I’m running creations of bile and they are good there: hitting strength 5 is a good breakpoint and being move 13 with an advance and charge strat is very good.

Honestly, the only weak spot is lack of durability compared to similar costed daemonkin units.  But they are speedy to make up for it - just find some obscuring to hide behind until it’s time to jump out!

5 hours ago, dice4thedicegod said:

I’m running creations of bile and they are good there: hitting strength 5 is a good breakpoint and being move 13 with an advance and charge strat is very good.

Honestly, the only weak spot is lack of durability compared to similar costed daemonkin units.  But they are speedy to make up for it - just find some obscuring to hide behind until it’s time to jump out!

The Creations advance and charge strat only works on Core units. Warp Talons don't have the Core keyword.

2 hours ago, Gree said:

The Creations advance and charge strat only works on Core units. Warp Talons don't have the Core keyword.

Ah - you’re  right!

luckily, I don’t think I’ve used it on them yet (phew!).  Too easy to miss a keyword amid the multitude of strats out there.   I kinda hope 10th trims strats back a bit.

Thanks for the heads up!

Alpha Legion Warp Talons are fantastic disruptors.

1. Forward Operatives them into the midfield.

2. Move & charge basically anything in the front of the enemy deployment zone, preferably several somethings you don't want shooting at your line.

3. Prevent fall back via special ability.

4. Fall back & charge something new via Legion Trait.

Use of the Black Rune on a 10 man squad will help with durability.

I included 2 units of 5 in every list I’ve played with my Word Bearers. Rerolling hits and wounds is unsurprisingly really good. As time and codex creep go on perhaps the value of these rerolls becomes matchup dependent (as some opponents can turn them off) but the fact that they can operate on their own without character support is just great. They do some work!