=][= B&C REFORGED CONTEST =][=

To observe the triumphant crossing of the Rubicon Primaris by the Bolter & Chainsword website, each member is encouraged to assemble and paint one or more models representative of being upgraded.

The most desired submissions are Adeptus Astartes of the Legio Bolter & Chainsword, the site mascot.

If you don't know about the Legio, you can read about it at:

(Offline) + The Legio Bolter and Chainsword + - The Bolter and Chainsword

For the sake of nostalgia, here is an image of the Legio model I submitted for the first Legio Mini Me contest, in the original color scheme, back in 2002:

gallery_26_548_90647.jpg

I'd like to think that my painting skills have improved since then. Unfortunately, my eyesight has deteriorated (getting old sucks, but it beats the alternative).

And here's the current Legio color scheme:

gallery_26_548_62975.png

That's a battle-brother seconded from the Griffon Lords Chapter (per the blue right shoulder pad). He bears a standard badge of the Legio on his left pauldron. The red helmet is standard for battle-brothers of the Legio. The red right kneepad means that the battle-brother is in the Blood of the Emperor Great Company. You can alternately choose the Light of the Emperor Great Company (white) or the Justice of the Emperor Great Company (black). 

While we're primarily looking for loyalist Adeptus Astartes, we want everyone to be able to participate. To that end, there will be four categories:

• Loyalist Adeptus Astartes (can represent a battle-brother before he joins the Legio, or Legiones Astartes of the Horus Heresy)
  • Allies of the Legio - any Imperium model
  • Heretic Astartes (the Red Corsairs are the natural antithesis of the Legio, but you don't have to use them)
  • Xenos and Daemons

The loyalist Adeptus Astartes will ideally represent a battle-brother of the Legio in proper Legio colors, but could also represent a battle-brother before he is seconded to the Legio (i.e., in your Chapter colors). And for those of you that are stuck in the Horus Heresy right now, you can submit a member of the Legiones Astartes from that era (the Shattered Legions and Knights Errant are suitable substitutes, but you can use any loyalist). The allies of the Legio should represent any model of the Imperium that has had the privilege of fighting alongside the Legio. The Heretic Astartes and Xenos and Daemons options should represent enemies of the Imperium, preferably including something to show that they have been fighting against the Legio.

Regardless of what you choose, the model should be representative of change and improvement. We're not going to quibble over what that entails, so let your imagination guide you. Perhaps your Legio battle-brother has recently replaced some weak flesh with a strong augmetic limb. Perhaps your Astra Militarum soldier has just been promoted to sergeant. Perhaps your asuryani aspect warrior has just become an exarch. Perhaps your Heretic Astartes traitor has recently been blessed by his foul patron and now sports a nifty mutation.

We're trying to keep this at the individual "infantry" model, but jump packs, bikes, and similar are okay. Terminator armor and centurion suits are okay, too. No vehicles, please. That includes dreadnoughts, wraithlords, etc. We want the cost of entry to be relatively low. If you have an idea and are unsure, ask here.

Each member may enter a single model for each of the categories above.

The winner in each category will receive a Games Workshop virtual voucher for $50 USD. Each member can only win in one category, however.

To submit your entry (entries), submit your image(s) to the B&C Reforged gallery album. Only one image per mini is required, but feel free to upload as many as you want.

Everyone that submits a finished model will be awarded a badge. The winner in each category will be awarded an additional special badge. Anyone that submits a loyalist Space Marine in Legio colors will also be awarded a Legio Mini Me badge.

Deadline to submit pictures is midnight, 31 July 2022.

I always love seeing everyone's mini-me miniatures for events like this! I'll have to see what Primaris bitz I have lurking around to upgrade from my previous submission from a number of years ago:

gallery_26154_13893_140935.jpg

Let's see the creativity everyone has as we celebrate our Upgrade!

Cambrius

On 6/22/2022 at 10:23 PM, Brother Tyler said:

We're trying to keep this at the individual "infantry" model, but jump packs, bikes, and similar are okay. Terminator armor and centurion suits are okay, too. No vehicles, please. That includes dreadnoughts, wraithlords, etc. We want the cost of entry to be relatively low. If you have an idea and are unsure, ask here.

Brothers, I legit have An Idear: I want to do a Knight Titan, BUT it's the itsy bitsy ones from Adeptus Titanicus.  They're about the size of a Firstborn Marine.

It's one of the things that is sitting in my Pile of Shame that I'll probably never get around to using/playing/painting otherwise, they're just conversion parts.  When you said "no vehicles," I reckon you meant actual 40k/30k-scale vehicles.  Understanding this is totally in the spirit but not the letter of the rules, reckon I should just run it by you guys, thx.

14 minutes ago, N1SB said:

Brothers, I legit have An Idear: I want to do a Knight Titan, BUT it's the itsy bitsy ones from Adeptus Titanicus.  They're about the size of a Firstborn Marine.

It's one of the things that is sitting in my Pile of Shame that I'll probably never get around to using/playing/painting otherwise, they're just conversion parts.  When you said "no vehicles," I reckon you meant actual 40k/30k-scale vehicles.  Understanding this is totally in the spirit but not the letter of the rules, reckon I should just run it by you guys, thx.

Started Titanicus myself recently, and I would love to paint up a knight lancer for this too.

Yes, the intent is that no vehicles for the Warhammer 40,000, Horus Heresy, or Necromunda (Ash Wastes) games are allowed. Vehicle models for the Adeptus Titanicus, Aeronautica Imperialis, and Battlefleet Gothic games are allowed as long as they are comparable with typical infantry models of the Warhammer 40,000 game (so an Imperial Knight for Adeptus Titanicus is okay).

So do I just paint up a Primaris marine representing the Legio Bolter & Chainsword? or can I have it be in my chapter colours ( which are actually pretty similar) and just use a banner or shoulder to display to B&C iconography?

I need a black practice with contrast for some wolf priests I am gunna paint soon, so i think this is a perfect opportunity! 

Hmm what to paint is the question... I've always viewed myself as a Terminator Rune Priest with a combi melta and Force axe... but there is no Gravis librarian yet, so I guess Gravis melta is the way forward.  Eradicator it is! Off to eBay to find a solo Eradicator! 

Nice! 

I'll see what I can scrounge up, I've recently sold a LOT of my loyalists. But I am quite sure I can still glue one together. 

Otherwise I'll probably make something heretic. But I will keep it power armoured, like in the old days :cool:

I really like the new look of the B&C btw, especially on the laptop. :tu: 

A delight to see; thanks @Kurgan the Lurker. I wonder how many of the original entrants are still lurking around or contactable? It would be lovely to see some updated versions.

just goes to prove that, for all the advances in miniatures technology, creativity and imagination are the keys in the hobby. 

Brother Tyler
This post was recognized by Brother Tyler!

Noserenda was awarded the badge 'Legio Mini Me'

And behold Brother Noserenda, formerly of the Black Templars, couple more blurry images in the competition folder :D Fun bit of freehand on the pauldron, i tried the red cross too but it looked awful even by my abysmal standards, so a bit of a variant design.

291616063_10160105392885797_6492410470833433597_n.jpg

Alright, since I started out with a DA Heresy-era army back four years ago when I came back to the hobby, I will apporpriately put in a Heresy Legio member. Battle-brother Ikka, recently promoted to Sergeant. 

uf7hC9H.jpeg

OK463BZ.jpeg

Question- what is the color of the Legio's robes?