Upcoming BL Stuff - 2022

The coming soon section has had, dare I say it, a truly substantial update. January and February both look packed with releases. Good job by BL, seems they’ve gotten their schedule back in order.

There’s updates for AOS, 40k, the HH, and Horror.

January:

Twice Dead King: Reign in both SE and hardback

The Triumph of St. Katherine LE

Day of Ascension in hardback

Krieg by Steve Lyons in hardback

The Book of Martyrs in paperback

Masters of the Hunt, a White Scars omnibus in paperback

The Bookkeeper’s Skull in hardback

February:

Sigismund: The Eternal Crusader LE

Pariah in paperback

The Successors in hardback

Xenos Illustrated Edition LE

Astorath hardback

Cadian Blood readers choice edition in paperback

Saturnine in paperback

https://www.warhammer-community.com/blacklibrarycomingsoon/

Likely to pick up:

Day of Ascension

Bookkeeper's Skull ( I havent picked up any horror so far cause thats not my genre at all , but this looks interesting)

Sigismund LE

Possible pick ups:

Xenos Limited Edition

Cadian Blood reprint

Successors ( if its new stories)

Krieg

Astorath I already have the LE.

Edited by Taliesin

Hallelujah!!!!

Where did Steve Lyons’ Krieg pop up from? First I heard of that?

There was an image of the cover art in an email from BL, and the back cover blurb and German title are on Amazon.de right now. Blacklibrarium on Twitter first noticed it last month.

Hail!

Some interesting titles for sure! That Peter Fehervari is coming with a new story - regardless of length - is fantastiic! I will be picking it up the moment it comes as an e-short, as I won't be buying an entire anthology just for one story. Now, if it was an anthology consisting solely of P.F. stories, that would be a very different matter!

Otherwise I will probably pick up the Krieg hardback, as I have always enjoyed the other Krieg stories from Steve Lyons...and I willl certainly be aiming to bag the Sigismund LE, as I have both Valdor and Luther in LE as well. Always a nerve wracking hour, trying to get those books!

Cheers,

Master Ciaphas

Wait, did BL spy on us and decided to adapt accordingly? ;)

Quite a lot intriguing stories coming quite sooner than I expected.

- Reign

- Successors (It does sound like it feature new stories)

- Day of Ascension

- Sigismund

Will be my personal must reads of that list.

Rest, I'll wait for reviews and such before getting them. :D

I think these are special cases where the book just ended up so big, they decided to restructure and do a two-parter instead, which wasn't originally commissioned or pitched. It certainly beats scrapping fun plot points, though.

It's possible, though it being done twice very recently makes me think otherwise. Only time will tell I suppose

I think these are special cases where the book just ended up so big, they decided to restructure and do a two-parter instead, which wasn't originally commissioned or pitched. It certainly beats scrapping fun plot points, though.

It's possible, though it being done twice very recently makes me think otherwise. Only time will tell I suppose

I believe Crowley acknowledged going long on what was originally one book and ending up with two in the acknowledgments of TDK, but I don’t have it on me. I’ll check later today. No idea about Urdesh, but it very much reads as one book chopped in two.

Nate mentioned that in one of the interviews "Originally, this story was intended as a single book, with two distinct halves to its plot. But a larger tale soon became apparent."

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/09/15/how-the-twice-dead-king-series-offers-deep-insights-into-the-madness-of-the-necron-mind/

Happy to see the Coming Soon section updated finally. There are a few books I'd like to get.

Edited by theSpirea

Well that's more like it, an updated coming soon by BL. What a bizarre coincidence!

I'm very happy about Day of Ascension, was surprised it didn't show up on BL live with it being a brand new established author.

The bookkeepers skull sounds very interesting and it's warhammer horror 40k which has me doubly intrigued.

Without sound too pessimistic, heres to hoping they keep the coming soon updated regularly for 2022.

Is TDK Reign coming out before the paperback of Ruin? Because I missed the hardback of Ruin but I’ve heard good things so now I might have to buy the second in hardback before I’ve even read the first…

Is TDK Reign coming out before the paperback of Ruin? Because I missed the hardback of Ruin but I’ve heard good things so now I might have to buy the second in hardback before I’ve even read the first…

The paperback of Ruin is listed for August 2022 (9781800261891). 

Looks like TDK: Reign and the Bookkeeper’s Skull are both available to order on January 8th according to Fnac:

https://www.fnac.com/e65968/Black-Library?SFilt=1!34

It says the 15th because Fnac goes by the street date which is a week later. Slightly silly that to get an exact preorder date I need to go look on a random French retailer’s website, but I suppose that’s par for the course these days.

Description of Catachan Devil by Justin Woolley:

‘When Colonel Haskell ‘Hell Fist’ Aldalon and the Catachan 57th Jungle Fighters arrive on the quagmire world of Gondwa VI, they find it locked in the grip of an ever-growing greenskin threat. Rather than shoring up the meagre defences, they instead elect to go on the offensive and retake Outpost Four… but are saddled with the barely trained Trooper Torvin of the Skadi Second Infantry, sole survivor of its fall.

As the Astra Militarum and orks clash and Colonel Aldalon comes to terms with the costs of victory, Torvin finds himself as much at risk from the Jungle Fighters who suspect him of cowardice as he is from the vile xenos… unless he can pass through this trial by fire and earn the respect of the Catachan Devils.’

Sounds very typical of the Catachan fiction I’ve read before, with an outsider trying to meet their standards and giving a view of just how capable the Catachans are. Nice to see the return of lower stakes war stories like this.

Simon and Schuster has it for March 29th but they’re usually off by a few weeks: https://catalog.simonandschuster.com/TitleDetails/TitleDetails.aspx?cid=1440&isbn=9781800261303&FilterByName=Season&FilterBy=15&FilterVal=Spring+2022&ob=46&pn=1&ed=&showcart=N&camefrom=&find=&a=

Edited by cheywood

Some dates are showing up for books from the preview stream. 

815+QLQCBIL._AC_UY218_.jpg

71eDbfUVSML._AC_UY218_.jpg

71ca06gf20L._AC_UY218_.jpg

Looks like all 3 of these will be out end of April through GW and a bit later on Amazon as usual.

Considering that Huron Blackheart and Throne of Light regular editions release simultaneously with their special editions, that means these books are quite some months off.

Sigismund's LE comes out in February.

Interesting interview, IMO he doesn't come across as overly engaged with the setting - although I may be mistaken and I appreciate that it's a sweeping statement to make based on a small text-based interview. 

I wonder who pitched to who for this novel?!  

Edited by Ubiquitous1984