Yellow Sea Sidewinders

Wow! One of the best Basilisk kitbashes I've seen :tu:

Can't wait to see it painted

Thanks Duz and Jud! The Basilisk looks even more cohesive just primed, so Im looking forward to getting it all painted up aswell.

Next up is My Command Russ, with elongated hull. This one belongs to Commander Hector Vasquez a famed Sidewinders tank hunter.

"While the sidewinders usually have fairly antiquated workhorse Russes as their main tank of choice, Commanders who have proven themselves capable are promoted to the Nemenghast Pattern Russ, AKA "The Rattler". This russ promotes a higher top speed, larger ammo and fule storage, and room for a dedicated radio operator and accompanying extra relay equipment.

2vaDjMN.jpeg

gflOovT.jpeg

Huge fan of that russ conversion, super impressive! Any chance of seeing it from a couple other angles?

The homebrew lore tibit is also very nice, so fun!

Can't wait to see more.

Huge fan of that russ conversion, super impressive! Any chance of seeing it from a couple other angles?

The homebrew lore tibit is also very nice, so fun!

Can't wait to see more.

Thanks and Sure thing! Swapped out the turret temporarily to see how it looked with other guns.

J9lTRJh.jpeg

sh4wvOC.jpeg

My compliments to your efforts in customizing your models. Will you add sponson-mounted weapons to your Leman Russ tanks, or do the Sidewinders dislike sponsons for some reason, e.g., sponson-mounted guns and gunners occupy space better used for more armor/fuel/overcharged engines/archeotech shield generators/etc.?

My compliments to your efforts in customizing your models. Will you add sponson-mounted weapons to your Leman Russ tanks, or do the Sidewinders dislike sponsons for some reason, e.g., sponson-mounted guns and gunners occupy space better used for more armor/fuel/overcharged engines/archeotech shield generators/etc.?

Thbaks Bjorn, The Rattler Pattern Russ dosent use sponsons for reason that you listed, tho it dose have ways around this as I hope to show in the future. But their normal russ variants not used by commanders use sponsons very regularly.

Dude, I love this fluff and these conversions. Keep it up! I can't wait to see more.

Thanks allot! I have a weird compulsion to convert all my vehicals. Im trying to refrain a bit since most my current guard army I got prebuilt second hand which makes them harder to convert without damaging the plastic. But I carved up two pre built Russes so far haha.

Second set of Turreted Sentinels are done, this time with flamers instead of autocannons.

6wm4bja.jpeg

hx9jshi.jpeg

YNNKhyu.jpeg

"The sidewinders use flamer based weapons quite frequently, Working on a fuel refinery world dose have its perks after all. Tho flamer weapons on any of the refinery dereks, or storage facilitys is of course forbidden."

Edited by War of the Eagle

Heres a glimps at what my first squad of infantry will look like.

"Due to the acidic and poisonous nature of the yellow sea waists, Yellow sea sidewinders tend to encase themselves in acid resistant cem suits and rebreathers. Between the toxic dust storms, acid rain, and occasional pools of toxic waste, exposed skin will quickly result in Rashes then burns then likely death depending on exposure. The Ministorum reps and commisars have long since quit trying to get the Sidewinders to wear standard issue equipment, since most start falling apart after just weeks in the elements. While the Kraghegan 3rd Sidewinders are one of the main rapid response units of the planetary guard, Kraghegan guard are actually mainly known for their defensive prowess. Trench networks, small forts, and bunkers litter the rocky outcroppings the refinerys stilts are built on. And units sent off world for the Imperial Tithe are able to dig trenches and construct bunkers at rapid yet efficient pace. The two faces of the Kraghegan Sidewinders, make them useful in moat campaigns."

SWRYDuU.jpeg

Next is a peak at my [Maximis Assault Ram - Pattern Baneblade] It serves a similar role to the StormLord, but with a traversable turret and a forward troop assault deck to deposit infantry into the thick of it.

fLpkX3O.jpeg

WvZh7sI.jpeg

Its construction is still in its infancy but it should be battle ready before you know it.

Next is a peak at my [Maximis Assault Ram - Pattern Baneblade] It serves a similar role to the StormLord, but with a traversable turret and a forward troop assault deck to deposit infantry into the thick of it.

This is INGENIOUS! Why can't we get this from Forge World instead of the [sarcasm]Super-duper Land Battleship Killdozer!!![/sarcasm] the company keeps making?

Nitpick, with my emphasis:

"Due to the acidic and poisonous nature of the yellow sea waists

You mistakenly used waist in place of waste.
Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

• 5 months later...
3 hours ago, LtColKool said:

Oh so we’re just going to drop a pic of the sickest looking infantry ever. Cool. I see how it is. :biggrin:

11/10 love the paint job, and those infantry units are perfect for your fluff. 

Thanks, a Friend printed them for me. They defiantly look like they they might fight in some hazardous areas.

Another tank done btw.

Vnkl5A4.jpeg

On 3/25/2022 at 12:40 PM, War of the Eagle said:

Thanks Bjorn! Had bought the Baneblade upgrade sprue for other parts so had those turrets left over.

Speaking of left over parts, I give you the Armadillo Pattern Mobile Missile Platform.

Not sure what to run it as. Maybe a Hydra or a Wyvern..

IYf8FFO.jpeg

ZZMEj0T.jpeg

rDEzW0y.jpeg

Manticore maybe?

Kraghaga has had a long time trade and defence agreement with the manufactorum planet of Nemendghast. Unfortunatly the Kraghagan 11th 22nd 33rd and 55th Tank Company, the 15th 57th and 111st Infantry Company, and the 102nd artilary  division where Stationed on the Planet of Nemendghast when it was swallowed by the great rift. After the arrival of Abbaon The Despoiler, the Senior Commander of the Kraghagan forces on the planet Jyoch Garcia turned traitor. He Sabotaged and slaughtered many loyal planetary defenses to gain favor with his new dark master before they even made planetfall. As a reward most of the planets human military forces that turnd to the side of chaos where put under his command and he renamed themselves the Ash Vipers.

Kraghaga has striken the afronting company's from their records, and have forbidden the use of those Company numbers from being assigned ever again. They have also pledged any number of units toward the inevitable retaking of the planet of Nemendghast.

(There are very very few Chaos players in my area so I typically play my guard as the forces of evil for the setting of naritive stuff. Thinking of taking them into being full traitor guard but not much rules to support that atm. I did make the chaos symbols rather small tho so can remove them if I ever feel like it.)