Your marine hot take/controversial opinion?

Primaris Grav tanks are far more fitting vehicles for the elite of the Imperium then Predators and Rhinos, and they look cooler.

Storm Talons are the best looking marine flyer. The Xiphon looks too much like an X-wing or Battlestar Viper. I avoided the Aeronautica Astartes units because of the Xiphon

Suppressors look awesome

Edited by sitnam

When another loyalist Primarch does show up (from either sleepy naptime or funtime adventures in the warp) he doesn't actually kick off with G-Money over how he's had to handle the Imperium. All this nonsense with the Lion is based on silly interpretations of something that happened 10,000 years before with Imperium Secundus for example.

Any Primarch that rolls up wanting a showdown with Guilliman now would be a traitor imo (for ex. a corrupted wulfen Leman Russ).

Edited by justicarius6

22 hours ago, Medjugorje said:

Marines cant be well balanced in this edition because their core design. Although the units are very pricy the characters + units wont work alone. There is too often a bubble in an edition where you need MSU for the mission.

This doesn't just affect Marines though. Most armies have characters with bubble auras of one sort or another.

In fairness it wouldn't even be a stretch for him to purge his own chapter.

I don't think such a thing will happen, but the Dark Angels have abandoned tactically sound plans and left allies in the cold in order to pursue their secret objectives, to the detriment of the Imperium in some cases. The Lion would not be happy about this.

On a slight tangent - I think the Lion is a brilliant character, and he would enrich the setting should he return. 

Edited by Orange Knight

After just reading the "canceling of the Rubicon" thread, I really think I have my ultimate controversial hot take. 

First Born will never go away. Every FB model will get updated again at some point. Mostly for scale issues. The rules will continue to support the models for as long as necessary. The models are iconic, the lore is vast and beloved, and to scrap them completely for underdeveloped and divisive primaris, is frankly, business suicide. 

3 hours ago, Captain Idaho said:

Here's a fun hot take...

The Loyalist Dark Angels in the Heresy were in black.

The Lutherans were in dark green.

Ergo the modern 40K Dark Angels are descendants of...?

:biggrin:

My Dark Angels head canon has the Lion as a traitor.  He fence sat for most of the Heresy and played both sides against the middle.  His Legion went after the homeworld’s of the Traitor Primarchs in order to “burn their ships” forcing their compliance to win at Terra.

9 hours ago, Karhedron said:

This doesn't just affect Marines though. Most armies have characters with bubble auras of one sort or another.

but a normal marine character cost on average 100 points and a squad 150 - while other armies dont need character support ( Marines without character support are trash ).

4 hours ago, UnkyHamHam said:

After just reading the "canceling of the Rubicon" thread, I really think I have my ultimate controversial hot take. 

First Born will never go away. Every FB model will get updated again at some point. Mostly for scale issues. The rules will continue to support the models for as long as necessary. The models are iconic, the lore is vast and beloved, and to scrap them completely for underdeveloped and divisive primaris, is frankly, business suicide. 

dropping the FB line doesn't effect the vast amount of beloved lore at all though.

1 hour ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

dropping the FB line doesn't effect the vast amount of beloved lore at all though.

Hard disagree. Without some sort of bandaid or tie over, like making Primaris versions of FB units in their entirety or legitimizing Legends, scrapping them will literally mean you can't play any games set in the 10,000 years between The Siege of Terra and The Indomitus Crusade. 

Surely, you can see that if they invalidate that vast time period and all the potential there, including the titular year of M41 (40,000 you know, the year the damn game is named after) that this would be "scrapping" much of the fluff. 

And I'm sick of people say just play heresy if you want FB marines. Those periods are vastly different in style and how the universe works.