Cpt.Danjou

To preface this - as per my other posts i'm an exclusive Iron Warrior player, so my observations on units are from a 4th Legion perspective rather then a big picture view. 

I have used bikes in two roles since the codex dropped:

1. As a small 3 man 90pt units for scoring objectives/completing secondaries like For the Dark Gods. Iron Warriors make good use of bikes because we can give them objective secure in the command phase via the Warlord Trait Bastion. A fast obsec unit with some durability is a powerful tool in 9th edition.

2. The 9 man biker unit with Mark of Tzeentch, Icon, Black Rune of Damnation and 2 Flamers. Instead of buffing Terminators, you put the buffs (illusory supplication, Black Rune, Skeins of Fate, Dour Duty) into a much more mobile unit which is still very durable. With Daemon Shells Stratagem, the unit puts out 36 -2 AP bolter shots, ignoring cover and two flamers at -1 AP. You can further give the unit obsec via the aforementioned Bastion Warlord Trait and also 5+ over-watch. 

Both setups have performed well for me. Whatever you do with your bikes - remember to always trade the bolt pistol for a chainsword! 

Edited by Relic