Wolfspear 4th Jarldom project

killersquid

Thanks folks!

I was struggling to decide on the cloak colour, but I'm very happy with how it turned out.

The grey is very easy. It's apothecary grey contrast paint applied over grey seer basecoat, with an edge highlight of ulthuan grey.

Rad

Thank you!

Your infiltrators are awesome, but that landspeeder is so cool! Your choices of colors is fantastic and really change the feel of the whole model, it looks very sleek and tactical. 

Thanks man, It was hard to decide how I wanted to do it.

another update. Stormspeeder is almost done, just gotta finish the base, a buddy 3D printed a base for me, but it was a little small (80mm instead of 90MM), but mostly fits. Hard to photograph. Also, started on some eliminators and Incursors.

FUB02M4.jpg

cJeNjrF.jpg

z96F49g.jpg

Thanks man, I don't think I paint that fast anymore, but I'm comparing myself to how I had more time before I was married and got a dog ha ha. I am mostly using Contrast Paints for painting this force, which does save a lot of time. Pretty much everything is contrast + highlight and that's it.

I realized looking at these pictures, one of the transfers needs to be fixed on the eliminators, I'll get that sorted when I apply transfers to the next squad.

Took a (badly shot) photo of the army so far. 5 models away from 50PL

kR9AO38.jpg

Nice looking eliminators, still loving that stormspeeder!

Thank you very much!

Small update, been working on a squad of Incursors, only have 32 infantry to paint after these guys are done.

My plan for my 2000pts list is the following.

Phobos cap (done)
Phobos Librarian (done)
phobos lt (Primed)

x3 invictor warsuits (1/3 done, 2/3 unbuilt)
x2 hounds of morkai squads (1 done, 1 unprimed)

x3 incursor squads (0 done, 2 primed)
x2 infiltrator squads (1 done, 1 unprimed)

x1 stormspeed thunderstrike (1/1 done)

x3 eliminator squads (1 done, 2 primed)

7qaBEEJ.jpg

Fantastic! Great blend of reiver and phobos parts to make some unique looking models!

Neat how you tossed in a few different hair colors too.

Thanks man! I had all the bits, so it was fun mixing and matching a bit. I figured too, these guys are partially space wolves, so they'd have fancy hair like them!

Small update today.

Built the last two models I bought for the army, my invictor warsuits, I've now got at least all the army built, just gotta get painting.

KzpxGIT.jpg

PjDOfwr.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Hey folks, been busy the last month, so painting has been slow. But, I finished my second unit of infiltrators, and my LT in phobos armour.

CBCdDhl.jpg

bbIkddW.jpg

yxf8jeT.jpg

Here is the whole painted group together now. 

3AIoQrn.jpg

Today I'm bringing out the whole 2k (including the 23 unpainted models shame I know), for their first game. Excited to start getting the feel for them on the table.

Dont know if youve mentioned this already but what is your painting scheme and method it looks really good

Thank you, It's mostly contrast.

I primed the models Grey Seer. 

White is Apothecary White, with Ulthan Grey edge highlights.

Black is Templar, with Dark Reaper and then Dawnstone edge highlights.

Really liken your paint job on these guys, especially on the StormSpeeder, it looks great.

Thank you!

Had my first game today, Forgive the pictures, my buddy just finished building his army so it's a sea of grey. Play agaisnt Genestealer Cults. Made some horrible deployment mistakes, but fought back pretty well. Lost 60ish to 90sih, so not bad considering how badly I messed up lol.

I was pretty happy with my list. My Librarian with the Armour of Russ, and my Hounds of Morkai were the MVP's for sure. Genestealer cults just had a lot of multi-damage attacks, and lots of bonuses to hit/wound and re-rolls, it was pretty crazy how devastating their shooting was. looking forward to getting in my practice. 

R7xNNPV.jpg

Q4BE8CB.jpg

Hi friends, small progress today.

I bought a third box of las-fusil eliminators (no pictures), which I think will be good fire support. Also, I built and painted a new Phobos Wolfguard.

FeJPfMf.jpg

12nxZsk.jpg

0SbzHbO.jpg

Looking like I might want play that new Vanguard-Spearhead army of renown, but I can't use my stormspeeder. What do you folks think would be a good way to replace that 160pts? I'm thinking a unit of supressors, and then 60pts of just extra hounds of morkai or infiltrators. Not sure though.