The Royal Awakening 2022: Rouse Your Legions

gallery_30308_9518_57090.jpg

Followers of the Silent King hear this! It is our time to rule again, to rise beyond our former glory to claim dominance over the galaxy!

So begins the second Royal Awakening! The next four weeks, starting today and ending on May 22nd/23rd, will be allotted as a build time for us to reanimate or otherwise acquire our forces. Following that the main painting event will run for three months from May 23rd to August 23rd (dates approximate for reasons that shall soon become clear, which also brings about some minor rules changes for tallying completions). Over the course of this time everyone involved will have 5 vows where they can pledge any amount of models at a time. A vow must be completely finished before a new one is made. Any models built during the build time, then later vowed and completed, will earn you a small scarab on your completion badge!

Badges (and bragging rights) will be awarded for the following categories*:

• Royal Warden -- participation and completion of any vow
  • Lord -- completion of 50 or more Power Level
  • Overlord -- completion of 75 or more Power Level
  • Phaeron -- completion of 100 or more Power Level

When making a vow include a "before" picture of the models no more than primed and include the current Power Level value as equipped** with your statement of intent. Units included in a vow must meet the minimum unit requirements on their datasheet.

Use this thread for showing off pictures of your freshly built models (though you are welcome to use/create project logs for chronicling your RA involvement ,as well as any threads you may already have in the Forge) as well as to make pre-main event vows, bonus marks if you get in-character for your interactions. There will be another thread on the 23rd for painting vows, completions, and WIP work.

(You are, of course, welcome to include your points values for your own tabulation, and to see if we beat the last Royal Awakening, but for badge purposes we'll be using PL as indicated)

*subject to change slightly following negotiations for another mod on A Special Thing -- stay tuned for more details!

**Crypteks equipped with Arkana equipment may or may not have that equipment be counted depending on if they are modelled with a suitable representation of said Arkana. If you're converting a technomancer or using the older resin model please point out any modifications from base loadout.

Nope! You can build whatever you like whenever you have it, not just during the build phase. The scarab pre-build is a combination carryover from the last time we ran the event and a little bit of enticement if someone needs motivation to build before the actual event itself.

I just found this thread today, I saw no banner about it. 

Unfortunately I 've already started a big project a few days before the first post :sad.: , a Seraptek Heavy Construct...

I wonder if an exception can be made due to the size of it. :sweat:

It's currently primed, with some painting on internal pieces, because I wouldn't be able to paint them later and you cannot partly-assemble an arachnoid...

WIP Seraptek

Can it be used for a vow?

The Triarch is strict, but it is not without mercy. Having assembled and painted a Seraptek myself, I'd say your good. There really isn't a way to paint one of those things after it's been built.

As to the banner thing, that's been worked on. Hopefully we'll have one soonish.

Hail Szarekh!

My dynasty is still sleeping, I 've only built a few models and never played Necrons before. My daughter made me keep the indomitus models and now I 've come to love them!

I 'm a slow painter and this event will definitely motivate me since i don't have an assembled army yet.

I 'm just a bit confused, must be the reanimation.

Do we vow here and also post the completed models?

Is this an assembly event or a painting one? Because you mention a main painting event from May 23rd to August 23rd.

What units that are currently reanimating for the Haunted Legions of Sarkon-

1 Overlord with Voidscythe and Resurrection Orb(6PL)

10 Necron Warriors with Gauss Reapers (6PL)

3 Canoptek Scarabs (2PL)

u6J6Yoo.jpeg

There may be a unit Triarch Praetorians in this month as well, depending on the Gesalt-Lord's will...

Hail Szarekh!

My dynasty is still sleeping, I 've only built a few models and never played Necrons before. My daughter made me keep the indomitus models and now I 've come to love them!

I 'm a slow painter and this event will definitely motivate me since i don't have an assembled army yet.

I 'm just a bit confused, must be the reanimation.

Do we vow here and also post the completed models?

Is this an assembly event or a painting one? Because you mention a main painting event from May 23rd to August 23rd.

Right now we're in a hype/assembly phase. The actual painting event (Which will be the Royal Awakening proper) will start May 23rd, and run for 3 months. (I'll link the prior event here so you can get a better idea of how things go.) The actual 'gogogo' phase will be during that time, and is what matters for badge stuff. Rouse Your Legions is primarily aimed at getting people's models off of the sprue and ready for painting.

I also have it on good authority that the banners should be up and rotating properly very soon, so keep your eyes peeled!

Hmm. A few years ago, during a T'au-Necron event, I pledged to paint the contents of a Necron Start Collecting! box if I failed my T'au vow. Naturally I failed my vow, but I never fulfilled that secondary promise. Now, I don't have the funds to go out and buy a Start Collecting!/Combat Patrol box but I do have the Necron half of Indomitus lying around... Hmm. Edited by Dosjetka

+++ Reanimation Sequence Activating +++

+++ Overlord Command Codes Accepted +++

+++ Begin Deployment of Dynasty Forces +++

I hereby pledge to complete a force of the Szarekhan Dynasty for the painting event, containing the following:

Overlord [6 PL]
Skorpekh Lord [7 PL]
5 Immortals with Gauss Blasters [4 PL]
10 Necron Warriors with Gauss Reapers [6 PL]
3 Skorpekh Destroyers [4 PL]

+ 1 Plasmacyte [1 PL]
3 Canoptek Scarab Swarms [2 PL]
3 Ophydian Destroyers [4 PL]

+ 1 Plasmacyte [1 PL]
3 Tomb Blades [4 PL]
Doom Scythe [9 PL]

++ Total: [52 PL] ++

and to finish off 10 Necron Warriors with Gauss Flayers [6 PL]

and 1 of 2 Cryptothralls [1of2 PL]

neither of which, i am counting, since they are partly completed units already.

279908343_10159719163176224_296425672030

Edited by Dusktiger

Hmm. A few years ago, during a T'au-Necron event, I pledged to paint the contents of a Necron Start Collecting! box if I failed my T'au vow. Naturally I failed my vow, but I never fulfilled that secondary promise. Now, I don't have the funds to go out and buy a Start Collecting!/Combat Patrol box but I do have the Necron half of Indomitus lying around... Hmm.

Brother Dos, welcome to the Tombs! I'd say a Necron half of Indomitus is certainly more than the equal of an older-era Start Collecting! Necrons. If you have the mojo, I'd certainly recommend dipping your toes in.

+++ Reanimation Sequence Activating +++

+++ Overlord Command Codes Accepted +++

+++ Begin Deployment of Dynasty Forces +++

I hereby pledge to complete a force of the Szarekhan Dynasty for the painting event, containing the following:

Overlord [6 PL]

Skorpekh Lord [7 PL]

10 Necron Warriors with Gauss Reapers [6 PL]

3 Skorpekh Destroyers [5 PL]

3 Canoptek Scarab Swarms [2 PL]

3 Ophydian Destroyers [5 PL]

3 Tomb Blades [4 PL]

Doom Scythe [10 PL]

and to finish off 10 Necron Warriors with Gauss Flayers [6 PL]

and 1 Cryptothrall [1 PL]

++ Total: [60 PL] ++

[snip]

Brother Dusktiger! Welcome to the tombs as well. Unfortunately, I'm afraid Triarchal Procedure prohibits the counting of your cryptothrall, as they do state that all entries must meet the minimum unit requirements on their datasheet, which for Cryptothralls is 2 models. Unless, of course, you meant your Plasmacyte, nesting behind your Skorpekhs--their minimum model count is one.

oh your right, i forgot about counting the two plasmacytes the destroyer units come with.  those ill count for PL total, and the murder chicken will just be in there to finish the unit of 2 off, as the other is fully painted.

So, just to make sure, in case I'm actually productive and finish all my pledge with time to spare; later on, past may 23rd, I can make additional vows of units, correct? If I feel up to it, my goal for this army is to make 2,000pts of a destroyer cult/ immortals, & warriors force.

(also, i realized i used the original PL of the units in the codex, not the revised PL from the latest updates, so i edited my original post to reflect the correct numbers.)

Edited by Dusktiger

Yes, you may make up to five vows. 

Over the course of this time everyone involved will have 5 vows where they can pledge any amount of models at a time. A vow must be completely finished before a new one is made. Any models built during the build time, then later vowed and completed, will earn you a small scarab on your completion badge!

Nice! :-) 

I should finally finish this army, have some plastic (and also a metal Deciever still NIB) that needs to be assembled and painted...

I'm in. Hopefully I can get a piece of fluff "on paper" to complete the bunch. 

Saw this in the other thread..... I'm going to  go all paladin with "Have Necrons will Paint" :teehee:  only really old timers will get this reference.

will look through my grey necron horde and pick something... 

Mithril

Ok, last time this was fantastic fun, so count me in!

One question: I've actually decided to do a full repaint of my guys, so do I need to wait until the models are sprayed plain, or can I just use shots of them in their current state?

I've got a few Necrons lying around because of my Imperium subscription and even started painting some. So, sure, I'll join in. Most of them are already primed with leadbelcher, but the flayed ones, for example, are still on sprue.

I'll take pics later and will then post a pledge.