A Tale of Dust and Iron - Xth/XVth Legios

Go to solution Solved by TheFirstKnight,

So I've been working on Ksons since February, post LVO. I thought the same thing about incorporating the red scorpions into my heresy thousand sons because the aesthetics are so on point. 

I didn't know this thread existed until I just happened upon it. I've really wanted to make use of Culn as a super leviathan for my ksons I just haven't had a chance to wrap my brain around getting him or adding him to the list.

I have the honor guard set, and really enjoy the idea a black Scorpion cohort.

Glad to see you are back mentally, keep up the cool content!

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

• 1 month later...

So, and now for something different! Having a break from painting red; my gaming group is having a small league type thing and it’s taking me forever to paint my Thousand Sons. As such (and as I’m mostly doing them as Infantry), decided to allocate all my vehicles to another Legion. I’ve long been a fan of the Iron Hands ever since I read Chris Wraight’s excellent book, Wrath of Iron, and I was wanting to paint something with a scheme just a tiny bit less…laborious.

Here’s my first mini completed for them; Iron Father Braskar, of Clan Avernii. Decided to have them as Dropsite Massacre survivors. Working on some Morlock Terminators as a bodyguard for him next.

IMG_6499.jpeg

IMG_6507.jpeg

IMG_6498.jpeg

IMG_6492.jpeg

IMG_6491.jpeg

IMG_6496.jpeg

1 hour ago, Pearson73 said:

Fantastic work, particularly on the face and the battered white.

Thanks ever so! I genuinely hate painting flesh but maybe I should do a bit more…

Decided to add some white to break up the monotony of the black, and I really lile

it actually! AK Interactive Streaking Grime really does the business on it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...