The Lion’s own. A Dark Angels HH thread

Thanks WrathOfTheLion!

That’s exactly my intent.

I’ve bought 2 boxes of Deathwing Knights and a Cataphractii set! 

Quick question, fluff wise do Apothecaries have to be all white? Or could I just do a white helmet or something?

On 10/9/2023 at 4:21 PM, Jud Cottrell said:

Quick question, fluff wise do Apothecaries have to be all white? Or could I just do a white helmet or something?

Agree with @Cactus but just for  inspiration would I like to share this Rogue Trader pic:

Apothecary | Warhammer 40k | FANDOM powered by Wikia | Warhammer fantasy,  Warhammer, Warhammer 40k artwork

We also have this old pic showing a DA Apothecary as fully dark green (even their chapter symbol and laurel) with only their right pauldron and the Apothecary symbol on their helmet in white:

[IMG]

Well between the rain I managed to get my Corswain done!

This was a beautiful sculpt to build and paint (usual Forgeworld issues of banana sword!)

I’ve been making an attempt to raise my basing game as well as my painting neatness, with that in mind I added a bit more height to Corswain on top of his already sizeable tactical rock.

53268300589_5b5e8aea1b_c.jpgDark Angels Corswain 

53268231233_db26c2a945_c.jpgDark Angels Corswain 

53268231238_0f64009d7d_c.jpgDark Angels Corswain 

Next up, I’ll finish the Deathwing Companions (I have 2 left to paint)

Quick question for anyone in the know, 

I’m planning a Praetor conversion for my Dark Angels, I was going to use the Fafnir Rann model as the base of it but I also wanted to give him a jump pack.

Is there any reason why I couldn’t? I know he’s in MKIII but I don’t know if there’s any background reason against it before I source the bitz?

Edited by Jud Cottrell

Theres some nice art of Death guard in mk3 using jump packs so it definitely happens, honestly i think the only mention of it not being done was a fig leaf because they werent selling a mk3 jump pack unit at FW, you can put a jump pack on a dreadnought after all :D 

• 1 month later...

Well it’s been a while but I’ve finally been able to finish the Praetor conversion I’ve been planning!

Introducing Praetor Zadkiel! 

I’ve used Fafnir Rann as the base for the model.

The sword is from the Sisters of Battle Paragon Battle Suit.

I trimmed of the arm from the shield and then attached it to the arm which was probably the hardest part!

Again it’s a bit rough and ready but I’m happy with it.

I’ve had this conversion in mind for ages, glad to have finally achieved it!

Here’s the pics:

53373291893_538a59c0d2_c.jpgDark Angels Praetor with Jump Pack Conversion 

53373559420_56010446b7_c.jpgDark Angels Praetor with Jump Pack Conversion

53373291868_f9d2b7556f_c.jpgDark Angels Praetor with Jump Pack Conversion 

53373291878_4f15608a20_c.jpgDark Angels Praetor with Jump Pack Conversion 

53373291903_3dcac1362e_c.jpgDark Angels Praetor with Jump Pack Conversion 

Thanks for looking!

• 1 month later...

Been a while since I last updated this thread.

Time to put that right.

My New Year’s resolution is to build and paint everything I own for HH!!!

Obviously I’ll be working on some other side projects along the way but that’s my intention.

First up are the Deathwing Companions. 

I have to say these are stunning models and are a treat to build and paint.

They also fit my ethos perfectly, that is that with Astartes every man is a hero!

With that in mind I’ll endeavour to make each model have it’s own personality.

Enough preamble, here’s the pics:

53496944569_e0cf350b8e_c.jpg30k Dark Angels Deathwing Companions 

53496796178_0dc25e204d_c.jpg30k Dark Angels Deathwing Companions 

53495754612_b74613536e_c.jpg30k Dark Angels Deathwing Companions 

53495754622_7d03bf064f_c.jpg30k Dark Angels Deathwing Companions 

53496944539_aa312d0612_c.jpg30k Dark Angels Deathwing Companions 

Thanks for looking, leave a comment on what you want to see next. Assault Marines or Jetbikes?

• 3 months later...

Truly a chivalric gathering of marines. The split colour scheme on the companions make them look quite striking, and must've been quite some work to do! I also in particular like the eyelenses, you've managed to paint the reflections well. Hope to see more soon.

Thanks @Torbenos! Yeah, the bone elements were a pain in the ass! So many layers.

@TheArtilleryman They really are beautiful kits! I have 4 built and primed so hopefully not too long to wait for an update!

Good luck with your Raven Guard! I’m sure you’ll do them justice.

The plan is to do a unit of Jetbikes soon, cheers for the interest!

• 2 weeks later...

Well I’ve finished my first Jetbike for my Ravenwing Sky Hunters!

IMG_2673.thumb.jpeg.6cc3e4acf862112f9d73a5670ac4465a.jpegIMG_2675.thumb.jpeg.fd97059b335b0f93ea5d626dc371353d.jpeg

IMG_2674.thumb.jpeg.ad3e0f283b3132ab3a3691e893a6961e.jpegI’ve used bitz from the Ravenwing Command Squad to add some more detail and character to each.

I have 3 more I will be using but next I’d like to build an Apothecary for my Assault Marines.

Thanks for looking!

8 minutes ago, The Pounder said:

Well I’ve finished my first Jetbike for my Ravenwing Sky Hunters!

IMG_2673.thumb.jpeg.6cc3e4acf862112f9d73a5670ac4465a.jpegIMG_2675.thumb.jpeg.fd97059b335b0f93ea5d626dc371353d.jpeg

IMG_2674.thumb.jpeg.ad3e0f283b3132ab3a3691e893a6961e.jpegI’ve used bitz from the Ravenwing Command Squad to add some more detail and character to each.

I have 3 more I will be using but next I’d like to build an Apothecary for my Assault Marines.

Thanks for looking!

This guy looks ace! He has a centurion vibe about him - not sure if that’s the intention but he would work that way.

Thanks @WAR!

@TheArtilleryman, I really like to add extra detail wherever possible, when I first built this model I added the shrine type bit on the back but decided against it as it looked too much. I’m rubbish at decals so I like sculpted icons!

@calgar101! I’m really happy you like the scheme! I wasn’t sure how it would be received as it’s a bit different so thank you.

Next up is an Apothecary with Jump pack!