JoyToy 40k - compilation (updated Jan 4, 2022)

I assume this has been commented on already, but the Blood Angels Veterans look like the first JT figures I've seen not based on available models. Given that they have the "Primaris" greave features and scale, I think we can assume this is an upcoming kit when the BA codex drops. 

17 hours ago, Amocat said:

I assume this has been commented on already, but the Blood Angels Veterans look like the first JT figures I've seen not based on available models. Given that they have the "Primaris" greave features and scale, I think we can assume this is an upcoming kit when the BA codex drops. 

Maybe, but maybe not. All the extra details, as far as I can see are taken directly from the still available upgrade set. So it might just be some uncharacteristic creative freedom granted by GW. There's also a non-official picture on page ten that shows one ultramarine hidden amongst others with a shield that I've only ever seen like that from a third party bits sculptor.

16 minutes ago, Nephaston said:

Maybe, but maybe not. All the extra details, as far as I can see are taken directly from the still available upgrade set. So it might just be some uncharacteristic creative freedom granted by GW. There's also a non-official picture on page ten that shows one ultramarine hidden amongst others with a shield that I've only ever seen like that from a third party bits sculptor.

It's the same for all the Space Wolf ones too 

7 hours ago, Nephaston said:

The upgrade set chest pieces aren't Primaris scale, and while its possible that GW let this one set through, but I think it's likely that we're seeing these before the models has something to do with production issues on GWs side and the delayed release of the "Primaris" BA, while Joytoy was already producing/shipping. We'll know soon enough, either these will be part of the BA release, or they won't. I'm betting we see them down the road.

2 hours ago, Amocat said:

The upgrade set chest pieces aren't Primaris scale, and while its possible that GW let this one set through, but I think it's likely that we're seeing these before the models has something to do with production issues on GWs side and the delayed release of the "Primaris" BA, while Joytoy was already producing/shipping. We'll know soon enough, either these will be part of the BA release, or they won't. I'm betting we see them down the road.

I'm pretty sure they're just made up of parts from across the current BA range, same goes for SW. If they had access to BA designs that still haven't been released, they probably would have had the new deathwing too but have only just released old style deathwing 

• 2 weeks later...