Initial 1st April 2022 reveal, new lore & articles discussion

Joe

And I forgot what day it was. Never believed for a second that Squats were coming back but I was excited at the thought of something new comin to 40K - it's been years! What, 15 years since Tau?!?

Adeptus Mechanicus, Genestealer Cults, Deathwatch...

I reckon this isn't a joke - the fact that Squats returning gets announced on April 1st is the joke itself. 

Edited by Jings

Now my main concern is how will they change from the OG Squats? Will peoples existing armies be useable or will they go off on one and give us 'really cool things that we NEED'. 

As for the actual april 1st joke, I think they hit us early with more price rises. 

And I forgot what day it was. Never believed for a second that Squats were coming back but I was excited at the thought of something new comin to 40K - it's been years! What, 15 years since Tau?!?

Adeptus Mechanicus, Genestealer Cults, Deathwatch...

I reckon this isn't a joke - the fact that Squats returning gets announced on April 1st is the joke itself. 

I so hope you are correct. I really want this to be real and it does fit in with the rumor dump from 2021 that had all the chaos news too.

Squats. Calling it now.

I'll just... leave this here. :tongue.:

*Access: Granted*

*'Diggy Diggy Hole' comes blasting over the vox*

"Emperor protect us, they have returned!"

Aye, manling.

It's Gotrek!

He's even got an orange mohawk!

Rik

Now my main concern is how will they change from the OG Squats? Will peoples existing armies be useable or will they go off on one and give us 'really cool things that we NEED'. 

As for the actual april 1st joke, I think they hit us early with more price rises. 

GW seems to be leaning hard into old-school callbacks these days, so we can probably expect things like Trikes to return.

Also exo-suits, Grav weapons, stuff like that.

Squats have been gone between 5 and 6 times longer than they were around, depending on your POV, so I highly doubt GW will be designing this army so it's directly compatible with peoples existing collection.

Gonna be a fair few pissed off Squat players then. Mind you the Necromunda Squat looks the part, just bigger with a bit more kit. 

As long as we still get trikes and thud guns Ill be happy, thud gun could even double dip with the guard as well, if they are tall enough to even load the shells. 

Squats were also in the rumor dump that's been 100% correct so far so I don't think this is a joke.

Dont forget that bit of colour text in one of the books last edition saying a Squat ship has returned. 

Think these will be Squats that were elsewhere in the galaxy when the Nids ate their homes? 

'Have I missed anything?'

'You may wanna sit down Grymm'

'After I have been home'

'About that...'

Edited by Slave to Darkness

Squats have been gone between 5 and 6 times longer than they were around, depending on your POV, so I highly doubt GW will be designing this army so it's directly compatible with peoples existing collection.

Gonna be a fair few pissed off Squat players then. Mind you the Necromunda Squat looks the part, just bigger with a bit more kit.

I think Squat players were already pissed off by...being squated. Secondly, GW has been invalidating people's existing models for years now. If rumors are correct, it looks like the classic jump pack Chaos Lord is gone Edited by sitnam

Squats were also in the rumor dump that's been 100% correct so far so I don't think this is a joke.

Dont forget that bit of colour text in one of the books last edition saying a Squat ship has returned. 

Think these will be Squats that were elsewhere in the galaxy when the Nids ate their homes? 

'After I have been home'

'About that...'

They captured some kind of Mechanicus explorator vessel near the outer part of the galactic core using a gravity-based tractor beam.

Would imply that Squats are still alive and well somewhere around their original empire.

As long as we still get trikes and thud guns Ill be happy, thud gun could even double dip with the guard as well, if they are tall enough to even load the shells.

An interesting but weird concept. There wouldn’t be any squat players until/unless they’re added as a faction to the game. Anyone playing whatever ancient edition of the game so they can use squats wouldn’t exactly be equivalent. More to the point, they’re gonna want to sell the heck out of any new hypothetical kits, and would probably find numerous ways of doing that.

An interesting but weird concept. There wouldn’t be any squat players until/unless they’re added as a faction to the game. Anyone playing whatever ancient edition of the game so they can use squats wouldn’t exactly be equivalent. More to the point, they’re gonna want to sell the heck out of any new hypothetical kits, and would probably find numerous ways of doing that.

Even though they play 1st/2nd ed Squat players are still out there, I know a fair few, I even rock the Stunties myself. But your right GW will find a way of bleeding us for an army we already own, again. 

If existing Squat collectors are pissed off that their models will be invalidated then they have absolutely no right to be, and I would imagine a 'fair few' is more likely to be an infinitesimally small % of the current, active player base. 

If you want to use your current squat collection to play 1st and 2nd edition then you needn't buy anything new at all, but accusing GW of bleeding you because they create new models after more than 30 years is quite unfair, IMO

If existing Squat collectors are pissed off that their models will be invalidated then they have absolutely no right to be, and I would imagine a 'fair few' is more likely to be an infinitesimally small % of the current, active player base. 

If you want to use your current squat collection to play 1st and 2nd edition then you needn't buy anything new at all, but accusing GW of bleeding you because they create new models after more than 30 years is quite unfair, IMO

Right, I mean the number of people still playing 40k who have original GW Squat collections is going to be absolutely tiny. New Squats invalidating old Squats is going to be a "problem" for a handful of people at worst, but for anybody who has been in the hobby for less than 25 years represents a never-before-seen faction and the first "new" playable army since Genestealer Cults.

'After I have been home'

'About that...'

They captured some kind of Mechanicus explorator vessel near the outer part of the galactic core using a gravity-based tractor beam.

Would imply that Squats are still alive and well somewhere around their original empire.

Or that there's only a few of them left after some kind of cataclysm and those who remained spend their lives as intergalactic scrap dealers?