Yellow Sea Sidewinders

Kraghega Is a Imperium Promethium refinery world. In distant past 4/5ths of the planet was covered in aquamarine oceans, large town sized refinarys where built on gigantic stilts in the ocean. A millennia later, long after the refinerys polluted the ocean to a yellow slurry, the oceans finally mostly dryed up. The planet now mainly covered in a powdery toxic desert called "The Yellow Sea".

The Kraghegan 3rd - Yellow Sea Sidewinders - main job is the defence of the refinarys Stilts, and guarding Repair teams that work on them. The Yellow Sea while mostly dead is still teaming with mutants and mutated local fauna. But the greatest threat is defending the Refinerys from pirates and Renegade or chaos forces. Being a famous Promethium Refinery planet means they are a hot target of raids looking for free fule.

The Sidewinders employ a Armored Fist fighting style, staying mobile in transports and tanks. Rushing out at top speed through the waists to defend whichever nearbye derrick is under attack. There is little cover in the Yellow Sea and hiding behind the Stilts is stricktly forbidden so the armor transports double as mobile cover, often giving them the advantage.

The Sidewinders equipment is disheveled and largely unregulation. The toxic waists erode flesh, metal and, and rubber at a quicker rate than they can procure replacements so the units make due with what they can. This makes them largely looked down upon by other guard regiments as even off world where the erosion is minimal they stick to their habbits of looting and scavenging for parts and wearing strange mismatched cem suits and military garb.

Just started work on my new guard army, here is the color scheme ive worked out so far on my first test tank. Tell me what you think.

2qE1all.jpeg

GHqxwlu.jpeg

Edited by War of the Eagle

Thanks for the support brothers. I dont have a huge guard force to paint.

So far I have 3x L-Russ, 2x Chimera, 20x Scions, 20? Guardsmen, Baneblade, and a Valkyre.

Heres the first Russ done.

TETysT5.jpeg

Never seen a yellow Guard tank before, looks good.

Thanks, Its a yellow brown "Zendri Dust" so not a strong yellow like imperial fists so a bit easyer to blend.

Thanks for the support brothers. I dont have a huge guard force to paint.

So far I have 3x L-Russ, 2x Chimera, 20x Scions, 20? Guardsmen, Baneblade, and a Valkyre.

Heres the first Russ done.

<snip>

Never seen a yellow Guard tank before, looks good.

Thanks, Its a yellow brown "Zendri Dust" so not a strong yellow like imperial fists so a bit easyer to blend.

gorgeous-funny-guy.gif
Edited by duz_
Tidied up for mobile skin

Ngl Im now thinking could I pull off a dirty yellow themed WW1 Guard army, I wonder if Brits would look good that colour.

Im curious to see how you do your infantry, cant wait to see what you come up with.

Ngl Im now thinking could I pull off a dirty yellow themed WW1 Guard army, I wonder if Brits would look good that colour.

Im curious to see how you do your infantry, cant wait to see what you come up with.

If it helps, I just finished base painting my Chimera before I weather the heck out of it. It might help you see what the color would look like normaly.

l1xp3Kj.jpeg

If it helps, I just finished base painting my Chimera before I weather the heck out of it. It might help you see what the color would look like normaly.

l1xp3Kj.jpeg

Im sold, time to raise a regiment of yellow space Brits. :D 

The Sentinels are ingeniously kitbashed.

Thanks Bjorn! Had bought the Baneblade upgrade sprue for other parts so had those turrets left over.

Speaking of left over parts, I give you the Armadillo Pattern Mobile Missile Platform.

Not sure what to run it as. Maybe a Hydra or a Wyvern..

IYf8FFO.jpeg

ZZMEj0T.jpeg

rDEzW0y.jpeg

Thanks everyone! I got inspiration from the Praetor and the M270 mostly for this conversion. Tho the main contributor was I love making conversions even when unnecessary haha. The bitz in my bitz box call to me.

=Due to general lack of cover, the sidewinders prefer up armored artillery peices. This protects the crew and munitions from stray shots in battle or in ambushes. While not used to great extent, the Sidewinders like to soften up an advancing enemy force with artillery before they can get in range to shoot back.=

Damn War of the Eagle not sure which army is more awe inspiring...your Raptors or Sidewinders........Either way Excellent work sir!

Haha well I enjoy the shear extent that I have converted my Raptors, but guard definatly have a rough and tumble look to them thats endearing.

Missile platform is great, could run as either hydra or wyvern (depending on munitions), I did think of the manticore at first though

May run it as any of the 3 to see what feels best. Or whatever I can convince my opponent it looks like lol.

So my goal was to make a Legion style Basilisk but after hours of kit bashing I ended up with a M55/53 lol.

Going to call this one the Ant-Lion Pattern Basilisk

"As always the Sidewinders prefer closed topped vehicals, and with the added benefit of a semi rotatable platform they can shoot and scoot even with field artillary."

1eiwgBJ.jpeg

Np8yVOZ.jpeg