Serpents Lair: XXth Legion Tactica

Slips

On 12/19/2023 at 11:26 AM, dollar452435 said:

Alpharius gives 3 deep strikes to dreads. Therefore, it may be with terms in deepstrike. Scouts can hold the enemy from afar or occupy objectives.

He also gives infiltrate which is far superior as you dont have the majority of your army off the table in T1 to leave the rest to get killed. Lascannon dreads are also good from many ranges so don't really need infil or DS. I'd split into 2x3 talons and give the huscarls infiltrate or something anyway, with Alpharius. Lacking the master of signals I would't risk deepstriking at all with this army. 

Your meta is basically the AoD box plus a primarch. I'd look at 10 man lascannon HSS squad to shake things up. Any meta where you feel you need 6 dreads to stand a chance is horrible, and sorry you have to be in that! 

Edited by Xenith

On 1/2/2024 at 9:27 AM, Xenith said:

He also gives infiltrate which is far superior as you dont have the majority of your army off the table in T1 to leave the rest to get killed. Lascannon dreads are also good from many ranges so don't really need infil or DS. I'd split into 2x3 talons and give the huscarls infiltrate or something anyway, with Alpharius. Lacking the master of signals I would't risk deepstriking at all with this army. 

Your meta is basically the AoD box plus a primarch. I'd look at 10 man lascannon HSS squad to shake things up. Any meta where you feel you need 6 dreads to stand a chance is horrible, and sorry you have to be in that! 

We played 2v2, When you have BA DS with 40 dawnbreakers, some dreadnoughts, assault marines, angel and LS with AL DS 3 leviathans, 3 dreadnoughts and alphairus with suzerain along with some assault marines, I can assure you, it wrecks face of anyone. Have MoS camp somewhere in the back so he can see some part of the board, suzerain with alpharius will land T2 and kongo line to allow rest of the stuff better placement. This combined with BA DS bomb makes short work of literally anything. Everything will charge turn it lands, with a bit of luck even pinn some stuff, and you have meltas from levis/dreadnoughts to blow transports and tanks and :cuss: stuff that was inside afterwards.

5 hours ago, dollar452435 said:

Thank you for your reaction. I'm amazed and surprised. Yes, our rosters are going to WAAC. In that case, how do you make rosters? How do you prepare for the games?

Basically, play FotA. Lascannon and Fist+Grav is the best anti-Dread loadout out there, however going Meltacannon+Combibolter might save you enough points to get an extra unit. Bonus points if you're WB, because you have the best Dreads or if you have rewards of treason to steal one. Add a full Lascannon HSS for that one Heavy Support slot. Try not to play against custodes if possible.