=] The 12 Months of Hobby 2022 [=

Grotsmasha

1 hour ago, andes said:

Ok, KT terrain done. Sorry for the self-indulgent pics, it just begs for someone to play war-dollies on it! pew-pew-pew WAAAAGH! :blush:

WcIAjRUl.jpg

BW9oyQjl.jpg

AuvIPy2l.jpg

5Y451zKl.jpg

FtoRev5l.jpg

The terrain is looking great! And your pictures do it justice.

This looks like something I would like to try for my own KT terrain.... something to aspire to. Thanks for sharing.

1 hour ago, Valkia the Bloody said:

The terrain is looking great! And your pictures do it justice.

This looks like something I would like to try for my own KT terrain.... something to aspire to. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks. It was very easy to do, give it a go and post some pics!

This has been a tough month, my friends. We're dealing with a death in the family, so my brain has been even more all over the place than is usual for me. 

As happens in these circumstances, though, my focus goes into two things: Work and The Hobby. To that end, I've been a very busy boy.

I've made A LOT of bases (I think something like ~25), painted another Chaos marine (with a tweaked scheme), and purchased Into the Dark because life is too short, and I like everything in the box. There will be a lot of terrain in my future. :tongue:

For now though, consider this my September vow, made and completed - the "before" pic will be in the spoiler below, along with a few other shots.

"The Emperor? He does not protect you, child. He sits silent on his gilded throne and does nothing. He did nothing when your crops failed. He did nothing when the winter came, and the so-called nobility began taking the food from your very tables and killing those who defied them. Now you sit in what was a palace built to an uncaring God, with your belly full and the heat of a roaring fire to comfort you. And why? Because the Great Gods sent us to you, in your hour of need. Because your people cried out, and the Gods answered. The Gods care about humanity. About you. Faith is your shield, little one, but ask yourself - who is more worthy of your faith?" - Tastark, Space Marine of the Blades of Atracia.

large.1190351296_TMOHSeptember3.jpg.2e6048e15a740c69aaadb4d26134a8a9.jpg.e85c945a8a960f8b99f2fcbfb1651a61.jpg

(The one on the left is my new model, and my new scheme, less Agrax, more Nuln oil, most visible on the backpack)

Spoiler

Another, slightly blurry shot of my two Blades:large.985976671_TMOHSeptember2.jpg.bbd5ee7c3100e8c8c9a09aba9c1c0b42.jpg.2862189907f20c6640972480b9fe6ec2.jpg

The before pic, complete with my experiments in Sigvald Burgundy:tongue::

large.1435494187_TMOHSeptember1.jpg.99e8acd04d4e51662126622a091bfcf5.thumb.jpg.b36331b6cd478b62806c924cd6c1110b.jpg

Also, I found the "before" pic for last month's vow, with a sneak peak for how the colours originally looked (purple trim, what was I thinking?:laugh:)

large.1641529_TMOHAugust1.jpg.012acc08590e50b214fd7d97c482aa96.thumb.jpg.1a75d73dd5e400fffe0a22d6b76b4c4e.jpg

Sorry to hear that @Ace Debonair, you have my condolences. 

My painting progress is still zero. Floors still not done so hobby area is blocked. And lighting in house is garbage for painting.... Plus I had a mishap and lost my :cuss: , I was pushing paint pots on my metal tray and ending up pushing a few paladins off the tray even though their bases were magnetized. Luckily they broke at glue points but still......:wallbash:

8 hours ago, Ace Debonair said:

This has been a tough month, my friends. We're dealing with a death in the family, so my brain has been even more all over the place than is usual for me. 

As happens in these circumstances, though, my focus goes into two things: Work and The Hobby. To that end, I've been a very busy boy.

I've made A LOT of bases (I think something like ~25), painted another Chaos marine (with a tweaked scheme), and purchased Into the Dark because life is too short, and I like everything in the box. There will be a lot of terrain in my future. :tongue:

For now though, consider this my September vow, made and completed - the "before" pic will be in the spoiler below, along with a few other shots.

Condolences also from me.

I played around with some of the bits floating around on my painting desk.

Just finished a few Servoskulls (either as objectives or maybe future members of my Inquistion Team).

305383712_ServoSkulls.jpg.1608306301f91cb6bf9a9bf127fe03e5.jpg

I also made a test on how I want my Space Hulk (Into the Dark) bases to look on my Kill Teams. I will add some further rust and / or blood and gore. But this is my general idea:

1955395192_SpaceHulkBases.jpg.b374d5d7ce6c6565281835a4d0760d0f.jpg

I also will try and paint up a few more bodies for my Inquisition Team, but not sure if I will make it before September ends:

910863436_InquisitionWIP2809.jpg.796eb11fecd2ef6601bef94d565c490a.jpg

Going to go ahead and vow for October, since I won't be getting anything done painting-wise for the next few days.

I,Lord_Ikka, vow to paint for the month of October the following-

1 Ordo Zenos Inquisitor (Mental Heath challenge model)

1 Ordo Astartes Inquisitor

1 Veneum Assassin count-as

2 Ordo Astartes kill-team veterans

Ordo Zenos Inquisitor 

iNFVpaX.jpeg

From left, kill-team vets, Inquisitor, Assassin

VZ0X5yO.jpeg

September Summary

gallery_48988_15094_4206.png gallery_48988_15094_4287.png gallery_48988_15094_4149.png gallery_48988_15094_3889.png gallery_48988_15094_1243.png gallery_48988_15094_7031.png

Ace Debonair (Artificer)

andes (Artificer, Seriously)

Boc (Artificer, Seriously)

Brother Argent (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

Brother Captain Arkley (WGE (Artificer, Seriously)

Cleon (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

Dwango (Artificer, Last Minute, Stubborn, Seriously)

Grotsmasha (Artificer, Seriously, Stubborn)

guardian31 (Artificer, Seriously)

Jolemai (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

Lord Ikka (Artificer, Seriously)

Majkhel (Artificer, Seriously)

Rogue (Artificer, Seriously)

Trokair (Artificer, Last Minute)

Valkia the Bloody (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

gallery_48988_15094_3505.png

Arkhanist 

gallery_48988_15094_4025.png

This month saw two groups of Terminators battle it out for my pick, and although I am biased to the 1st Legion, Dwango's Dark Angels Terminators were beaten out by Majkhels amazing Cataphractii.

large.1164311883_Cataphractiiall.jpg.1a4

Edited by Grotsmasha

Skip to a month...

October

gallery_48988_15094_7480.png

The following award badges are up for grabs this month,

gallery_48988_15094_6313.png gallery_48988_15094_2696.png gallery_48988_15094_7348.png gallery_48988_15094_3721.png gallery_48988_15094_1620.png gallery_48988_15094_6378.png gallery_48988_15094_6142.png

There is also a badge for those who wish to make a pledge for years end, a slow burn model or project to work on through out the year,

gallery_48988_15094_1911.png

and for those who don't complete their pledge this month,

gallery_48988_15094_4604.png

There are Bronze, Silver, and Gold versions of these badges to be awarded to those who earn the same badge multiple times. There is also a Platinum version of each badge available to anyone who earns the same badge for all 12 months, even the Next Month badge :wink: .

Participating

Vowed, No pic

Vowed, with pic

Complete

List of Participants

Ace Debonair -

andes - 12 KT Kroot Kinband (Artificer, Seriously, Stubborn)

Aeternus -  

Anticontrarian -  

Arkhanist -  

Arkothosius - 

Boc - 1 War Dog (Speed Daemon), 4 Legionaires w/Missile Launcher, 5 Destroyers (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

Brother Argent - 1 Overlord, 10 Warriors, 3 Scarab Swarms (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

Brother Carpenter - 

Brother Captain Arkley (WGE) - 1 Invictor Warsuit, 1 Phobos Librarian (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

Cleon - 1 Librarian, 5 Purifiers, 10 Tzaangors, 1 Sorcerer (30k Ahriman), 1 Tech Priest, 1TechnoArchiologist, 3 Kataphrons, 6 HH Cataphractaii (Artificer, Seriously)

consriptboris - 

Custom Hero - 

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch - 4 Scouts, 5 Armour though the Ages (Seriously)

Danny Cyanide - 

Doobles88 - 

Dwango - 4 Apothecaries, 5 Tartaros Terminators, Farith Redloss, 10 Breachers, 1 Moritat (Counts-as Lord Cypher), 10 Destroyers, 5 Assault Destroyers, 5 Seekers, 1 Volkite Moritat (Artificer, Seriously)

Etheneus -  

Focslain - 

Gribbles - 

Grotsmasha - 21 Terrain pieces, 2 Drukhari Reapers, 1 Voidraven Bomber, Syll 'Eskke  (Artificer, Seriously)

guardian31 - 1 Psychomancer (Artificer)

Halandaar - 

Heraclite - 

Jackalwolf -

Jaipii - 

Jolemai - Astorath the Grim, 4 Firstborn (Artificer, Last Minute, Seriously)

Lamebeard - 

Lord Ikka - 1 HH Word Bearer (Speed Daemon), 1 Ordo Zenos Inquisitor (Mental Heath challenge model), 1 Questoris Knight, 1 Armiger Warglaive (Speed Daemon)1 Ordo Astartes Inquisitor, 1 Veneum Assassin count-as, 2 Ordo Astartes kill-team veterans (Artificer, Seriously)

Llygos_Tyrant - 

Majkhel - 2 Intercessors, 1 Intercessors (Artificer, Last Minute)

Magat the Cursed - 

Miek - 

Rogue - 2 Neophytes (Artificer)

Shard of Magnus - 

sibomots - 

Skywrath -  

Slaves to Darkness -

Slyen -  

Tawnis - 

toaae -  

the_balloon_dog - 

TheBlackPumpkin - 

ThePenitentOne - 

TPS - 

Trokair - 2 AT Valkyries (Artificer, Plodding Along)

Valkia the Bloody - 7 Pipe Terrain, 32 Into the Dark Terrain, 13 Navy Breachers

war009 -

Wolf Guard Einar - (See Brother Captain Arkley)

Youngwolf7 - 

Challenge+

What If?

Arkhanist - GSC Hybrids => Chapter Armsmen - Datasheet / Model

Custom Hero - The Living Saint => Deathwatch - Datasheet / Model

Danny Cyanide - Plasma Inceptors => Orks - Datasheet / Model

Grotsmasha - Assault Intercessors => Tau Blade Warrior Battlesuits - Datasheet / Model

Lord Ikka - Inquisition Black Sentinals - Datasheet / Model

ThePenitentOne - Primogenitor Kill Teams - Datasheet / Model

TPS - Tyranid Harpy => Chaos Knights - Datasheet / Model

Trokair - Bladeguard Veterans => Tau - Datasheet / Model

Valkia the Bloody - Hex Mark Destroyer => Chaos - Datasheet / Model

war009 - Space Marine Scouts => Grey Knight Squires - Datasheet / Model

Plogging Along Pledges for 2022

Brother Argent - 2 Ryza Pattern Sprues, Thermic Plasma Conduits, 2 Thermic Plasma Regulators, 2 Haemotrope Reactors, Alchomite Stack, Imperial Objectives, Galvannic Servo Haulers and Crane, Galvannc Magnavent, 3 Ruined Buildings, 1 Fuel Pipe, Thermo Exchanger Shrine, Aegis Defence Line

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch 4 Scouts (Dawn Blades), 5 Armour Through the Ages (Celestial Axes, DIY legion project) (OCT), 5 Necron Immortals, 10 converted Flayed Ones, 4 Assault Marines (Dawn Blades), 4 Assault Intercessors (Dawn Blades), 1 Company Veteran (Dawn Blades), 1 Tactical Marine (Dawn Blades), 1 Assault Intercessor (Omega Cohort), 1 Assault Intercessor (Thunder Coyotes), 5 Armour Through the Ages (Celestial Axes, DIY legion project)

Dwango - 20 HH Dark Angels Legionaires (JUL), 1+ 30K Dark Angels

Focslain - WH40k Collection: Imperium

Grotsmasha - Indomitus Necrons

Halandaar - 1 Spiritseer, 1 Warlock, Illic Nightspear (JAN), 1 Farseer Skyrunner, 1 Bonesinger, 5 Wraithblades (FEB), Jain Zar, 5 Howling Banshees, 1 War Walker, (MAR), 2 Support Platforms, Wraithlord (MAY)

Jolemai - 1 Daemonette Champion (proxy) (MAR), 3 Daemonettes (proxy) (APR), 3 Daemonettes (proxy) (MAY), 3 Daemonettes (proxy) (JUN), 2 Heralds of Slaanesh (proxy) (SEP), 1 Zarakynel (proxy)

Lord Ikka - 15 Necron Warriors, 3 Skorpekh Destroyers, 1 Plasmacyte, 1 Necron Overlord, 3 Scarab bases, 5 Flayed Ones, 1 Triarch Stalker, 1 Heavy Lohkust Destroyer, 1 Canoptek Doomstalker, 3 Canoptek Wraiths, 10 Immortals, 5 Triarch Praetorians, 5 Lychguard, Grohh'Yod the Bleak-Host (Nightbringer counts-as), 9 Assault Intercessors, 3 Aggressors, 1 Phobos Librarian, 1 Impulsor, 2 Victrix Guard, 16 Black Sentinels of the Adeptus Astra Telepathica (Palanite Enforcers/Subjugators), Luther-pattern Ambot (JUN)

Llygos_Tyrant - 1,000pts Firstborn Ultramarines, 1,000pts Iron Warriors, 1,500pts Necrons

Magat the Cursed - 1,000pts Necrons

Shard of Magnus - Horus the Warmaster, Maloghurst, 1 Praetor, 1 Contemptor Dreadnought, 9 Outriders, 6 Jetbikes, and 2 Sicarans

Slyen - 1/2 Battle Company

toaae - 6 Adepta Sororitas (JAN), 6 Adepta Sororitas, 2 Mortifiers, 1 Exorcist, 9 Repentia, 1 Repentia Superior, 5 Seraphim (or Zephyrim, I don't know yet), 1 Morvenn Vahl

TPS - 1 Reaver Titan (JUN)

Trokair - 2 AT Valkyries (OCT)

Valkia the Bloody - 13 KT Navy Breachers (OCT), KT Kroot Kinband

war009 - Ordo Malleus Inquisitor (JAN), 1 Servo-skull, 1 Priest, 3 Alcolytes (JUL), 2 Alcolytes

Participants on the Randomizer List

Edited by Grotsmasha

Finished this guy last night, so just in time. Tried out Kroxigor Scales for the first time and really liked how it came out, just tiding up mistakes is a pain when the main colour is contrast, so slightly more blotchy in places then I would have liked. Will defiantly use it again for something.

large.1373805550_SakalFin.png.06c3664cbe

For October I am entering BCK vehicle change. Got to work on my AI plodding along vow at some point this year.

Spoiler

31 minutes ago, Trokair said:

Time to commit to this then. I had intended to paint my AI Fire raptors for this, as they have remained unpainted since I built them, but as this is a build and paint challenge I guess it will have be something else.  Found some AI Valkyries to build, so there time has come, and as they are Guard rather than Navy I can paint them however I want as they don’t have to match my other imperial AI forces. Will probably do one as a Vendetta and one normal.

I, Trokair, pledge to build and paint two Aeronautica Imperialis Valkyries for the Vehicle Challenge on or before October 15, 2022.

Starting Pic

large.1780864913_BCKVBChallengestart.JPG

I really need to get some structure into my painting projects....

sadly, as a sufferer from ADHD, this is much harder than expected. My attention span is all over the place.

I think committing to a project on here and working on a vow will hopefully help me along!

I have been wanting to paint terrain for a long time, but it will be a real challenge to keep my attention up for it. I think I need to balance it out and alternate between working on terrain and on actual Kill Team models.

Therefore, working on the new Kill Team box will be a real personal challenge, just to see if I can keep myself focused and actually finish something before starting something new. To help me along through the painting, I have a whole pile of audiobooks in my backlog (for example the Audible "Sandman" audiobook), so hopefully, that keeps up my enjoyment and focus.

So for October, I, Valkia the Bloody,  pledge to finish painting my Inquisition Team (maybe even coming up with more backstory and some house rules) and for the coming months, I pledge to paint up a Kill Team of Navy Breachers and a Kroot Kinband, as well as the Space Hulk terrain (plus a few bits of other terrain that I got of Ebay for half price, but I will paint it the same way so it all fits together). I think alternating between models/ terrain might be the better way than committing to painting all terrain at once and then losing steam half-way through!

I will at least try to stay focused and not start anything "New, shiny!" before I at least attempted to finish this. Hopefully, this will also bring my attention back to all the unpainted models on my shelf, Chaos as well as Imperial, that have been sitting there for ages.

Wish me luck!

1435958544_Vow1.jpg.8643ecfc0799fd85840ea4563eabfe29.jpg

Vow2.jpg.46c3a48b73eae28d33aff12a25f91a36.jpg

158032154_Gelnde3.jpg.10329bfc9b58244f246f5df740826bbd.jpg

I've been putting this one off as I got the Skitarii done and the Emperors Children were nearly done, so waited, then the same for the Grey knights, then the Thousand sons and now it's almost two weeks later...

Anyway, September complete, 5 Skitarii, 5 Grey knight Strikes, Tzaangor Shamen, 5 Rubrics and a EC Tactical squad:

image.thumb.jpeg.3c6fa6739404339bab4e3f8dfcaab255.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.12b2804815874ea2002554b45a1bd45d.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.1ec85d850e790813603c46878bbe7eaf.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.86c63e28c592d188f1f12d577fd97b5c.jpeg

Now to start building things for October...