[DH1e] The Damocles Contingency (OOC)

Mazer Rackham

Hmm, Reynard might see if there are any hotshot charges for his laspistol? A red-dot sight also sounds kinda cool...

How much are we talking to get an Executioner shell or two? He can only load two at a time in his sawn-off, so I was more thinking of having a couple stashed in a pocket just in case we came up again something really bad, rather than swapping all his shotgun ammo for Executioners?

Eventually the plan will be to get a Bolt Pistol (or two), Bolt Training and Two-Weapon Wielder, but that's not available until we get to Rank 5...

@A.T. Big guns are always handy...

I see Lysi is going with the old twin-linked lasgun gag. :wink: On the executioner shells, we're talking big Thrones a pop. Hot-shot and laser sight upgrades are available.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

1 hour ago, Lysimachus said:

Hmm, Reynard might see if there are any hotshot charges for his laspistol? A red-dot sight also sounds kinda cool...

How much are we talking to get an Executioner shell or two? He can only load two at a time in his sawn-off, so I was more thinking of having a couple stashed in a pocket just in case we came up again something really bad, rather than swapping all his shotgun ammo for Executioners?

Eventually the plan will be to get a Bolt Pistol (or two), Bolt Training and Two-Weapon Wielder, but that's not available until we get to Rank 5...

Thanks for that Tackleberry! 

Falk is short of funds* so will let the rest do the fighting for him, as usual.

(*unless the armoury is taking obscura shipments and heretical Tau action figures in payment :p  Should probably check those into evidence...)

How much are we talking to get an Executioner shell or two?

150 thrones per round, from the Radicals Handbook p55

Decided to stick with a few hotshot charges.

Also, I've made a successful Barter Roll with 1DoS - hopefully for the whole party? - so unless GM makes it an Opposed Test, it should be 15% off whatever you need?

31 minutes ago, A.T. said:

Falk is short of funds* so will let the rest do the fighting for him, as usual.

(*unless the armoury is taking obscura shipments and heretical Tau action figures in payment :p  Should probably check those into evidence...)

I lol'd more than I should. :thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

Decided to stick with a few hotshot charges.

Also, I've made a successful Barter Roll with 1DoS - hopefully for the whole party? - so unless GM makes it an Opposed Test, it should be 15% off whatever you need?

Bartering for Scarce or Common items without a test is fine, Rare and upwards will be Opposed due to the nature of the supplies here.

1 hour ago, A.T. said:

Two questions -

1) are the autoguns we picked up 'good' quality, or just custom built

2) can Falk barter down the cost of a full arbites-pattern shotgun with an additional roll or are those always going to be full cost due to rarity ?

1. Autoguns are 'Good' Quality but are customised. The gunsmith knows his onions. There aren't any trade-ins on these, they're a surrender (or not) for which you are being granted amnesty.
  2. Falk is a Bobby, so that will count for something. I can do you a Arbites Mk III Lawbringer (Combat Shotgun + Reliable, Rare, but you're an officer, so Scarce) for: 200 - 20% (Barter+Trade Test) = 160 - 50 (trade in for Pump-Action) =110 without any further rolls.
Edited by Mazer Rackham

To be honest, I'm really not sure what our next steps should be.

We've found out a lot about the Aldario family and its many… peculiarities… but it actually seems to be a bit of a red herring from our primary goal, as none of what we've uncovered so far actually ties back to Locke* or identifying his enemies° who are threatening the Hive?

*except that maybe he could be the 'devil' Aldario senior made a deal with.

°except that they seem to be Mechanicus.

In fact, despite what we know from Kelborn's bio, IC we still don't have any evidence yet to suggest that Locke is here or even alive!

I'm assuming House Canthus is where we need to go, as it's the only big lead we haven't already followed… but I don't really know what we're looking for at this point. So far, it all ties back to Dreyfuss, not Locke?

Has anyone spotted anything I'm missing?

Also, questions for Mazer. I think you said Absolom had declared martial law. Does that mean he has taken any action against the Aldario's? Did Helene and Kraevus run from the throne room? Is De Grassi in charge of the Hive if they are gone? Is the faked footage of the Sanctum 'attack' still being aired, or did we at least put a stop to that? Can we get in touch with Verdict to report what we've found, and any more info from him about next steps we should take?

Sorry, I've just been trying to work out what Reynard is thinking as he eats his sandwiches, and I'm really not sure. Plus, we are running out of spare Hives… :sweat:

Edited by Lysimachus

Also, questions for Mazer.

My body is ready.

Spoiler

I think you said Absolom had declared martial law. Does that mean he has taken any action against the Aldario's? Did Helene and Kraevus run from the throne room? Is De Grassi in charge of the Hive if they are gone? Is the faked footage of the Sanctum 'attack' still being aired, or did we at least put a stop to that? Can we get in touch with Verdict to report what we've found, and any more info from him about next steps we should take?

I've got plans to tackle that IC. I want to get you guys loaded up and refreshed before we go anywhere. We'll get all your spending done and then we'll move on.

@A.T. Not thrilled with the shotgun offer? I was expecting you to come back to me, being honest. The "Carnodon" (nice) will have the stats of the .54 Tranter, but loses the Unreliable Weapon Quality. Further, the Hi-Max Shells will add +2 Damage. 90 Thrones, -20% Barter = 72 Thrones. Any interest?

If you guys need money, feel free to dip into the 300 Thrones that Nicios got from De Grassi- it'll be good to gear up off of that prick's money

21 minutes ago, Machine God said:

Kerr Restal also bought Basic Weapons Training (Primitive) for 100.

I noticed that the Assassin Killer didn't actually have the training to use the Katana on his back.

Basic Weapon (Primitive) covers ranged weapons like bows, crossbows, and other primitive ranged weapons.

43 minutes ago, Mazer Rackham said:

@A.T. Not thrilled with the shotgun offer? I was expecting you to come back to me, being honest. The "Carnodon" (nice) will have the stats of the .54 Tranter, but loses the Unreliable Weapon Quality. Further, the Hi-Max Shells will add +2 Damage. 90 Thrones, -20% Barter = 72 Thrones. Any interest?

Sold

The actual Carnodon is in the inquisitors handbook - but Falk only has the SP(Basic) talent and the Tranter is so unreasonably massive* that it counds as a basic weapon unless you have a strength of 40+.

He'll be trading in his shotgun as well to fund a fire select. I figured i'd need something to deal with carapace and a regular shotgun (combat or otherwise) wasn't it.

(* from a hive-gang game years back the holy grail of custom scum weaponry was a tranter pistol with the 'accurate' quality - if you had a high enough BS to use it properly)

31 minutes ago, A.T. said:

He'll be trading in his shotgun as well to fund a fire select. I figured i'd need something to deal with carapace and a regular shotgun (combat or otherwise) wasn't it.

Yep, that's fine.

We'll assume that's done OOC, as we don't need to worry about bogging down anything with that. Lads, make sure you're all bombed up, and then move on to the refectory. If the players with one level of fatigue eat and drink, this level will be removed (you're perking up, so to speak).

Edited by Mazer Rackham

@Mazer Rackham Idle curiosity, but how much did you pay back for Restal's combat shotgun? Reynard might be interested in swapping it for his sawn-off instead and just paying the extra?

Fluff-wise, I like the concealability of the hack, but it's hard to argue with massively improved clip size and the ability to do SABs. Plus I'm guessing its chaos out there, so it's not like anyone is going to make a big fuss over people being obviously armed...