing that once started out as an old hunk o’ junk I didn’t care about is turning out.

C8B2E7CB-62CE-4A79-A255-A7FB2D86FB9D.jpeg

8 hours ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

Looking great! Do you plan on having it as the ride for Terminators or for Eightbound?

Thanks! :D 

For berzerkers, ultimately. The others can get around quickly or deep strike, so there will be a unit or two of chainaxe crazies getting hauled around.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2023 at 1:47 AM, Pearson73 said:

The Master of Executions is  a great build, love the helmet!

Thanks! I love it too. I am tempted to use it for every character, and have to restrain myself.

On 2/12/2023 at 4:41 AM, Brother Carpenter said:

Lovely land raider. Love all the icons etc. Reminds me of a gt from 2005 or so. 2 lr loaded with bezerkers was a very frightening thing thundering towards my lines in 4th or 5th ed.

I hope it is scary again with this codex! Will be fun at least. It’s crazy but after building it, I do want a second. Or maybe a spartan.

Built a unit of eightbound. Have been doing lots of family stuff so haven’t had time to work on much:

7B18DCEF-7CC0-4E52-AEFE-19F49FAA8509.jpeg

• 1 month later...
On 2/16/2023 at 9:22 PM, WrathOfTheLion said:

Looking awesome! I'm thinking a Spartan would look really cool for a 10 man Terminator blob.

Funny you should say that, I just picked one up. :D Though I think I’m gonna paint it for my Templars. I have 10-strong bricks of terminators for both my World Eaters and Word Bearers, and when the new indomitus kit comes out I’ll have one for my Templars, as well. They and my gravis will have no other transport in my collection, so it makes sense… but it also feels right to have a Spartan in one of the legions. On the other hand, it would be a sacred relic to the Templars. We’ll see.

Speaking of Templars, I built and blackened my company champion. I love this mini so much. The pose is SO GOOD:

9CF68D3E-AD8B-4248-BF60-0FC41353910B.jpeg

6BC6B749-362B-4E3A-9B2A-A1FCB9739154.jpeg

00F9C8EB-B39D-4717-AC54-966A45D60EA4.jpeg

Edited by Khornestar

• 2 weeks later...

Finished my Brutalis build today. I magnetized the arm options (twin bolters vs. claw power field generator) and didn’t glue the chassis guns or fist/claws so I can swap them. I like how he came out, but I glued the chassis gun housing before fully posing him so they’re angled a hair lower than I’d like. Overall happy:

F0B12C6E-AF89-4926-A107-1F33883C9E43.jpeg

A69A732D-7406-4203-8C46-F96A69CD00E9.jpeg

F3004214-B91F-487F-82B9-A3706C034D55.jpeg

68AF09D1-BEB1-455C-B21B-E27309B6E121.jpeg

AF037B29-5407-469D-B60C-FF22C5CC8C0D.jpeg

Edited by Khornestar

Gravis command staff underway as well (super excited the apothecary is coming so I don’t have to do any converting :D).

Techmarine:

D93E55BF-77C7-44D6-9794-A78D2719810E.jpeg

Updated assault intercessor sword brother:

AB9A0494-27D8-4D48-8FB3-2787FD315867.jpeg

Edited by Khornestar

Expanding my gravis command staff:

Gravis Marshal (Unnamed), followed by

Gravis “Castellan” (Unnamed):

IMG_9160.jpeg

IMG_9161.jpeg

IMG_9162.jpeg

IMG_9157.jpeg

IMG_9158.jpeg

IMG_9159.jpeg

This second guy is a redux of the gravis marshal from earlier in the thread. I really wasn’t happy with the power fist arm, it just hung there limp at his side and I couldn’t get it posed to my satisfaction. I like how his second iteration turned out. Can run him as the heavy bolt rifle/sword variant, and in the lore of the army he’s a castellan. Gave his helm to not-Tor Garradon. Standard gravis helm looks good on him, too.

Edited by Khornestar

Brutalis blackened:

IMG_9187.jpeg

IMG_9188.jpeg

IMG_9189.jpeg

Assault intercessors with crusader swords/pistols. Built a second sword brother with thunder hammer to either swap with the fist bro or lead a second 5-man squad:

IMG_9208.jpeg

IMG_9209.jpeg

IMG_9210.jpeg

IMG_9207.jpeg

IMG_9206.jpeg

IMG_9205.jpeg

IMG_9204.jpeg

IMG_9203.jpeg

Edited by Khornestar

Brother-Chaplain Movses, Master of Sanctity of the Chrysaetos Crusade. Served for a time in the Deathwatch.

Bears an odd resemblance to Grimaldus… ;)

IMG_9251.jpeg

IMG_9252.jpeg

IMG_9253.jpeg

Edited by Khornestar

6 hours ago, Volgon said:

I think it would look a bit more natural if the arms were positioned a bit lower, more level with the chest or stomach, but I think you are trying to convey him winding up a swing? If that's the case I think the pose is pretty good!

I kinda had to settle for this position to get the hands and arms to match up and be able to connect, As the arms, hands, left shackle, and pieces of the weapon are all separate parts.

But also yeah, he is lifting it to wind up for a swing. Perhaps a slightly more diagonal strike than vertical, but he’s gonna smash it into something. ;)

Edited by Khornestar

Not absolutely thrilled with the result but I had to just be done with this guy:

Company Champion in Gravis Armor:

IMG_9337.jpeg

IMG_9338.jpeg

IMG_9339.jpeg

Now the only two left to build are an ancient and a chaplain. Apothecary biologis coming soon enough.

This guy actually started as the chaplain but it didn’t feel right. Not ornate enough, lacked the proper decoration, and the crusader helm is awesome but a chaplain needs a proper skull helmet. Will build the ancient first. Not totally sold on the chaplain yet.

Edited by Khornestar

59 minutes ago, BadgersinHills said:

Really lovely minis. The Champion is great! 

Where are the arms of the Chaplain from?

Many thanks! The chaplain’s arms are from the deathwatch kill team kit, the heavy thunder hammer.

Here are the champion and the techmarine in black. Everything is better in black, though the techmarine will end up red, as Mars intended:

IMG_9363.jpeg

IMG_9359.jpeg

On 5/12/2023 at 7:15 AM, Firedrake Cordova said:

The champion's second hand not being on the sword grip as my brain expects it to be is messing with my head a bit :laugh: 

Really like the tech marine :smile: 

Hah! I couldn’t figure out a way to get a 2hand grip so I tried recreating the primaris crusader pose.

TYVM, Feirros lends himself well to a head swap. ;)

Desolation squad under construction. This is the last infantry unit I’m building/priming for the big batch.

Sword Brother, who ended up really messy due to all the cutting. Should have just used the stock kit but I *had* to give him the apron:

IMG_9390.jpeg

IMG_9391.jpeg

IMG_9389.jpeg

Finally got the desolation squad built. I guess technically 2 squads, one with superfrag and one with superkrak, two armed with vengor launchers:

This is the last of the minis I’m building  before starting the paint batch of 10 desolation squad, 10 intercessors, 10 assault intercessors, 10 infiltrators, 10 hellblasters, Grimaldus and retinue, 2 gravis marshals, gravis techmarine, gravis company champion, and brutalis dread.

IMG_9514.jpeg

Edited by Khornestar