Sisters' list to potentially kneecap Tau railguns

Willy Pete

A little background first.  One of the players in my area has a Tau army with four Hammerhead railguns.  After watching my vehicles get deleted. I started thinking about a way to reduce the usefulness of the Hammerheads.  The following list is what I came up with.  I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but would like some feedback on its potential viability.  (I started collecting a long time ago.  For tradition, I use the same canoness I started out with, so her loadout is now Legendary.)

I originally painted my Sisters as Bloody Rose because I liked the color scheme, and I've kept using the Order ever since.

This is a 2,000 point list with a battalion and patrol detachments.

Canoness Boudica Combiflamer, power maul, Mantle of Ophelia.

Canoness Scathach Inferno pistol, Blade of Beneficence.

Palatine Veridiyan Wrath of the Emperor, Blessed Blade.

Four rifle squads of ten Sisters, each equipped with Heavy flamer and  melta gun.

Two fire teams of five Sisters, each equipped with melta gun.

One fireteam of Zephyrim of five Sisters, equipped with plasma pistol.

Three fireteams of Seraphim of five Sisters, equipped with plasma pistol, two hand flamers and two Inferno pistols each.

Two fireteams of Dominions of five Sisters, equipped with 4 meltaguns each.

Two fireteams of Retributors of five Sisters, equipped with 4 multi meltas each.

Two fireteams of Retributors of five Sisters, equipped with 4 heavy bolters each.

One fireteam of Retributors of five Sisters, equipped with 4 heavy flamers.

The basic idea is to swamp him with infantry and meltas.  Yes, I'm going to have to get close to really be effective.  And yes, he's going to keep his Hammerheads in the rear.  But part of the idea is to sweep over and destroy his infantry troops, leaving his vehicles exposed to the remnants of my troops, who will, hopefully, still have enough meltas and other weapons to take out his Hammerheads.

That's the theory, anyway.

Comments, criticism and advice gratefully accepted.

Sisters lists don't usually use vehicles atm, its all inf slog, with maybe some rhinos, but the winning bloody rose lists seem to be an almost carbon copy of each other, which is retributors and repentia. Along with celestine and Vahl:yes:

Msu as well, going over 5 for things like basic sisters, just isn't the norm, it reduces things like the effects of morale:smile:

Basic sisters arnt great troops for their cost either, bolters unfortunately have not kept up with the power creep and are pretty crap atm to be blunt, gone are the days of guardians and orks cowering at the sight of bolter fullisades, now they will just laugh it off:sad: 

It's also points that can just be spent more efficiently; heavy flamers also chuck those away, paying for things like plasma pistols, it all adds up, have a think of the total cost of these things, could all that be another unit?:yes:

5 squads of rets? if that's correct your only allowed 3, if you're playing matched:smile:

Sisters secondaries are considered strong atm, so building around them helps greatly:yes:

However, there could be some changes in the upcoming dataslate:smile:

Edited by Emperor Ming