=] The 12 Months of Hobby 2022 [=

Grotsmasha

I, Boc, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of April pledge to complete a warpsmith, this Knight proxy, and the rapier quad mortar with crew I failed to complete in March by month's end.

Starting images:

Warpsmith

20220327-200402.jpg

Raptors x5 and Vindicator

20220407-213216.jpg

Mortar with crew

20220327-200352.jpg

Edited by Boc

April

I, Reclusiarch Jolemai , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of April pledge to complete 8x Terminators by month's end.

gallery_62972_9848_224557.jpeg

To do:

• Magnetise all weapon options on five of them
  • Paint all to completion

Breaking my usual bad habit and actually posting some WIP shots on the WIP forum....

Dreadknight legs and Ahriman's disc

APRwip1

And a representative sample of the flappy wings - all 5 done with bases and wings, though the wing support vanes need a bit of tidying up on the red.

APRwip2

Second veteran done - this time a Sergeant (for no particular reason)

med_gallery_105306_14251_462209.jpg

med_gallery_105306_14251_634654.jpgmed_gallery_105306_14251_136044.jpgmed_gallery_105306_14251_347446.jpgmed_gallery_105306_14251_275560.jpgmed_gallery_105306_14251_558655.jpg

3 more to go.
...forgive my dog's hair... already removed...:sweat:

@Boc, your Sons of Horus a stuff of nightmare with those bases!
@Halandar, really liking the alternate color scheme of those Reapers
@Dwango, loving the hue of those Wraithguard!

Plodding Along update 3/8

4/12 complete

3 "Daemonettes" complete

(Raging Heroes models, so NSFW)

gallery_62972_17279_517119.jpg

gallery_62972_17279_1108911.jpg

I have thought about getting some of the Raging Heroes models.

Some of them are awesome (I really miss the old metal demonettes, which were beautiful, different from these plastic abominations).

How do you rate them?

Are they easy to work with?

Or are they as much a resin clean-up horror as the Forgeworld models are?

Edited by Valkia the Bloody

Quite happy with them and I'm enjoying painting them now - having done Marines for ages, I think I've gotten over how dainty and fiddly they are in comparison. One of those that the more you paint the model, the more the detail pops out/is revealed...

They are a more brittle resin than FW and have a very different casting process. I've reviewed four of their products so far:

Back for April with another single model. This time, it's the Nexos (because I'm finally working through all the character models I hadn't previously gotten around to).

nexos

I, Rogue, vow to complete one Nexos before the end of April (and possibly before Thursday, but that's really pushing it).

The floating scanner table is currently glued to a piece of sprue for easier access to both the disc and the chap, so it'll all fit better when it's done. And he has blue arms because I forgot to take the photo sooner.

20220412 142901

Nearly finished, waiting for some transfers to arrive, then he can get varnished.

Redemptor Dreadnought Blasius - 3rd Dreadnought of the Ultramarines 4th Company.

Not sure if I will finish all my vow this month... Dreadnought took longer than expected and I have been busy work wise.

My friends, so much great stuff in this thread, I am out of likes. Sorry I have been AWOL from the forums, I got so embarrassed about my repeated failures on my pledge I just couldn't show my face around here. But I did want to show you, I did finally finish the pledge - was this from November 2021? Or even earlier?

gallery_93054_16876_2204.jpeg

These were the last four guys I needed for a legal Veteran Guardsman Kill Team. Here's the full team thanks to '12 Months of Hobby 2021'.

gallery_93054_16876_50219.jpeg

I did these in February - I even played a game with them. Since then I have been painting a little bit for Sigmar and have been building, stripping and priming for the 30k/40k universe, so hope to return to this thread soon. In the meantime, massive kudos to Grotsmasha for 2021 and running this again in 2022!

Going to vow a second time, hoping to get these done.

I, Lord_Ikka, vow to paint 1 Luther-Pattern Excavation Automa and 5 Black Sentinels (Necromunda Palanite Enforcers) for the month of April.

DcUMf5Q.jpeg

eaRsn1k.jpeg

mjz0tMK.jpeg

Edited by Lord_Ikka

My friends, so much great stuff in this thread, I am out of likes. Sorry I have been AWOL from the forums, I got so embarrassed about my repeated failures on my pledge I just couldn't show my face around here. But I did want to show you, I did finally finish the pledge - was this from November 2021? Or even earlier?

These were the last four guys I needed for a legal Veteran Guardsman Kill Team. Here's the full team thanks to '12 Months of Hobby 2021'.

I did these in February - I even played a game with them. Since then I have been painting a little bit for Sigmar and have been building, stripping and priming for the 30k/40k universe, so hope to return to this thread soon. In the meantime, massive kudos to Grotsmasha for 2021 and running this again in 2022!

NEVER be ashamed of trying, even if failing, Brother!

Your kill-team looks great! I like the intense blue visors. Lovely bases too :thumbsup:

Great to see them finished :tu: and my memory hasn't failed me (I actually reall the pledge without having to go and check), I'm going to go ahead and count them a Stubborn Completion.

Time to get my butt back into gear, I've been offered and accepted my first commission for 2022, for April (and probably May and June),

I, Grotsmasha, vow to paint; Syll'Esske, The Vengeful Allegiance, 10 Daemonettes, Inquisitor Coteaz, 3 Paragon Warsuits, 10 Adepta Sororitas, 1 Succubus, 10 Mandrakes.

Everything is to be bought, assembled and painted, so pics as I get them built. The Succubus is an already finished model that needs some alterations to fit with the previous commissioned pieces, namely darkening of the metals and armour, and paler skin.

This is the starting point for the Succubus,

gallery_48988_16869_27374.jpg

and the Daemonettes assembled,

gallery_48988_17280_20822.jpg