[DH1e] The Damocles Contingency (OOC)

Mazer Rackham

26 minutes ago, Ancient_Sobek said:

@Mazer Rackham will do. I rolled up my stats and plugged the into the sheet.

Sound, cheers fella.

22 minutes ago, Trokair said:

So, what have I missed?

The usual upbeat stuff.

No explosions yet, though. *Checks watch*

Hmm. Boom 'o clock.

Just to make a note - chasing Helene is viable, it will be the more investigative mission of the two, and would suit Nicios well. The only thing that can detect Helene is a live creature (you could have worked that out, so it's not a big reveal). If you want a psychic bloodhound mission: this is it.

Going into Canthus is going to be what you make it. There is an item not currently in your possession which can make it easier.

Oh, I figured that chasing her was possible, but given that she managed to rip through a SoB while unprepared for a fight, I'm not sure that going after her when she is no probably expecting trouble would be the best option at the moment. It might be better to have the team gel together against some more...mundane foes and get some more experience before attacking the weird psyker witch.

8 hours ago, Mazer Rackham said:

Going into Canthus is going to be what you make it. There is an item not currently in your possession which can make it easier.

Interesting. Presumably, this is something that has already been mentioned? Anyone got any ideas?

Edit: Or something new that Vigilance can help us with?

Edited by Lysimachus

1 hour ago, Lysimachus said:

Interesting. Presumably, this is something that has already been mentioned? Anyone got any ideas?

Edit: Or something new that Vigilance can help us with?

Already mentioned. It's in the hive with you, and reasonably accessible.

4 minutes ago, A.T. said:

Possibly the med-security card that stitches had.

Oh, that's a good point! Haven't the bad guys got that, though? Unless Stitches dropped it somewhere when they got jumped? Maybe we can examine any evidence gathered up from the site of the attack on the shuttle?

5 minutes ago, A.T. said:

Or a melta bomb. Meltabombs make everything easier.

I must admit I wondered for a minute if Mazer was referring to the offer of an aircar... we could crash it through Canthus' front room window... :laugh:

22 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

Oh, that's a good point! Haven't the bad guys got that, though? Unless Stitches dropped it somewhere when they got jumped? Maybe we can examine any evidence gathered up from the site of the attack on the shuttle?

I left it fairly vague to give myself room. The bad guys don't have it.

34 minutes ago, A.T. said:

Or a melta bomb. Meltabombs make everything easier.

Plus:

25 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

an aircar... we could crash it through Canthus' front room window... :laugh:

Sounds like a fun time!

Unfortunately not, the room you're sharing with Drake is equipped with a secure stumm-barrier and shielding. Think of it like the briefing room in Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy.

Having said that, we'll split the difference, and for narrative convenience have Bardas up to speed and in communication with Vigilance as soon as you emerge. The Vault can then be assumed to be fully appraised of the situation.

You can ask for info, updates or support as to any topic takes your fancy.

Ok guys, you can change the clothes narratively, no need to spend money for it. You can leave the cogitator core with Bardas in the Tech labs, unless Tro wants to 'join' you in the back of the van. If there's anything you want to do around the Halls of Judgement, feel free to attend to that narratively as well.

Otherwise, your chariot awaits.

Reliant Robin Space Shuttle - Top Gear | Part of the ill fat… | Flickr

Luxury vehicle this. No brakes, no airbags, no seatbelts. All removed on the 'sport' model you see here.  Not only does it improve performance, but you can quickly change the radio station and swap seats with your friends when you stop.

1 hour ago, Mazer Rackham said:

I was planning on having it be black with a red stripe, but when in Peckham...

What about a 'Cut and Shut' lengthwise?

One half: Black with a Red Stripe

and 

The other half Red with a White Stripe.

The stripes meet at the middle of the Air Dam. 

Hmm, I wasn't thinking about the environmental conditions outside, if its only saving half an hour maybe stick with the internal route...?

Edit: never mind... :laugh:

Edited by Lysimachus

54 minutes ago, Machine God said:

I'm just trying to make a Narrative

Feel free to include Reynard pointing out other traffic or helping steer against the wind, etc, etc if it fits with the +10 Assist?