[DH1e] The Damocles Contingency (OOC)

Mazer Rackham

+ The RPG Nook Presents +

++ THE DAMOCLES CONTINGENCY ++

large.Inquisition.jpg.2ecb5607aea4e9cc76

Welcome to the OOC Thread!

I actually had/have a one-shot plot I entered for a C7 Wrath & Glory proposal for expanded adventure content (I got as far as signing an NDA), and was wondering if anyone would be interested in bringing this into DH 1st Ed. The reason for this is that I have the Core book, and Ascension for that, and not 2E.

Why not W&G? I don't know the system beyond 1st Ed "Blessings Unheralded" and I prefer the deeper, grittier feel of the FFG stuff and am reasonably familiar with how DH works due to my immersion into DW.

I could be convinced to start players a Rank 2, especially if they had human characters in other games in the Nook who have experience (*cough*onlywardiehards*cough*).

Hive world setting, Ordo Hereticus, naturally. Maybe even rules light (shock horror).

Thoughts?

EDIT: renamed thread for dramatic invocation..!

Edited by Mazer Rackham

Potentially interested... don't have DH, but if I can get hold of a copy...?

DH is relatively similar to DW in terms of rules, right? (I know it's supposed to be possible to port characters over, so I'm assuming it must be pretty close...?)

10 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

Potentially interested... don't have DH, but if I can get hold of a copy...?

DH is relatively similar to DW in terms of rules, right? (I know it's supposed to be possible to port characters over, so I'm assuming it must be pretty close...?)

Yeah, in fact it's where all the copypasta comes from ;)

You just don't get to run around as a 9 foot tall powerhouse with a rocket machinegun, and have to make do with really thick carboard painted black to look like a gun, and a crash helmet...check your PM's.

6 minutes ago, Machine God said:

Colour me interested 

Hmm, what flavour of heresy is that? ;p

43 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

The main differences are that you buy equipment with cash rather than requisition, and characters are vulnerable to things like grots and death by tripping over their own feet.

There is a lot more variety between the characters abilities than in Deathwatch, particularly with the expansion books (which have been up on humble bundle a few times now). Ideally any Dark Heresy game would focus on investigation, exploration, charm... and then hiding behind the combat types and/or running away when things inevitably go wrong.

Low rank characters are _much_ more simplistic in terms of what they can and cannot do - as in perhaps a dozen starting skills and talents total and perhaps a special rule or two.

As usual, my interest probably outstrips my capacity :biggrin: 

And  I do so love every flavor of heresy :devil:

Been feeling a bit weary about battlefields lately, so certainly interested looking into the other areas of the setting for a change

(In fact I am currently toying with the  Starforge / Ironsworn RPG for Solo / CoOp gaming and already thought it might be a nice rules light starting point for some Inquisimundo / Inq 28 shenanigans….)

2 hours ago, Beren said:

Yep, definately interested.

Will we be seeing Doctor Stimms again? :)

2 hours ago, Machine God said:

Any of the three Cornetto's

Just One Khornetto...give it to me, delicious flavour, of heresy....

36 minutes ago, Xin Ceithan said:

As usual, my interest probably outstrips my capacity :biggrin: 

(In fact I am currently toying with the  Starforge / Ironsworn RPG for Solo / CoOp gaming and already thought it might be a nice rules light starting point for some Inquisimundo / Inq 28 shenanigans….)

Always handy to have another creative noggin...

Cheers to @A.T. for the swift and accurate rundown! :D

Edited by Mazer Rackham

1 hour ago, Beren said:

Should a medic of unquestionable repute, dedication and honesty be required, then most certainly.

After all, a compulsive liar is the next best thing.

I'm interested to see how you would see Stimms going forward - guard route or another career path?

I'm not demanding you run him of course, if you'd rather flex with another Trusted Acolyte, I'm all ears - it's your guy after all ;)

9 hours ago, Lord_Ikka said:

I like the idea of investigative/body horror- reminds me of Call of Cthulhu. I'll throw my hat in the ring, though I need to read up on Dark Heresy character creation...

There will certainly be a bit of body horror, but not Lovecraftian levels since I enjoy my brain the way it is...:blink:

Expect 40k "Tube vs Orifice" and "Ichor vs Dripping" here and there.

1 hour ago, Xin Ceithan said:

Regarding that - would this be set in the official setting / sector of DH or, as the title might suggest, somewhere more in the galactic south?

Not official setting. Just a small hive, but may be on a certain frontier...

16 minutes ago, Machine God said:

Maybe there's just lots of swords involved 

Damocles is the name of the place.

And you have ten(ish) days to save it.

Chop, chop...

Hmm. According to the whims of the Emperor and my dice, I rolled up an Imperial Psyker from an Agri-World who is both strong-willed and intelligent but has a terrible constitution and is fairly unlikeable as a person (maybe he has bad breath?). Interesting...