Yellow Sea Sidewinders

You made some good progress this weekend nice work! What's up next? 

Despite the Heresy at least it's seemingly for a good narrative cause with you gaming group. Have you been playing crusade games? 

7 hours ago, duz_ said:

You made some good progress this weekend nice work! What's up next? 

Despite the Heresy at least it's seemingly for a good narrative cause with you gaming group. Have you been playing crusade games? 

I have 2 Russ's, 4 sentinels, 1 baneblade, and a myriad of infantry on my work desk. Will likely work on them in that order.

Not crusade yet, tho next time we do it which is in a few months I'll use them. But someone in my group pointed out that my army reminded them of Vraks malita and it kinda stuck. So now I'm leaning into it since I used to play traitor guard (lost and the damnd) back in 3rd ed and it made me nostalgic. Only reason I haven't gone full chaos is I like my Sidewinders lore and I also enjoy the idea of an evil army but not so fallen to chaos they are just all psychotic mutants. 

On 10/24/2022 at 8:56 PM, Mumeishi said:

Wow!!,  Really really Nice work here, I bet the New Rogal Dorn tank will fit in nicely here.... For Chaz :tongue:....

M. 

Thank you kindly, I defiantly want at least one Dorn for my army.

And for Chaz brother.

Got two more Russes done.

lKxjW7S.jpeg

CCED79l.jpeg

RqCONe8.jpeg

OeT3xdX.jpeg

Now working on my Bane Blade but not sure I have paint curently lol.

Conversions look great, so does the paint scheme on the Baneblade. 

Although with that much rust and grime on it... One can only describe that as dereliction of duties... I shall report to the Commissariat and Admech at once :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Those are looking great! (Even if they are heretical scum)

As you said they have a slightly sickly looking flesh which is great for what they are!

The mauls are brutal and give an extra level of menace.

I’m really looking forward to getting my Imperial style ones!

On 12/7/2022 at 4:08 PM, Jud Cottrell said:

Those are looking great! (Even if they are heretical scum)

As you said they have a slightly sickly looking flesh which is great for what they are!

The mauls are brutal and give an extra level of menace.

I’m really looking forward to getting my Imperial style ones!

Looking forward to seeing how you paint up yours.

The Sidewinders Stationed on Nemendghasts first betrayal came in the sacking of the Church of Gloria the Devout, guarded by a subsect of Bloody rose Soritas. If they where to turn against the Imperium to help the invaders they knew they would need to take out the most devout followers who would never turn to their side first. Another reason they chose the Church as their first target is because the Soritas where but a small contingent of pilgrimage site guards and had little to no interaction with the other planetary defenders. The Sidewinders hoped to remove the threat without revealing their hand just yet. 

While the Sidewinders got the element of surprise the Soritas and many crusaders and pilgrims erupted from the church without a moments hesitation. But their Zeal was expected and between tanks and flanking  maneuvers they boxed the dogs of the Emperor into a kill zone and quickly eliminated them.

Unfortunatly the sisters where able to get a distress call out to a local Kinght house. The knights came to investigate the call but they of course arrived far to late to save the church which was found buring to the ground. Not given enough time to clean up the battlefield, the knights had a pretty good idea who the attackers where and sped off to the Sidewinders base. Being hard to hide an aproching battle group of knights, the Sidewinders decided to meet them in the over grown jungle ruins between them and their base to prevent damage to their facilitys. As they where fighting Super heavy foes, they rolled out the only Baneblade (Re christened "Throne Slayer") they had at their disposal to even the playing field. 

The battle was fierce, the Knights superior equipment and training gaining them an early advantage. The Sidewinders refused to be out done tho and fought tooth and nail, selling their lives dearly to buy time for their heavier guns to whittle away at the knights. Eventually a tipping point broke when the Baneblade shot down a charging knight, it crashing limp meters from the tank. Soon after an Armiger stayed still long enough for the GodSpear missile to gain a lock and it was erased from existance in a blinding flash. The knights formation crumbled and they where picked apart, tho at great cost. 

• 1 month later...

Been awhile since I posted anything. Haven't really bought any new kits for my Guard, but I have made alloy of progress on my Dtorm Lord Breacher recently.

ZFm16IB.jpeg

VElFe5w.jpeg

xKQC6Pb.jpeg

About 90% done, needs the Lascannon sponsoms and some more gribblies. Next time I post on this guy will likely be when I painting it.