Taking Ultramarines to the London GT

Captain Idaho

Certainly the factions I'll struggle most with won't have it. 

Sisters of Battle and Massed Guard tanks being an exception. Death Guard too, but the D3 would likely do me better even without the AP.

Lose is my first thought! They do what I do but better with more infantry and probably Mortarian.

My main thoughts are to hit their lead elements with all my firepower at once to make them possible to kill in melee or just wiped out.

The High Explosive shells from the Kratos, along with its 4 Lascannons and 2 Multi-melta shots, should make a dent on even their Blightlords.

I think Mortarian will be tough to take down still but a single volley from the Vindicator Laser Destroyer can turn the tide in a way the opponent must respect.

On this basis the opponent will have to commit Mortarian or suffer constantly being shot from a distance since he couldn't be hidden easily, thus forcing his hand with the rest of the army to support or risk losing an expensive model for nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

Ah nooooo. I've had to pull out due to financial commitments. (Accommodation etc)

I'm happy with the Core of the list and concept and will probably do a few more 1 day local tournaments instead whilst saving money for a big venture next year.