Upcoming BL Stuff - 2022

On 12/9/2022 at 11:45 PM, Ubiquitous1984 said:

Speaking of advent calendar.  Has anyone read any of the stories yet?  Any decent ones?

Also.  What happened to the physical advent calendars that they usually sell with artwork inside?

Aria Arcana by Fehervari. Might not be everyone’s cup of tea but I thought it was superb.

4 hours ago, DukeLeto69 said:

Aria Arcana by Fehervari. Might not be everyone’s cup of tea but I thought it was superb.

I feel it loses 90% of its attraction if you haven't read both Requiem Infernal and The Reverie.  Most Fehervari stories have a fair amount of "I don't know what's going on" to them, but Aria Arcana would definitely leave someone completely lost.

18 hours ago, Jareddm said:

I feel it loses 90% of its attraction if you haven't read both Requiem Infernal and The Reverie.  Most Fehervari stories have a fair amount of "I don't know what's going on" to them, but Aria Arcana would definitely leave someone completely lost.

Well to be fair, its does say in the blurb that its a companion piece to Requiem Infernal.

37 minutes ago, chevalierdulys said:

Can I ask, what should be read first? Requiem infernal or the reverie?

As DukeLeto said, I'd recommend cults of the Spiral Dawn, then RI, then Reverie. Or just read RI and then Reverie. And if they tickle your fancy, well then...

There's a great article by Track of Words about the madness that is the Dark Coil:

https://www.trackofwords.com/2020/10/31/a-travellers-guide-to-the-dark-coil/

Also we have a thread on this subforum, that is a lot of rambling and theories about the coil too!

Enjoy?

4 hours ago, DukeLeto69 said:

A couple of years off for sure, but I wonder if the Amazon/GW/Vertigo/Henry Cavill team up will result in Black Library novelisations of series/films?

I see a lot of debate about which books or series they’ll adapt but I think it’ll more likely be this way round- an original story feels much more likely, but a novelisation of that could be interesting.

11 hours ago, DukeLeto69 said:

A couple of years off for sure, but I wonder if the Amazon/GW/Vertigo/Henry Cavill team up will result in Black Library novelisations of series/films?

Down the road a bit if it happens.  It will depend on how much success they have with their initial product imho.

They could try Eisenhorn? We know from what Cavill was reading ravenor  a couple of months ago. Who knows.. Probably way difficult BUT with money everything is possible...

Warhammer 40K is a very grimdark place and not all people enjoy grimdark stuff. Look at fantasy with Abercrombie, Lawrence among others... Not all people can relate with their works or characters so if they they all way grimdark, it's going to be difficult making appealing to general public. 

To be honest I am confused who are they trying to appeal, is it only already fans?  Or other people as well? Look at Witcher gain a lot of notority but you had book fans and game fans, then you also appeal fantasy fans... (not going to talk about wheel of time & LOTR because those in my opinion appeal the wrong fanbase and I don't think they have any pretention of changing the world of fantasy)...

What GW will do, probably knwowing the movie/series are going to feature X or Y - they will start marketing that, expect more new armies from that plus books. I am not worried that the lore will change that much because GW doesn't want that for now- unless they start making female space marines - after all they included primaris from their asses why not female focus stuff. 

Oh wel, in 10 years we will laugh and say - well it was expected.

So it seems both SoT and DoF will be on preorder at the same day(according to amazon).

I did contact GW support to ask if its possible to merge orders after chechking out, because i would prefer to order SoT LE first,they did say its impossible, as well i did ask if there's an option to select fast shipment as default option(im outside of UK, and local post can take months), the anwser was negative again.

I guess it will be a stresfull 7 minutes and probably i would miss some of the books:confused:

Coming Soon page updated for Jan & Feb, though nothing new announced that wasn't already known - other than Blackhearts joining the 40K universe (presumably the War Com intern saw the gun on the cover and took a punt).

https://www.warhammer-community.com/blacklibrarycomingsoon/

Armageddon SE in January.

25 minutes ago, skylerboodie said:

Coming Soon page updated for Jan & Feb, though nothing new announced that wasn't already known - other than Blackhearts joining the 40K universe (presumably the War Com intern saw the gun on the cover and took a punt).

https://www.warhammer-community.com/blacklibrarycomingsoon/

Armageddon SE in January.

And they’ve arbitrarily left out the Celebration releases, making February look incredibly sparse for those casual fans that aren’t checking everything. It’s not like the books are a secret, they were revealed at the Preview. The Celebration’s always the last week of February, and online stores already list TEatD and Iron Kingdom for release around that time. Yet another puzzling decision to forgo clear communication. 

To be honest never really pay attention to BL coming soon but is this it OR do they usually include a special edition a new hardcover? Usuallly I bought via bookdepository since they are cheper but only like two months enter the hardcover/special edition world. But I don't remember per example seeing Karskin or Outgunned... maybe didn't pay 100% attention.

4 hours ago, OpossumStrong said:

So it seems both SoT and DoF will be on preorder at the same day(according to amazon).

SoT - Siege of Terra? You mean https://www.amazon.es/-/pt/gp/product/1800261209/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_2?smid=A1AT7YVPFBWXBL&psc=1 ? I do think they will be cheapear, as you can see most books are cheaper. unless you want a special edition you can order on a GW store. Don't know if they preorder for you?

You can already purchase via amazon.  Btw - what is DoF? 

21 minutes ago, chevalierdulys said:

SoT - Siege of Terra? You mean https://www.amazon.es/-/pt/gp/product/1800261209/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_2?smid=A1AT7YVPFBWXBL&psc=1 ? I do think they will be cheapear, as you can see most books are cheaper. unless you want a special edition you can order on a GW store. Don't know if they preorder for you?

You can already purchase via amazon.  Btw - what is DoF? 

DoF -Dawn of fire, i know it's not that popular.

Yeah im ordering special editions for those books, got them all for now, but two at the same day, its really frustrating. I checked amazon as well, both up to order 28 feb.

2 minutes ago, OpossumStrong said:

DoF -Dawn of fire, i know it's not that popular.

Yeah im ordering special editions for those books, got them all for now, but two at the same day, its really frustrating. I checked amazon as well, both up to order 28 feb.

You might already know this but just an FYI for those who don’t - The actual preorder date for the Special Editions will likely be the 25th of February. Amazon releases new books on Tuesday (like most US retailers I think?) but GW does Saturday preorders for all their products. 

34 minutes ago, chevalierdulys said:

To be honest never really pay attention to BL coming soon but is this it OR do they usually include a special edition a new hardcover? Usuallly I bought via bookdepository since they are cheper but only like two months enter the hardcover/special edition world. But I don't remember per example seeing Karskin or Outgunned... maybe didn't pay 100% attention.

The coming soon page is updated according to whatever logic BL sees fit. Sometimes they leave off products, sometimes they don’t. In this specific case they’re leaving David Guymer’s Angron novel off, probably because it releases the same day as the new World Eaters in late January, and they’re leaving out the BL Celebration novels like The End and The Death. 

2 minutes ago, cheywood said:

You might already know this but just an FYI for those who don’t - The actual preorder date for the Special Editions will likely be the 25th of February. Amazon releases new books on Tuesday (like most US retailers I think?) but GW does Saturday preorders for all their products. 

Yeah, im ordering from GW website for years now, just waiting for their confirmation that both of the books will be up to preorder at the same day, that would be awful,ill try to get them both, yet im preparing myself to miss one book :confused:

That's why I think they made a mistake changing their value of postages from 50 to 100. If you had like 4 different books per week/month and you could buy before it would be cool. But paying postages of 12€ for a paper novel - so 12.5€ should be a crime; and paying 12€ for a hardcover 25€ is prohibitive. 

So unless you are purchasing a SE + HC  (even that may be less than 100€. Oh well, nothing to do.. just complaining a bit.

They finally acknowledged the omnibuses that have been available for preorder on Amazon and co for months. And they even managed to list the Blackhearts omnibus under Warhammer 40,000 AND Other Titles. It's WHFB.

Definitely picking up the Unholy omnibus, though. Strange that it's the only Horror title they included, considering they announced two more (anthology and Murghast 3) alongside it. Will be nice to finally have those short novels in print, since I didn't want to buy them in hardback and mess up my collection.