Dire Wolf Heavy Scout Titan

Joe

Gosh, I went from very excited seeing the headline to not that excited when seeing the picture to not excited at all when seeing it will be FW, hence resin, hence extremely expensive ... Maybe a 360° view will improve how I feel about its look but, for now, it is not my cup of tea.

Also very curious as to its poseability, it looks extremely static. This said, it should not be difficult to swap those static legs and ugly feet for the ones of the plastic warhounds.

I hope this one is resin because they are working on something much more grandiose in plastic (I don't mean grandiose in terms of size ...).

D'aawww! That thing is less 'Dire Wolf' and more 'French Bulldog'! Gotta admire the idea that a Warhound pack, sneaking around and trying to be stealthy while spotting the enemy might need A) More firepower, and B) Wouldn't look to a bigger titan for that firepower.

I like it, it just suits the WH40K setting so well.

I think I'd prefer it with a different head. The Warhound head is a very distinct part of the scout titan profile but this just looks tacked on, I thought it was a conversion at first glance.

I think the head is part of what’s making it look a bit too goofy to me too. It works on the more menacing frame of the Warhound but it just looks a bit silly here. 

D'aawww! That thing is less 'Dire Wolf' and more 'French Bulldog'! Gotta admire the idea that a Warhound pack, sneaking around and trying to be stealthy while spotting the enemy might need A) More firepower, and :cool.: Wouldn't look to a bigger titan for that firepower.

To me, it looks like someone 40k-ified a Dire Wolf from Battletech. They even kept the name! :D

It's such a good little boy. I hope the legs are poseable!

D'aawww! That thing is less 'Dire Wolf' and more 'French Bulldog'! Gotta admire the idea that a Warhound pack, sneaking around and trying to be stealthy while spotting the enemy might need A) More firepower, and :cool.: Wouldn't look to a bigger titan for that firepower.

To me, it looks like someone 40k-ified a Dire Wolf from Battletech. They even kept the name! :D

It's such a good little boy. I hope the legs are poseable!

With a jewellery saw, pins and glue, anything is poseable.

That has to be one of the cutest things I have ever seen :wub:

Reminds me of an animated emoji, gonna get me some of these just to paint up. Its so smol!!

Oooh, this could be fun, I may resurrect my plan for a cameleoline titan cloak with an urban camo.

I read that as Camomile at first and got really confused. 

I'm glad people like it, as the more people who support the game the better. I do have an amusing anecdote mind...

an ex girlfriend of mine whom I'm still friends (that's funny enough as is!) was shown this pic by me and she confirmed it reminds her of a chicken. :teehee:

Reminds me of an animated emoji, gonna get me some of these just to paint up. Its so smol!!

Oooh, this could be fun, I may resurrect my plan for a cameleoline titan cloak with an urban camo.

My Warhounds are very calm creatures.

Liking it may be good, but how many are actually going to buy it at close to Warlord prices if its resin :sad.:

I was hoping it would be about the same as the Asterius? They're about the same size as a warhound.

I can see two being my absolute limit. Maniple support is another issue, if they can simply take the place of a warhound, that's fine, if they need new maniples, then that will govern numbers.

If they're auxiliary only, that would be laaaaaaaaame!

My Warhounds are very calm creatures.

Liking it may be good, but how many are actually going to buy it at close to Warlord prices if its resin :sad.:

I was hoping it would be about the same as the Asterius? They're about the same size as a warhound.

I can see two being my absolute limit. Maniple support is another issue, if they can simply take the place of a warhound, that's fine, if they need new maniples, then that will govern numbers.

If they're auxiliary only, that would be laaaaaaaaame!

Oh god no. The Asterius is on a 60mm base, the Warhound (and presumably this) are on 80mm bases, and this looks chunkier than a Warhound. I reckon £55 at least in resin.