Size Increases and Terminators

Wulf Vengis

I'm not against them being updated at all, I just want them to rethink the way the function on the tabletop.

Primaris, as a range, have very little redundancy in terms of units. The closest one comes to that are the Reivers, as they simply don't have a well realised enough niche. Everything else has a clear purpose and functions according to that.

You do make a good point about heavy armoured Veteran units, and that would be nice to see.

I think that eye of the beholder effect applies to redundancy. I look at the primaris line and feel that incursors, infiltrators, and reivers really should just be one unit. I think the stormspeeders and gladiators intentially mirror each other. I also view heavy intercessors as more of a twist on intercessors rather than a unit designed to fit a need (they are more defined than veteran intercessors at least).

I don't think any of that is bad though, it just allows people choice.

Personally I don't think we'll get terminators. I think firstborn ones will be redone, and we'll get some sort of cross between between terminators and centurions

• 2 weeks later...

What do Primaris Terminators offer that the Primaris range is lacking?

Is it the teleportation? It can be achieved through other means and it isn't particularly impactful on Terminator units in particular. It's far more deadly on something with dangerous firepower.

Are we wanting storm-shields? That could be interesting for sure, but again, not something to change how I think about the army.

Terminators, like Aggressors, are slow moving infantry units with Str8 cc attacks and Str4 ranged weapons that take up two spots in an expensive transport. I prefer the Aggressor Fists with 4 attacks each over the Thunderhammers on Terminators at this point anyway.

If they add a taller Terminator model to the range, that's exactly the kind of bloat we should be trying to get away from. Loyalist Terminators have no exciting wargear options like the Chaos alternatives, and the new Gravis Captain kit is a great alternative to a Terminator Captain, and it even has a half-decent selection of wargear.

What I think would be more interesting and beneficial to the army, would be Primaris Centurions. A heavy, durable suit with impressive firepower that can be catered to different roles, such as long range firepower or high-volume shooting at close range.

Why not combine both? Mc-hugelarge terminators that are functionally primaris centurions. Classical design features of the former, combat role of the latter.

I'm not against them being updated at all, I just want them to rethink the way the function on the tabletop.

Primaris, as a range, have very little redundancy in terms of units. The closest one comes to that are the Reivers, as they simply don't have a well realised enough niche. Everything else has a clear purpose and functions according to that.

You do make a good point about heavy armoured Veteran units, and that would be nice to see.

I agree.

Whatever primaris terminators will be.

I assume they will get "deep strike assault" and at this point, I could see them having a baby void like shield that allows saves against anything, even psykic attacks.

I also assume they will on close to medium range, with minimal long range.