=] The 12 Months of Hobby 2022 [=

Grotsmasha

Over in a Bug’s Life I vowed some stuff, given how little month there is left I think I will aim for 5 or so of the Devourgants for my May vow here, and leave the rest of the Bug’s life for next month.

Ok, for real now instead of accidentally vowing to early.

I vow 15 Termgants with Devourers at 6PL and 3 Venomthrope at 5PL.

gallery_29932_13875_12396.jpg

Edited by Trokair

I, Wolf Guard Einar , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of May pledge to complete 3 Outriders (Consecrated Blades), 5 Autobolter Intercessors (Ultramarines). by month's end.

If I finish these buy the middle of the month I'll add 5 Heavy Intercessors for my Ultramarine.

Right I have 2 Helmets left on my Heavy Inters (Arrive tomorrow shapeways order)

But my 5 Autobolter Intercessors and 5 Heavy Intercessors are done.

So to that end I have added Tiggles to the mix, with 8 days to go I think I can knock Tiggles out.

I, Wolf Guard Einar , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of May pledge to complete Chief Librarian Tiggles. by month's end.

20220525 110018

I'm a bit late to the party this month (real life, in the form of finally moving house, has been a little more time-hungry than usual recently). And with that in mind, May's vow is about as small as I can go whilst still retaining self-credability - it's a familiar.

biophagus

Yeah, just the familiar. Not the Biophagus. Next month I hope to get back to the heady heights of a single, human-sized model in 30-odd days, but for now, Brian the Familiar is holding the fort.

I, Rogue, vow to complete one GSC familiar before the end of May.

Just dropping in to confirm completion of my entire plodding along vow!

Then a Plodding Along vow, consisting of:

• Asuryani - Farseer Skyrunner (Completed FEB)
  • Asuryani - Spiritseer (Completed JAN)
  • Asuryani - Warlock (Completed JAN)
  • Asuryani - Bonesinger (Completed FEB)
  • Asuryani - Jain Zar (Completed MAR)
  • Asuryani - Illic Nightspear (Completed JAN)
  • Asuryani - Howling Banshees x5 (Completed MAR)
  • Asuryani - Wraithblades x5 (Completed FEB)
  • Asuryani - Support Platforms x2 (Completed MAY)
  • Asuryani - War Walker (Completed MAR)
  • Asuryani - Wraithlord (Completed MAY)

JANUARY - Warlock, Spiritseer, Illic Nightspear

And also crossed the Warlock, Spiritseer and "Illic Nightspear" off of my plodding along vow:

gallery_84244_17310_125410.jpg

FEBRUARY - Farseer Skyrunner, Bonesinger, Wraithblades

gallery_84244_17310_145878.jpg

gallery_84244_17310_43033.jpg

MARCH - Jain Zar, Howling Banshees, War Walker

During this month I also completed Jain Zar, Howling Banshees and War Walker from my plodding along vow:

gallery_84244_17310_165409.jpg

gallery_84244_17310_45807.jpg

New for MAY - Support Weapons, Wraithlord

gallery_84244_17310_31397.jpg

Jesus your doing great on your Plodding along. Keep it up man.

So I might have done it again, and finished my final battle sister without taking any "before" pictures: :wallbash:

gallery_46204_9220_71908.jpg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Sister Superior Viona of the Order of the Iron Tower is a rather well-known figure in the Glastheim Rifts, and especially popular with the pilgrims that follow the Order of the Iron Tower. Famed amongst the faithful for her gentle nature, impassioned, stirring speeches on Faith and Courage, and her almost ethereal beauty; where Viona goes, crowds of zealous pilgrims willingly follow.

In spite of her angelic good looks and gentle nature off the battlefield, Viona serves as a Superior for the Order's Repentia, and she is notoriously unforgiving with them, as well as a skilled and ferocious fighter who has dispatched countless of Mankind's enemies with her pious fury.

She has proven to be a lynchpin in the Order's battle-lines and has a storied history of victories under her belt, a clear sign that The Emperor himself favours Viona.

As such, the Order of the Iron Tower, and the members of the Church that work closely with it, have invested considerable resource into extending Viona's life - she is routinely given rejuvenat treatments to keep her young, healthy and beautiful, and any injuries she sustains - down to the smallest cuts or blemishes - are tended to by the finest medics the Order can muster.

So for over a hundred and ten years, pilgrims have flocked to see the "Angel of Repentance", and fight alongside her and her sisters.

Viona herself secretly disapproves of the needless vanity and constant rejuvenat treatments, but would never go against the will of the Ecclesiarchy.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

More pics in the spoiler below;

gallery_46204_9220_41393.jpg

gallery_46204_9220_227.jpg

That's it, the last of my battle sisters!
Another complete faction to go with my 'Nids and Orks. :biggrin.:
At least until I buy more models. :tongue.:

But I need to get to work on painting the rest of the stuff I own first.:sweat:

Due to the impending shutdown of the B&C for the Forum upgrade on May 30th (hopefully less than 2 weeks, maybe as long as 4....),

I'll be allowing all of June to report your May Completions.

I will also allow new pledges to be started whilst the site is down to still

allow a full month of working time for June.

Edited by Grotsmasha

Well it's going to be a close run thing to get finished by the end of the month after work exploded an archeotech stress bomb in my face late last week, so I think the 30th puts me right out.

As such here is my progress so far - Forgefiend and Skitarii are done, but the Grey Knight Purifiers still need final touch ups, shade and highlights on a lot of the base steel, weapon effects, the shade and highlight on the purifiers white helmets, Crowes cloak and more intimidatingly for the deadline, Crowe's banner... I guess I can steal back some time from the double bank holiday jubilee weekend and not be too far into June....

gallery_56701_17274_206523.jpg

gallery_56701_17274_39511.jpg

gallery_56701_17274_141731.jpg

Jumping in to the Royal Awakening Event, down in the Necrons Forum

Alrighty then, time to officially vow before I really forget (I assembled and painted a Royal Warden AND Imotekh within the challenge timeframe :wallbash: before vowing them....) I have no idea if these will qualify for the Scarab badges, but they were all purchased on the 15th of this month, so all built after that time.

I, Grotsmasha, pledge to the Sautekh Dynasty the following warriors; 1 Shard of the Deceiver, 1 Shard of the Nightbringer, 1 Shard of the Void Dragon, 5 Lychguard, 10 Immortals, 20 Warriors, and 6 Scarab bases for XX PL (No Codex, sorry :sad.: )

gallery_48988_17280_428.jpg

gallery_48988_17280_8609.jpg

gallery_48988_17280_62398.jpg

gallery_48988_17280_28402.jpg

gallery_48988_17280_91324.jpg

gallery_48988_17280_118851.jpg

and for those who'd like to see the Royal Warden and Imotekh,

gallery_48988_17280_221027.jpg

gallery_48988_17280_65699.jpg

Edited by Grotsmasha

I'm going to go ahead and do a large vow for July.

I, Lord_Ikka, vow to paint for the month of July ten Necron Warriors, 3 Canoptek Scarab bases, 5 Flayed Ones, 5 Triarch Praetorians, 1 Overlord w/res orb, 2 converted Plasmancers, and 1 converted Psychomancer.

Currently everything bar one Plasmancer and the Pyschomancer are in my possession, those two are shipping to me now.

6lvGiee.jpeg

lVWgTHG.jpeg

u6J6Yoo.jpeg

g49SyCR.jpeg

Finished my 5th Vanguard Veteran, which concludes my May vow"
med_gallery_105306_14251_152647.jpg

med_gallery_105306_14251_167753.jpgmed_gallery_105306_14251_1458531.jpgmed_gallery_105306_14251_313326.jpgmed_gallery_105306_14251_1691283.jpg

Thanks for the head's-up Grot! I'll try to vow somethingfor June soon then.

By the way, the metal facture on Imotekh is simply awesome! I love the beated look of it and the mixture of steel and copper :)

I, Wolf Guard Einar , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of June pledge to complete Guilliman (HH version) by month's end.

I am only pledging Guilliman at the moment as I am not sure how long he will take.

If I get him done fast enough I will probably do some HH Ultras or Infiltrators.

By the way, the metal facture on Imotekh is simply awesome! I love the beated look of it and the mixture of steel and copper :smile.:

I'm being helped a lot here by the Failcast quality, it made the effect much more pronounced than I even attempted to add. As a commission piece, I have to stop here, but there is more I'd like to do. I may even pick one up for myself one day to go the extra mile, just for myself.

Right, I finished my May vow!

May-Vow.jpg

As I anticipated, during summer months, I have less time for painting because of other things to do...

So I am not sure how much I will get done during June.

I also feel I need a bit of a break from Warhammer 40k.

So I ordered some figures from Scibor.

Most of his 40k stuff I don't like, I just do not think he can capture the Space Marine vibe.

However, most of his dwarves and his comedy stuff is top notch.

So yeah, I needed a change of scene and think I am going to do some Scibor comedy stuff for a change.

Scibor1.jpg

OK, lets see how this goes - this time an e-bay rescue mission:

I, Majkhel of the Blood Angels, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of June pledge to complete 1 Eradicator and 2 Eliminators for the glory of the Angel by month's end.

med_gallery_105306_14251_771893.jpg

Edited by Majkhel

I, Wolf Guard Einar , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of May pledge to complete 5 Heavy Intercessors, 5 Autobolter Intercessors (Ultramarines). by month's end.

Well just in time my vows are finished.

20220530 010946

Heavy Intercessor Squad XI of the IVth Company

20220530 011200

Intercessors (Autobolter) Squad III of the IVth Company

20220530 011127 JP MAIN

Chief Librarian Tigurius of the Ultramarines

20220530 011459

I went back to my Ancient to switch a few things. So better Bolt Rifle and Power Sword to cover all options.

I, Wolf Guard Einar , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of June pledge to complete 1 Storm Speeder. by month's end.

20220531 142603

I just cant get into painting Guilliman

Edited by Wolf Guard Einar

Hi,

Probably not going to make the deadline for my may vow, so I'm revowing 5 ass intercessors for june.

If I'm finished early I'll do something more for june.

Grt Rinke

No stress, just remember with the shut-down imminent, everyone has an extension for May :tu:

Well I was hoping to get my guys finished tonight but a unplanned ambulance trip to hospital with my youngest daughter changed that. She is alright now but I am still stuck an hour drive from home at midnight with no car waiting for my wife to come pick me up. Don't think I will feel like modelling when I get home

Family takes precedent over hobbying, and definitely here! Glad your daughter is OK, those trips are never fun.

I'm running a bit behind on my World Eaters (trying to find the right blue method before I start my first batch proper) but will try and post updates to the #bolterandchainsword tag on instagram* that apparently is a thing. Don't know what I'm going to do with myself with this place down for weeks! Probably be more productive...

* if I can find my old password!

Edited by Arkhanist

Here is my completed 12 Month Challenge for May:

May Challenge

So now I have an Archon, and the two Wych Cults he's sponsoring. This is my fifth consecutive month successfully completing a 12 Month Challenge- a total of 23 infantry models so far. My next challenge should be a Kabalite fire team. I'm also considering the Haemonculus and Lhamaean, and the Kymerae Pups (Classic Warp Beasts).

Either way, I won't be pledging til the weekend- I'm on vacation and I didn't bring models or paints. Going to swing by the local FLGS to see if I can pick up a mini as a vacation souvenir. Nothing too extravagant... It would be sweet if they happen to have a box of Wracks on the shelf, but I doubt it.