Starting in Service of the Warmaster

I’ve got Dorn on the go currently, with some jump pack Reavers ready to go next, but I have all the bits ready for the Chieftains after that! Or I did have all the bits, but seeing the funky made to order old shoulder pads, I might have to wait until I get my hands on them!

• 2 months later...

Back again with another update! This time, I’ve painted the new special character Vheren Ashurhaddon;

AenwyPx.jpg

I added more black and red panels to make him fit in better with my Reavers.

Then, to go with my jump pack equipped Reavers, I’ve done a Champion/Chaplain, (I can use him as either);

BkTisvY.jpg

And an apothecary to look after them all;

b15mQ0I.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

After chatting to one of my opponents a few weeks ago, he suggested I look at some Seekers, a rifle through my bits box for all the heads with targeting/bionic eyes plus an order of funky bolters from Etsy later and I have my own squad!

Fs8SKyi.jpg

I also went for lots of pouches and extra ammo clips all over them.

XTZBOng.jpg

WJ1FRWq.jpg

On 8/15/2023 at 8:07 AM, General Zodd said:

After chatting to one of my opponents a few weeks ago, he suggested I look at some Seekers, a rifle through my bits box for all the heads with targeting/bionic eyes plus an order of funky bolters from Etsy later and I have my own squad!

Fs8SKyi.jpg

I also went for lots of pouches and extra ammo clips all over them.

XTZBOng.jpg

WJ1FRWq.jpg

Awesome painting! And you made them exactly as I!:thumbsup: the difference is I put them with exchangeable weapons and you painted them.:biggrin:

• 4 months later...

I just realised I haven’t updated this in a while! Being near the end of the year, I’m in a retrospective mood, and being away from home I can’t do any hobby, so I thought I’d summarise what I’ve managed to get done for my Sons of Horus this year, and bring this blog up to date with a couple of extra photos!

So, 2023 has seen me finish;

- 9 Justaerin Terminators

- 2 Rapier Laser Destroyers

- 2 Javelin Speeders

- Master of Signals

- Librarian

- 2 Leviathan Dreadnoughts

- Spartan

- Horus Lupercal

- 10 Reaver Aggressors

- Ashurhaddon

- Legion Chaplain

- Apothecary

- 10 Seekers

- 10 Chieftains (pics below, though they’re not very good! I’ll try and get better photos later)

55sTmmK.jpeg

2CM8ULM.jpeg

Next year will hopefully see some more Justaerin, a Praetor, and maybe some Inductii. Beyond that, we’ll see where we go next!

That is a very impressive killcount, especially when the models are to such a high standard. The palette is spot on - when I imagine Sons of Horus, this is what I see! I think it is the lovely green you've achieved and the (rightly) liberal amount of gold/brass. Each model has real character too.