[OW/X - Tau]: Operation Fireknife (OOC & Discussion)

Mazer Rackham

No worries :thumbsup:

To be honest I think your roll worked out very well narratively - there's  no way you're going to hear the result of an opposed stealth roll test, when you're sounding off like a beer-sozzled frog chorus! :biggrin.:

As you enter the craft, there are patches of light and dark where residual power remains.  Feel free to describe the wreckage as you see fit.  You will see the signs of pulse weapon discharge, burst conduits and ripped-out wiring, damaged floor plates - whatever you can conjure up.

If you wish to make a search of your area, or as you progress you may do so, on a Hard (-20) Awareness Test (there's lots of junk etc - you can work this into narrative if you want).  Any DoS = Information/discoveries/objects etc.  Failure by 4+ DoF means you miss everything, and are in such a hurry, don't tag for further search.

Would the use of the suits sensors, such as the blacksun filter help with this test?

Edited by Trokair

Good question there Tro. :thumbsup:

If I understand correctly, the blacksun is equivalent to night vision, or dark sight, which means no penalties for darkness.  However, you're searching through clutter and crud.  I'll rule that advanced sensor suite will provide +10 to your roll, with the blacksun allowing a single re-roll.  This will take allowance for sparking panels, flickering lights etc providing some help in lifting the ambient level of light overall.

Is that reasonable?

Any character without sensors may use other abilities not based on sight without penalty, but there will be a riot of smells/sounds/sensations, and discerning them will rely on moving slowly, so no more than half-rate.

How is that for everyone?

Sputtering light catches on spindly legs as the thing emerge from a hatch, distant as Targykex says, by forty huntstrides.  The soft movements belie the weight or size of the thing, half the height of a human man, or Kroot-kin, it neither scuttles, nor stalks, and somehow manages both.

This is as brutal and different to any Kor'Vesa the Fio caste could ever concieve.

The feet touch the deck with a soft tink-tink-tink, as your foe emerges on six metallic spur-legs.  Smocked in red cloth, dirty with oil and soot, it is no wonder the Kroot did not detect it - more machine than creature, it's presence is almost background to the wreckage in which you stand.  A hood shrouds whatever passes for a...head.  And from underneath this cowl blazes a solitary crimson eye, fixed into a ratcheting a flexing oculus mount.  It whirs and clicks as it determines your existence, oddly hesitating.

This world has some weird wildlife.

@Beren - Why are you rolling tor your shot locations?

You get the location by reversing the result of your To Hit roll result.

Targykex rolled 31 which is then reversed giving 13 which is Right Arm.

Table 8-2 Multiple Hits on P239 at the bottom of the page where Full Auto Burst shows how multiple shots move.

It shows that the first hit is Arm, then the second hit is Arm and then the third hit is Body.

So with what Mazer has said it looks like Targykex has  shot the other drone blowing off two of its right legs and maybe a kill to the body (?)

I can't remember if that's the way they do it in RT?

@MR - Sorry, I keep on forgetting that there are different rule systems in the game.

It's no sweat bud, :thumbsup:  that's why I'm here.

On that note, players are free to use whatever convention for hit location they wish - albeit the one MG has pointed out is far more beneficial!  There's enough noodle-baking as it is! :biggrin.:

As long as we enjoy the game and keep the story moving, I'm not going to squeeze anyone's shoes.  This is meant to be mainly narrative, so rock it how you stock it.

I just saw a table and assumed it meant a roll tbh.

No worries.

Have update the last post with the murder-bot actions, it's now only 15m away...!  Jaq'Arn is next.

Tro is split from the party so may act independently.

So we wait on the Runaway critters to attack, oh wait they're both dead and the ones behind didn't roll for initiative.

So MR is it a new round?

Yes and no.

No, since the combat continues, the critters will continue using the Initiative rolled at the start of the combat, which is fair as they're further away, and the critter 5 feet from Tony Keys face is still alive, because Jaq'Arn missed.

Yes it is indeed a new round, another chance to introduce new friends to Mr Boomstick :wink: (do you keep it around for close encounters?)

Tony followed by Targykex.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

So we wait on the Runaway critters to attack, oh wait they're both dead and the ones behind didn't roll for initiative.

So MR is it a new round?

Yes and no.

No, since the combat continues, the critters will continue using the Initiative rolled at the start of the combat, which is fair as they're further away, and the critter 5 feet from Tony Keys face is still alive, because Jaq'Arn missed.

Yes it is indeed a new round, another chance to introduce new friends to Mr Boomstick :wink: (do you keep it around for close encounters?)

Tony followed by Targykex.

"Shop Smart, shop S Mart!"