Boc's All Chaos, All the Time (Warpsmith, BoN 2, Nurglings complete)

Boc

On 3/24/2022 at 12:10 AM, Boc said:

Thanks all! Been screwing around with camera settings that I don't fully understand lol, so wound up having to apply more corrections than normal.

Full squad finished! 5 of them from a couple months back, 5 from this latest month's painting challenge

20220323-195659.jpg

20220323-195713.jpg

20220323-195812.jpg

20220323-195829.jpg

I have this very same set of shields from Kromlech and I want to do something similar for a unit of MK IV or III to represent a chieftain squad.

Great job!

Looks like you're making some good progress, @Boc :smile: 

Are you blocking in the panels on that Knight by hand? If so, you've got a lot more patience than me! (I once base-coated a 2nd edition Rhino with a brush ... never again!).

Edited by Firedrake Cordova

@Firedrake Cordova yep everything is by hand, don't have an airbrush unfortunately, so everything is the slow way. Everything is base with gray/silver, the green portion is just coelia greenshade on top of sprayed on mechanicus grey, but the white is by hand.

Wanted to do some progression shots today.

First pic is everything base layers done.

Second is dry brushed with white or runefang silver depending on the parts.

Third is with washes and contrasts applied, little bit of cleanup from sloppy red washes. Probably would have met the intent more if all the photos were the same angle but you get what you pay for! Hope you enjoy! Should be able to finish him up tomorrow.

20230318_192423.jpg

20230318_193103.jpg

20230318_201639.jpg

14 hours ago, Firedrake Cordova said:

Nice work @Boc - I like the subtle weathering on the panels, and the base :smile: 

I believe my target aesthetic is "Siege of Terra Day 30 without washing" lol, much appreciated! 

Made some small headway on my second converted Armiger, the first War Dog Executioner I'll be painting. Very torn on how to paint the head...silver, gold, bone, not quite sure just yet. We'll go back to winging it tomorrow!

20230320_201615.jpg

8 hours ago, Boc said:

Very torn on how to paint the head...silver, gold, bone, not quite sure just yet. 

It's Chaos, so bone..? :wink: On a more serious note, heads are normally the focal point of a model, and the human eye is drawn to the lightest element on things (so a nice bleached bone, maybe?)

With one night to spare before driving to the in-laws! These guys have been on the shelf more or less since they've been released with the Dark Apostle model, which I'd hurriedly painted and then let these guys languish a bit. Very nice change of pace from the Knights, that's for certain. Current pile of shame is down to: 

7 war dogs

1 Desecrator

5 Cataphractii Terminators

5 Possessed

10 Havocs/Heavy Support Squad

Abaddon

Horus (unascended)

Predator Executioner (that's been unassembled for about a decade)

That's not too bad at all!

Don't worry about the Wrath of the Soul Forge King box, I haven't picked it up from the store yet so I'm not counting them!

20230329_203506.jpg

• 2 weeks later...