The Dark Brethren: XVIIth Legion Tactica

Slips

You can join Argel Tal to a unit of Gal Vorbak and he has the Unique sub-type, so I don't think unique precludes you from doing so. That said, I don't think apothecaries have the unique sub-type, so that shouldn't be a problem.

At least from my initial read, I'd think you'd just need to buy Dark Channeling for the Apothecarion Detachment, and then attach it at the appropriate time. Gal Vorbak are Infantry (Corrupted), so nothing in the Apothecarion Detachment special rule restricts an Apothecary from joining them.

May need to dive deeper, but that's at least my initial read.

8 hours ago, Torbenos said:

Am I correct in assuming you cannot join an Apothacery unit to the Gal Vobak due to the unique sub-type rule, even if you can also make them Corrupted?

Im pretty sure you can just stick one in there, if you give him dark channeling of course. Dont see anything else, like an ability like bitter duty or something that speaks against it. 

That being said, why would you though? 

Gal Vorbak already have the 5+ fnp the apothecary would provide, right? Or is there some other approach to this im missing? 

I suspect I've just misunderstood two points. For a first I hadn't realised "Unique" was its own sub-type, I thought it just meant any special type like say Corrupted. And I had been working under the assumption the Apothecary's FnP would improve theirs by one, akin to Heart of the Legion. But reading it now, I see that it is a special thing part of Heart of the Legion that it stacks. 

Yeah, I didn't consider if you'd want to do that :D. If it doesn't stack with the existing FNP, then bringing an apothecary has basically no use. I had only looked at the mechanics to see if it'd work.

• 2 months later...