=] The 12 Months of Hobby 2022 [=

Grotsmasha

Okay here it is:

I, ThePenitentOne, pledge to complete the following 5-Wych fire team during the month of April.

April Challenge 2022 Before Mod

The funny thing about these guys is that they were my March Challenge last year- not finishing them was the thing that ended early achievements in January and February. Last year, all of these guys started at the white base coat. I almost finished one model, and I got a start on another... And then I just ran out of gas. Finishing these guys over Easter will really make the long weekend count. 

Finished the Ambot, don't know if I'll get to the Black Sentinels this month (tournament coming up this weekend, plus new paint scheme), but I'll try. Loved painting the Ambot, big chonky boy.

mEz1Iu6.jpeg

OiPUGVF.jpeg

KcUKCfr.jpeg

So I have finished the Intercessors but its been crappy weather and I have been unable to get a reasonable pic. I will hopefully post up something on the weekend. But I ma going to extend my April vow to include the Helblasters and Ironclad dread from my Sons of Dorn expansion vow. As I only have four days to get them all done...

gallery_36568_17249_24137.jpg

Paint two, base two and repaint parts of the other three...

gallery_36568_17249_53650.jpg

And one recycled dreadnought...

This year has been a slog, just finding painting time is becoming a serious mission itself. :sad.:
That said, I made a start on a Repentia yesterday, before finding out I was on night shifts today. Or tonight, I suppose I mean :laugh.:

So, let's make it official:

I, Ace Debonair, hereby embark once more on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge! For the month of April, I pledge to complete One (1) Sister Repentia of the Order of the Iron Tower by month's end!

gallery_46204_9220_66791.jpg

After all, if you can't sleep, why not paint? :tongue.:

EDIT:

Something funny going on with my font sizes for a minute there.

Edited by Ace Debonair

Okay so time to show a bit of progress. Firstly, as promised, the Intercessors I vowed first:

gallery_36568_17249_90310.jpg

Then, to keep the momentum going; Hellblasters and Ironclad

gallery_36568_17249_83203.jpg

gallery_36568_17249_31041.jpg

And a final Sons of Dorn Expansion completed vow shot:

gallery_36568_17249_161794.jpg

I will get another vow up tomorrow

Edited by Brother Argent

Dreadknight, Ahriman and Rubrics done, one week to get the ad mech guys done, now there is less on the table maybe I'll be able to stop putting them off... I enjoyed the skitarii, robots, dunecrawler, but am not enjoying the fiddly fragile infantry (ruststalkers and now sterilizors)

DK1

AH1

RM2

Vindicator is done, plugging away on the last two raptors

20220424-200907.jpg

20220424-200925.jpg

20220424-200936.jpg

Lovely Vindicator!

Very nice Paint sceme

One point of advice, looking at the large transfer on the dozer blade: gloss varnish before applying transfers. After drying the transfer reapply gloss varnish (before the transfer has totally dried) and when that's dry, a coat of matte varnish. This will help hide the glossy transfer paper.

Edited by Brother Carpenter

Vow Complete!

This took longer than anticipated - kept falling asleep at the painting table.
Maybe I'll wait for daytime shifts again before I paint more stuff. :ermm:

gallery_46204_9220_109848.jpg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
The Order of the Iron Tower does not require its sisters to undertake a vow of chastity; but they do have numerous stern rules about when, where, and most importantly, with whom 'physical relationships' are allowed.

Would-be suitors must pass numerous tests of piety, purity, loyalty, and courage before even being considered for a chance to participate in creating the next generation of His devout servants.

In rare cases, the usual rules are temporarily suspended in the aftermath of particularly fierce and close-fought battles. This is, however, no excuse for a sister to indulge in having multiple partners, as Sister Kiyo has now discovered, to her dismay.

To her credit, Kiyo has so far shown considerable courage, fervour and zealotry since taking up the mantle of Repentia, having not only survived, but acquitted herself ferociously in battle against the insidious Cult of the Burnt Rose during the battle of Einbech Hive.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

More (slightly blurry) pics in this spoiler tag:

gallery_46204_9220_63552.jpg
Showing off the slightly awkward join at the neck that thankfully isn't that visible at anything other than point-blank. :tongue.:

gallery_46204_9220_71606.jpg
Rushing headlong into the fray; that penance isn't going to achieve itself, you know.

gallery_46204_9220_38480.jpg
More slightly-out-of-focus charging. Apparently this sister is too quick for my camera to focus on.:laugh.:

For whatever reason my camera has had trouble actually focusing on stuff close-up lately, so I'm going to give that the old once-over.

Two Repentia (plus a Superior) and a single Seraphim remain, then my sisters are actually finished (for the time being)!
Four models away from moving on to my Scions and/or Eldar, the latter of whom will be mostly kitbashes of the new and old Guardian kits. I don't know which one I'm looking forward to more!:biggrin.:

EDIT:

Aw shucks, just spotted I got silver on her hands. Kiyo's going to be hitting the painting table for another touch-up, while I myself shall probably get paint on my fingers as penitence.

Edited by Ace Debonair

I'm going to cancel my 5 Black Sentinels- got too much going on to work on them and I need to complete my mostly-done Drukhari/Harlequin stuff. So for this month my completed models were- 6 Skopekh Destroyers, 5 Lychguard, 3 Necron Warriors, 2 Canoptek Plasmacytes, and 1 Luther-Pattern Excavation Automaton. 

No stress :thumbsup:

I've been waiting on some bits for my own What If? entry that haven't arrived yet...

After getting stomped by both a Drukhari/Harlequin list and a pure Harlequin list last weekend in a GT, it motivated me to finish up my evil elves and murder clowns. Luckily they are mostly finished, so I just have to do some secondary colors and basing. Not going to vow them, but I'll probably be vowing my full set of 21 Sentinels next month if I have the time.