Wolfspear 4th Jarldom project

killersquid

Some very fine work here sir - I approve! :smile.:

Thank you kindly!

Yep. Awesome stuff and fast

Thank you! I feel like I'm going slowly lol, but most of the work is done with contrast paint, so It's quicker to paint them my other paint schemes.

Its inspirational i might steal your colour scheme its a good look and doesnt seem as time consuming

Go for it! It's very quick, the part that takes the longest is the edge highlighting, which isn't too bad. I am really enjoying it.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

Played my second game with the Wolfspears against Aledari on the weekend. He was new to the book, it was a good practice for getting the army out. My opponent misinterpreted one of his abilities, which had a huge effect on the results of the game, and we didn't realize until afterwards, so we decided not to count it as a win for either of us. It was certainly very fun deploying models all over the board, and then re-deploying with Lords of Deceit. The Captain in Gravis armour was fun to use. With Hunter, he moved 5", advanced d6+2" and then could charge 2d6+2", so he was very fast. 

ZrETiwz.jpg

NCx71od.jpg

Besides that, I finished my Invictor warsuits. Just have 5 more Reivers, and 3 Eliminators to finish. 

epx5nSD.jpg

dFZlcI3.jpg

yRJOSYW.jpg

Alright, finished my last 5 reivers, so finished the models I bought back in Novemeber. 2000pts, with an option of Phobos or Gravis Captain.

Took some pictures of  in front of my Fat Mat

TFV7MDA.jpg

iPdlrZB.jpg

MOwvq3s.jpg

nMzhEqF.jpg

5hQohBb.jpg

qHaO0rj.jpg

qUkM4Ys.jpg

rDyery6.jpg

xINUXcn.jpg

YaFlkHF.jpg

IGIEjSW.jpg

zUJKd7P.jpg

DGikHKM.jpg

CYUev2k.jpg

gx3aJQZ.jpg

KMyHOac.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

What a great-looking army you have there, killersquid! And congrats on hitting the 2000-point milestone! Definitely something to proud, especially with such quality paint jobs. :)

What can we expect to see now?

You have a beautiful army, killersquid - very well done.

My only quibble is that the proportion of black on some of your vehicles seems "off" in that they didn't seem to "fit" with your infantry as well as they should.  Compare, for example, the walker with the grey chest plates (the plates on either side of the pilot) in comparison to those with the black plates - the grey plated walker seems to fit in better alongside the infantry than the other two.  This is most obvious with your skimmer, which (from the front) seems to be predominantly black.  Not something I am suggesting you go back and change, but maybe to keep in mind going forward.

That said, it was a good way to differentiate otherwise different builds of the same model.

What a great-looking army you have there, killersquid! And congrats on hitting the 2000-point milestone! Definitely something to proud, especially with such quality paint jobs. :smile.:

What can we expect to see now?

I have a unit of suppressors on the paint table, to let me run the Vanguard Spearhead army of renoun, but beisdes that, I'll be taking a break from painting these guys for a bit. Have to catch up on my underworlds warbands after all the releases this past weekend.

You have a beautiful army, killersquid - very well done.

My only quibble is that the proportion of black on some of your vehicles seems "off" in that they didn't seem to "fit" with your infantry as well as they should.  Compare, for example, the walker with the grey chest plates (the plates on either side of the pilot) in comparison to those with the black plates - the grey plated walker seems to fit in better alongside the infantry than the other two.  This is most obvious with your skimmer, which (from the front) seems to be predominantly black.  Not something I am suggesting you go back and change, but maybe to keep in mind going forward.

That said, it was a good way to differentiate otherwise different builds of the same model.

I completely understand. The speeder was an accident on how it became more black than Grey. For the walkers, I wanted to use some different transfers on it, which wouldn't appear as nicely without swapping some of the colours. 

• 2 months later...

Hi folks, long time but still here working on my Wolfspear.

Recently, I was gifted a Gladiator kit from a friend, so built it up as a Valiant. 

rFoISHU.jpg

I've also started adding paint chipping to my current models, and started with my landspeeder, going to slowly go through the rest of the collection this way.

hjWiHVa.jpg

On another note, played one of my first games in a while, against my buddies Tyranids. 

It was a fun game, I poorly played my secondaries, but the Gladiator did great, as well as my Hounds of Morkai, who took down two units of 5 zoanthropes and two neurothropes. My eliminators were more or less useless, and two of my invictor warsuits were smited to death T1. well fought game, and I managed to pull off a close win. 

h005GCb.jpg

XceOB2p.jpg

Sed6030.jpg

My list was

Gravis Captain - teeth of terra, WT Strike for the Throat, Hunter

Reiver Lt - Blacktooth relic, Howling Beast WT

Techmarine

x3 5 man incursor squads with haywire mines

x3 invictor warsuits

unit of 10 hounds of morkai

unit of suppressors

stormspeeder thunderstrike

x2 units of las-fusil eliminators

gladiator valiant

He had

x3 neurothropes

x3 units of 5 zoanthropes

x2 units of warriors

x1 unit of hormagaunt

x2 tyranid drop pods

x2 tyranofex

Had a crusade game tonight, a combat patrol of Wolfspear, from Strikeforce Bloodtooth took to the battle to uncover a relic agaisnt a Drukhari raiding party. Fun, quick and bloodly game. The Drukhari archon was a nightmare, but his Djinn blade killed him for me on turn 3. End of the game, only my gladiator was left alive, killing four enemy units on it's own.

Forgive my terrain, it's still WIP lol

JKhcOhO.jpg

RHxx4UE.jpg

nftsmqT.jpg

Erz1DxA.jpg

19 hours ago, BadgersinHills said:

Gladiator looks lovely, and the chipping is really nice. 

Thanks man, I really appreciate it!

I painted up a slightly converted Russ model, to run as a Primaris Captain with power weapon and relic shield. 

4ffJ6vz.jpg

NExyN7k.jpg

MuCPjuL.jpg

N19W4Gx.jpg

• 1 month later...